Author Topic: What to read first?  (Read 6226 times)

mgladstonez

What to read first?
« on: January 25, 2007, 11:24:04 PM »
Hi everyone, I signed up here just this week.

Apologies for being lazy, but I just thought I'd ask if someone could point me to any notable threads that I should have a read of first, so I can get involved here?

Thank you, Mike

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: What to read first?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 05:23:00 AM »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 09:42:54 PM »
This is not an easy question to answer.  I would say that it depends upon what part of the hobby you enjoy the most/ what do you hope to get out of this forum.  If you like the modeling and painting side of the hobby then I would say to look into all the tips that are constantly shared by those of us who have that kind of talent.  If you are big into the design and composition of force lists then look into the events, army ideas and battle reports section.  If you're more of a technical person and like the mechanics then read over the rules and FAQ section.

This site really does have a lot to offer.  Where you begin really depends on what you're looking for.  No matter where you decide to start I'm sure that eventually you'll find your way to all parts of this forum and you'll find friendly folk there waiting to engage you in some witty banter.  Either way, welcome to the forums!  ;)
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 06:50:26 AM »
Starting one's own thread is a great way to get involved - welcome aboard!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 05:59:23 AM »
Apologies for being lazy, but I just thought I'd ask if someone could point me to any notable threads that I should have a read of first, so I can get involved here?

You're not lazy.
Now chestnuts, they are lazy!
Did I tell you about how I invented the question mark?
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 07:00:22 AM »
Great - does that mean that I have to pay a royalty every time that I ask a question? (Crap! I just did, didn't I?  Nuts, did it again!)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!