Author Topic: maplewood saga scenerios and batrep  (Read 22649 times)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
maplewood saga scenerios and batrep
« on: July 27, 2006, 11:57:03 AM »
I made this new post just to post the scenerios and battlereports.
The orignal thread is now 17 pages. I do this to make them easier to find.
I'll cut and paste the old scenerios and battlereports as time allows.

man if I can get this to be a sticky that would rule
no really that would.  ;)

« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 12:20:10 PM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
Re: maplewood saga scenerios and batrep
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 11:58:21 AM »
Agent Nick Micheals reporting to Division 6.

"I report complete success.
Due too early warning encoded message from our embedded agents in the captiol chain of command. We were prepared for their retrivel force. Agents were sent in to delay them long enough so the "Object" can be air lifted out. Our remaining agents were then sent to regroup back our secret "Mars 51" base.

The "Object" is in cartel hands and now in route too the  J. Edgar hoover building on luna.
I request additional agents be sent to Mars 51 base to replace our loses."

Yes a very fun game but tough.
around mid-game I was really missing the longer range of my old peacekeeper rifles.
having a army thats 96% pistols forces one to adapt or die.
Highlights for me was

1. that one sniper killing off the airborn rangers when they drop in within short to mid range of his rifle. that model earned his points.

2. Cartel enforcer finaling killing those two rangers bunker down. 
    Took most of the game to due it though.

3. Agent Nick next to the last turn final pops out of cover to declare victory

quote of the night "geez what did i do **** those guys off"
                                                       -jibbajabbawocky
lots of fun, looking forward to the next game

oh yeah jibba, How does feel to lose to guys with pistol...bet hurts deep down.
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHA

god I love the smell of smack talking in the morning

-steve
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agent micheals look at view screen. black boarding pods have attach themselves to the hull.
even now the sound of power saws cutting into ship echo though the halls of the Bahaus luxury liner.
taking a deep breath he turned to look at his rag tag defenders.
1. A group of agents(inculding the sniper from last game) that was traveling with him.
2.Small team of Cartel police, every international vessel carriers a netural cartel police team to hold the peace.
3.the ship medic
4.Gorgons Men, a merc unit on shore leave that happen to be onboard.

this is all he had vrs. a unknow force.
this will have to due.

So yes Jibba and I had our "get me the head of the Agent Nick Micheals game".
Well all I can say after the game is that  I feel like I drop a bar soap at a prison shower and didnt stand up in time. ****ouch***** . Jibba's dice was hot tonight. He beat me up good.

The scenario was a little different. We decided not use civilians. At 750pts we both had alot units on the board and didnt feel the need move more models around. 500pts would have been a different story. and instead of space hulk tile terrain we tried a bunch of old necrmundo buildings I had (what can say bahaus builds crazy ships).

But I had to love his plan....
                             .....I got swarmed by k9-units
those damn dogs and the desert scorpin sarge took the game for him.
Just like I said theres a evil logic in attack dogs in boarding actions.
just using space hulk terrian might made a little difference but I feel it still might of been a close game (damn dogs could move). the sunset strikers didnt do much (they did a lot of shooting) butit was the  desert scorpins working  real well in todays battle. Cartel police did real well asorbing alot shoots and doing alot of  shooting back before they died ( the last squad to go down). As for my mercs;  I feel so so. It would have been nice to see them get into the thick of it but they have to eat a lot bullets to get there and by then I'm down to flamethrowers (the one good thing about the mercs). Maybe they would have done better on space hulk terrian.

highlights of the game.

1. Agent nick micheals was final take'n down by a k9 hander
2. the last 2 FT merc flamethrowing the dogs and and a squad of sunset strikers
3. watching jibba's dogs rush the battlefield was damn kool .

result:
CORBA agents has now capture Nick Micheals.
He'll soon be transported to captiol interrogation center.

I wont be able to use him till I'll do a Rescue mission.

Bahaus (a new player)  must find out what hell happened. an attack on Bahaus civilian vessel can not go unanswered.

What information well captiol get from Agent Micheals?
Can the Cartel find him in time before too much is said?
what will bahaus do in response to attack on their civilian vessel?

The maplewood Warzone Saga moves forward in 3 weeks (due to hoildays).

-steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So My dear readers the story continues....

The Director of Operations was not happy man tonight.
Capitols foolish attack could undo years of planning and endangered the whole solar system.
COBRA indeed !! the not so dirty little secret is that CORBA is just a capitol front organization for when capitol wants denial in any involvement. But without any hard proof no "formal" charges can be pressed.

They were careful, so very careful...the Director sighed.
But wait...the gears were turning. The Director had a plan to make everything right and make capitol pay without the Cartel having to bloody their own hands.
Its time for The Cartel to seize control of the situation before it spins out of control......

....few weeks later the Bauhaus Minster of information will open a folder left on his desk, His eyes wide open reading the secrets within....

...at the Mars 51 base, in briefing room 5. A group of agents watch the recorded message of The Director. The hologram image zooms in on his mouth so his last words can have greater impact.."its time to put out your feelers, spread the word, I want to known
           WHERE IN HELL IS AGENT NICK MICHEALS!!!

new scenario

The Cartel has known for some time that CORBA a Capitol sponsored group has a training base on the ice moon TITAN and decided its time to cash in that bit of info.

82 yrs ago a Misihma dreadnought crashed on the planet and thought lost. Since then CORBA has moved in.

Without hard info linking CORBA to Capitol, Cartel official hands are tied but unofficially....

though a series of almost impossible events Bauhaus learns of the location of CORBA base on TITAN the same CORBA that attack  the Bauhaus Luxury liner "The Steiner Star" 3 weeks earlier.
Damn payback is a B**th!

Scenraio Title : untill someone offers something better  TITAN BLEEDS RED.
                                                                                               or COLD BLOODED SNAKES

Terrain: it will be arctic terrain with one corner of the table having techno ruins (parts of the Mishma ship sticking though the ice).  full environment rules in effect.

Enviroment level: Suggested Level 7.

players: CORBA steve(jibba) defender
             BAUHAUS: serge attacker

TO WIN: attacker is to raid the CORBA base.
The attacker in 6 turns must have more units (points) in the defenders deployment zone in order to prevent CORBA escaping to their ships.

defender is stop him at all cost!

THE WAR GOES ON!!!

« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 12:16:43 PM by masherking »

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 11:59:44 AM »
Ok Iron Panda heres your 500pt mission and also your setup to enter the campaign.

Humanity has spread across the solar system. Its footprint on every planet, But there are still places.
Dark places.
That man holds no claim.

the Martian moon Phobos ...

On the top of the citadel the naked body of the bleeding prophet sways back and forth. Blood pours freely from the stigmata across his chest, Chanting wildly he reaches out to the Dark soul in unholy communion.

...First the pain, always the pain.
                             the bleeding prophet screams from the agony of this foul union.
                 ...and in the minds eye of the prophet... the visions come.

The Legion marches in victory across the planets of man. Corrupting the solar system in its own image. From Poison sky to diseased earth, the very soul of humanity lost as the children of Adam are forced to kneel before its new master. The Dark Soul.
   then the image pauses and in that quiet moment between seconds a blinding white light.
                Where the light hits necrorganic flesh is turned to dust
                Where the light hits legions of acolytes burn within, A inner blue fire                leaving nothing but a charred corpse behind.
                Where the light hits the foul beasts of dark symmetry are forever banished to the deepest void.

A new feeling overcomes him, greater then the pain. It is the feeling of un-easiness, of dread, dare he even think it..fear.
                 The vision changes to mars. Mind's eye of the prophet fly's though the Martian landscape stopping at a hidden base. There stands a long haired man surrounded by....Cartel agents.

The dark soul withdraws from the prophet's mind and when the pain fades away he slowly awakens in pool of his own blood and urine. Knowing what must be done.He must make the Warlords gather their legions, sent them out in a new Black Crusade. What this great power is that gives even the dark soul pause must be stop and thanks to the visions he knows where to start.
                  The Bleeding prophet turns his eyes towards mars as it rise over Phobos horizon.    

Sorry its bit long but it sets up all kinds of scenarios.
  The Bleeding prophet has had vision. It shows The Legion winning its war over man but at the moment of victory a white event happens destorying everything that has been touch by the dark soul.
     He believes that man has discovered a new power that not even the dark soul can stop it. He also believes that this discovery happen at a remote location on mars. He most locate this power and stop man from ever having it.
TITLE: Between A Rock and Dark Place

PLAYERS: attacker Dark Legion (iron panda)
                defender Cartel (masherking)  

Scenario:  Phobo is surround by Listening stations that scans for space traffic around the Dark Legion controlled moon.
The mission is destroy the listening station called "The Rock" . Built into a asteroid well covered in brotherhood wards and having the means to change its own orbit. It has remain a well hidden thorn to legion forces on phobos. But thanks to the bleeding prophet and much use of dark symmetry a window to attack it has appeared.

The goal: Legion will use drop pods, cloak in dark symmetry, that will attach itself to the base. Your force is to destory all surveillance equipment allowing for a Dark legion fleet from Phobo to move out un-notice before mars can setup a replacement.

TERRIAN: rock pillars. somewhat open table.
  there is one  surveillance computer. It has 3 wounds and AR of 20.
  it should be about 13 "to 15"  from my table edge.

POINTS: 500pts *drop pods are part of the story and not really used in the scenraio.

so there is your intro game into warzone let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 07:38:08 AM by masherking »

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 12:00:53 PM »
Ok here are the results of tonights game.

Scenario: COLD BLOODIED SNAKES

Konrad's radio came to life "....SIR...we found a CORBA Solider out on the field..barely alive been exposed to the cold...SIR it bears officer rankings on the uniform...what do you wish to do".
     Konrads reply.
         "I want that snake alive. Bring it to the shuttle. Its coming to venus with us."
Bahaus and CORBA had hard fought battle. they were really slugging it out. But Konrad really won the day. The guys were telling me he was taking squads out all by himself

results: Corba lost the titan base aka: the Snakes Den to bahaus and not only that but bahaus, do to the clear victory,  has also capture an ranking CORBA officer. Who is now being shipped to venus for interrogation and judgement.

Scenario:  BETWEEN A ROCK AND DARK PLACE.

"They drilled though the rock wall sarge, THERE GETTING IN"
                    "Like hell they are. FORM UP AROUND ME 
                         ..HERE THEY COME ..FIRE FIRE FIREEEE"

Iron panda and I had our 500pt game today
    his goal was to destory a computer and or kill everyone on orbtial station.

today once again peacekeepers prove they are best grunts in the univeres.
    a total one sided victory for the cartel forces manning the station.
It was panda's first warzone game and a big learing experice on the use of his dark legion horde. He's a quick learner and I'm sure after few more battles he'll get feel for his army.
And my one-sided victories well turn into one-sided loses.

result:
           faliure at rock means the next "one on one" scenario would not  be a AMBUSH scenario where dark legion does the amushing. If they would have won they would have the pick of anyone to do a AMBUSH to.

NEXT SCENARIO:
              DEAD SNAKE WALKING
                will be a 4 way battle
           Bahaus public excution of the CORBA officer.
           CORBA to rescue one of there own.
           Cartel wants the officer for intell.
           The Bleeding Prophet has seen the part this officer will play in the coming black crusade. Dark legion forces move in to capture the officer .

details to be posted soon.   

thats it for me I'm going to bed.   

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 12:03:37 PM »
THIS ONE IS FROM IRON PANDA

500 points
Full table (or half, can't remember the dimensions)
Maze like terrain simulating the insides of a ship with ramparts, ladders, rooms, holds,corridors and what not.

I'd like to incorporate Gallagher's LD roll idea.  It's more logical and the coins are cool too.  Let's see...
Enter a room.  Make a LD test if  passed, use coin.  Get coin off table's edge.  As for the evil version, it's awesome! I'll have some coins on some of the DL figs and work it up in the fluff.

Alright, and now, the fluff:

Cartel Peacekeeper Gregor Hagopian did not not even give it a thought.  He's going inside the crashed ship and get the loot himself.  Forget protocol.  This was a slaver ship and its bound to have some shiny things.  Too bad, he caught the attention of several of his squad mates, which were now tagging along. This infuriated him to no end, but at least, they were of like mind and not wont to report to the Sarge about their covert venture. 

The ship was cavernous, its insulated wires snaking about like intestines.  Their footsteps reverberating across the corridor.  Hagopian wasn't enthused with his company but was now glad for their presence.  This place gave him the willies and then some!!  There wasn't much "shiny things" inside this part of the ship.  Just broken machines, dangling wires, all scrap really, and nothing worth scavenging.  Hagopian signalled his team to descend one more level and explore the ship further, afterwards, they'll just abandon this fruitless venture and be on their way back to the entrance. 

After several minutes exploring what appeared to be the ship's hold, an unexpected sight awaited them .  There were rows of cells across the corridor  and  inside were mummified remains which vaguely looked human.  What Hagopian found disturbing was some of them were misshapen in some way.  Calcinous growths studded their skeletal heads and their limbs twisted beyond normal human configurations.  But their faces....

One of his squadmates, Peacekeeper Jin, a veteran of many campaigns, yelled and started shooting at the darkening corridor ahead.  Shadows flew about engulfing what few illumination that the team could muster. Movements from different angles and low moaning sounds begin to flood them.  "Form up!", Hagopian yelled into his comm bead. "And let's get back topside!" As they ran, Hagopian could swore he saw the cells open up...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 11:01:13 AM by masherking »

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 12:04:57 PM »
The War Moves on....

Title: DEAD SNAKE WALKING

When we last left off.
       Bahaus has hit direct blow to COBRA. Not only have they taken the Snakes den (a Misihma dreadnought buried under the ice moon titan) But capture a high ranking
CORBA officer, The Baroness.

The Baroness, a one time Bahaus Noble, is wanted for many crimes. After her day in court she is found quilty and sentence to die by public exeuction. For Bahaus this kills two birds with one stone. They get to be rid of a Noble wanted for high crimes and sent a strong message to CORBA. "HANDS OFF ALL THINGS BAHAUS"

The Baroness sits in her cell watching the clock tick by. Unknown to her the strange hand of fate is working behind scenes.

**********************************************************************************
BAUHAUS : Its the Baroness day in court and the verdict has been reached.
     "For crimes against The Bauhaus Corporate State you are found guilty.
       Your punishment is execution by beheading held at the public square.
       So all can see you Die Die Die."

Objective: make sure no one stops the execution.
                 Get the most points in kills then everyone. (yes this means there could be 2 winners in   
                 this scenario. Serge and someone else)

Prize: I will have to think of something worth while now that you have a true victory objective.
           ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CORBA :  "THIS IS HORRIBLE DESTRO...in a few days time she'll be deader then DISCO!!!
                 if the Baroness dies now my plans will be in jeopardy"

"Fear not Commander, I have a plan..."

Objective: grab the Baroness and return her to your deployment zone.
Prize: FLUFF!!! jibbed wants CORBA to be its own entity with no ties to Capitol. With the baroness rescued, it will rally CORBA forces to the point it will cut its Corporate ties and become its own power.
          The Necromutant is kneeling before the Bleeding Prophet. Head to the ground wondering how long the Prophet would leave him like this before giving his message....a moment later The Bleeding Prophet mind clears after a brief vision and speaks.
        "Go to your master in Haste. Let no one stop you. Tell Her I had vision and if she wants a assured victory in coming Black Crusade...Go to Venus...bring me the baroness before she is killed...SHE MUST GO now before its to late!"

Prize: This is a kool one. The Bleeding Prophet will show the Baroness the power of the Dark Soul (she's already half way there). Seduce by such power She'll be swayed to join the Dark legion. What this means is you get "Strategic insight" for your commander of all future battles due to the advice given by the baroness before the conflict. this stays in effect until someone attempts a assassination scenario against the baroness.

CARTEL : Director of Division 6 reads the report. All diplomatic attempts to get the Baroness declared as international Criminal has failed. The Cartel it seems must now use more direct means to get the Baroness and the information she has.

prize: Due to Cartels unique brand of questioning The Baroness will give up details on NICK MICHEALS where about's.
This means Cartel will do a  STEALTH RAID (details given at a later date) scenario in cartels attempts to rescue Agent Nick Micheals.
**********************************************************************************

SCENARIO:  Its the Baroness's execution day. Its Held at old city town square. Cameras will be there to record the event. 20 Officials (civilian rules in effect) will be present.

the baroness will be in the center (she cant be killed in the scenario) waiting for the axe to drop at the start of the game.

every ones deployment zone will be a table corner (including Bauhaus).

TERRIAN : open town square baroness model in the center
            around her 20 civilian models. evenly spaced.
             some old buildings surround the town square.

special rules: civilian rules in effect and
"What the hell are they doing here" rule: do to fact no one planned for everyone showing up at once to take her. Everyone is caught off guard.  No one can fire a weapon on the first turn.
It takes one action to take the Baroness. The baroness doesnt block LOS and in no way has any game effect on model carrying her. If the carrying model dies the Baroness stays where the model was killed untill someone else takes her.

POINTS: 850pts damn, with four people this is going to be a big one.

Elsewhere....Nick Micheals has been sitting in a CORBA cell for weeks in route to a Capitol Penal colony. When he gets there Old scarred tough as nails Capitol major awaits him.
"Prisoner 666 Its my job to let you know its my job to make your stay here a living HELL. and to help me with that task is Inquisitor Coins."
              just then a pale face brotherhood Inquisitor steps forward.
      "I'm told Brother Coins is very skilled in getting information from people like yourself.
       Men, Women, Children he doesn't care as long at the end they tell him everything he wants to hear, and from you Prisoner 666 he wants to hear a whole lot.   
            I truly hope you don't enjoy your stay".

someplace a little farther then elsewhere......."This is Konrad  von Juntz on Titan to BAUHAUS high command. The base is ours...I believe its a dreadnought still mostly intact, request more troops to hold it. Night raids by legion forces draining supply's. Bring more troops.. repeat Bring More Troops."

and someplace else entirely different....The Bleeding Prophet swaying back and forth. The whole system is in chaos so many possible threads, The now endless stream of visions threatens to overwhelm him. Yet he stands there swaying...back and forth...back and forth.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 12:05:45 PM »
*****IMPORTANT NEWS FLASH FROM CAPITOL NEWS NETWORK******

"Good evening, from San Dorado, and to all the inhabited worlds, this is Chris Estevez with breaking news.
Reports today from Neo Jersey confirm that the Cartel, at 12:45 pm today, attacked without warning the CGF  46th Light Recon Platoon, and either killed or captured the entire force.   Robert Steeves, a representative of The Cartel had this to say..."
*scratchy voice recording*  "The Military Unit designated the 46th Light Recon Platoon was well within the clearly defined Cartel Restricted Zone, and were delt with accordingly."

"... General Hannibal Smith has gone on record as saying the the  Recon Platoon was on routine training manuvers, and accidentally strayed 2 miles into the restricted zone.  He called the attack 'Cowardly', and made accusations that the Cartel was attempting to usurp Capitol control of Mars.  He, however did commend the Recon Patoon for their feirce determination in the brief firefight against the Cartel, claiming that '..Any corporate entity stupid enough to set foot on Mars would [be defeated]'  Capitol Military Legal Advisor Szandor Sharpton has said that he will file charges against The Cartel; that their attack was unlawful and unwarented.
  We wil bring you more updates as the news breaks.  And now, back to 'Two Men, a Mutant, and a Pizza Place', to be followed by a new episode of 'Mama, Machine, Monkey, and Me' on Capitol Broadcasting Systems', 'Can't Miss' Sunday Lineup."

Yesterday at Maplewood Hobby, Masherking (Steve) with his Cartel force wiped out my Capitol force in a 1000 point battle.  The tide of war shifted many times, and great fun was had by all.  The Battlefield was a dry riverbed with many ruined buildings.  Casualties were heavy among the Cartel forces, however, Agent Nick Micheals survived unscathed.  Warning, much good natured smack-talk to follow.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 12:07:14 PM »
*****IMPORTANT NEWS FLASH FROM CAPITOL NEWS NETWORK******

Good evening, citizens of Mars, this is breaking news...
... Initial reports from Cartel Security forces report that Agent Nick Michaels, hero of Operation: Kittycat, Operation: Lemon Squeezer, and featured model of Teen Beat magazine, was kidnapped today when he and his bodyguards were attacked by a terrorist organization calling itself "COBRA".  The Citizens Organization to Bring Revolution and Anarchy, as they call themselves, claimed responsibility for the attack.   Witnesses claim that the attackers wielded Mishiman style katana, and used a large amount of attack dogs to attack Michaels' force.  2 groups of Darkslayer mercenaries, who were at the launching pad at the time, tried to come to the rescue of Agent Michaels, along with a security force from the Bauhaus space liner "Dunkelzhan".  The terrorist group was careful to take thier casualties away, leaving many dead and wounded in their wake, including a Ship's Surgeon, also from the "Dunkelzhan".

... Meanwhile, in other news, several Capitol troopers were killed in a tragic Helicopter collision, that killed several members of the brave and honorable Sunset Strikers.  Several members of the famed Desert Scorpions were also killed.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Capitol defeated the Cartel today, in a pretty brutal fight.  The Capitol forces consisted of 5 K-9 teams (3 dogs each) 2 squads of Sunset Strikers w/ FT specialists, and a small squad of Desert Scorpions. Necromunda terrain was used, to simulate the interior of the "ship" basically a large open are with catwalks and such. (The cargo bay, we think)  Cartel forces included a squad of agents, 2 squads of Darkslayers, a Cartel Police squad, a medic, a Sniper, and Nick Michaels.  All in all, a brutal fight.

...The campaign will continue, though.  Other players are encouraged to come, as the campaign can certainly include other factions.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 06:49:05 PM »
"Yoritomo"

on the ice moon Titan

Mishima ninja sat on top of large ice shelf. Clad in a uniform that not only blended him to the back ground but protected him from Titan's cold and bitter winds. He spies the battle below

Typing on a small keyboard on its arm. A tight laser message is sent to the Mishima landing craft hiding in near orbit.
             Message reads as follows.
                 "....Battle goes poorly for Bauhaus **end**
                       Dark legion is winning but lacks re-enforcement.**end**
                               what are orders.***end***

short while later a reply "....hold position**end
                                               we are coming down... **end**"

The cartel has leak the info of downed battleship to Mishima for 2 reason.
     1. that the cartel needs the baroness alive, Bauhaus refused to hand her over. They were warned the info of battleship that was given to them could also  be given to an other. (the series of impossible events was the cartel doing) Bauhaus thought the Cartel was bluffing....Cartel never bluffs.

2. The downed battleship is a the Mishima flagship "Yoritomo"  thought lost when it went down fighting against impossible odds. this a ship of legend. The cartel handing this info over to Mishma has earned the cartel a hard to get  '"I owe you" from Mishima.

Forces: Mishima (jibba)  Dark legion (masherking)

objective: 1000pt battle for the ship.  with  Dark legion numbers at all time low a Mishima strike force thinks its the best time too strike!

setup: half the  board is a ice cave dug out by Corba and the Yoritomo when it crashed.
The other half is ship/base. (doom tiles)

"From the Darkest night they Come"

thanks to the spy station  " The Rock " the base was given full warning.
Lock down and load up. Dark Legion is coming and their coming Tonight!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

ok when Dark Legion lost the battle "between the rock and a dark place" they lost the ability to land a surpise attack on mars.  knowing this the legion is attacking at night hoping to use the darkness to their advantage, But the base knows their coming and is able to quickly prepare defences.

Forces: Dark Legion (iron panda)  Captiol(philly) or if philly cant make it  which ever army scott wants to play with

rules: night fighting and  scenerio one: Hold the line.
               changes: defender 900pts
                              attacker  1400pts. Reason for the point change is I feel night rules swings to the attackers favor..Of course I could use some input on this.

also inside the base night rules are ignored due to spot lights

setup 2/3 rds little cover, open ground. 1/3rd is defenders base set up sandbags and makeshift barriers  with a base building or two.

tell me what you guys think

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 06:49:48 PM »
More tales of the MAplewood Warzone Saga.

On the Ice Moon Titan......

last of the Misihma warriors fell, there spilled blood frozen in the time it takes to draw breath.
Warriors of darkness raised their weapons to the air. Their foul cries turning into a fouler pray praising their Dark Lords.
Victory belongs to Evil today and Evil marches to its prize....

On the surface of  Titan....
...the ground shakes and the thick ice cracks. Jets of water vapor shoot into the air. An Explosion that would forever scar Titans surface can be seen from orbit. In the Aftermath a large shape fills the titan sky. Its the Yoritomo and it has risen from its frozen grave. But a darkness shrouds this historic moment. The ship of legend ONCE named Yoritomo obeys new more sinster masters. The Dark legion gylps that dot its once proud hull glow with a errie power and it reads AZOGHAR.

=================================================================

Yes Jibba and I had a great game of warzone.
I played a newer version of my Dark legion list and he played Misihma for the first time.
It was down to the wire. First half of the game I would have sworn Jibba was going to win
( I hate..HAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEE those twice damn ninja snipers little buggers killed half my army all on their own ) but my sweet Blight Commandos help pull a win from behind.
the last play was commando tainter flaming the last of the ninja snipers (YEAHHHHHH)
and what was left of my Blessed killing Amaterasu turning her into a zombie   then having them kill what was left of Jibbas force.
All told I had 4 guys left on the table
a damn good game.

===================================================================

......on broad the AZOGHAR

Emerging from the shadow the ninjas dispatch the last of the computer core guards.
The skilled Shadow Walkers sneaked in during the battle between Misihma and Dark legion when the then named Yoritomo was still trap under the ice. Now that the last of the guards are dealt with the ninjas begin their work. They install a new computer board with Cybertronic markings into the ships computer heart....
               ****computer download  complete****
                         ****AI rebooting***
                        ***AI rebooting***
 ....footsteps echo down the hall more dark troopers are coming.
                    the Shadow Walkers step back into the shadows.
Their skills of stealth has kept them alive this long
                will it keep them alive a little longer.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:47:34 AM by masherking »

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 06:52:31 PM »
THIS ONE IS FROM Jibbajabbawocky

Hassan Soshuri sat impatiently in his chair, wringing his hands together and hoping the semi-hidden guards standing in the shadows of the cavernous office.  The lights were dimmed, possibly to reflect the artificial night-time of the underground cave systems of Mercury, or perhaps to make him pay more attention to the high-back chair on the other side of the polished Venusian Mahogany desk before him.  The chair was back-lit by the light comming through the wall sized window, a garish display of the various neon signs crowding the view of the pedestrians on the street, many floors below.  Hassans well worded report of the Titan incident lay on the desk, apparently unread.  His Leige Lord had died there, along with Lady Amaterasu, a true hero of Mishima, had reported fallen and ben raised as an undead abomination.

"So, Soshuri-chan, you have failed."  The voice from behind the chair startled him, not just due to it's suddeness, but also it's youth.  "Shoju-san... my strategy was fool-proof, there was no way it could have failed" Soshuri's voiced faltered, his words seemingly swallowed by the darkness.  A pregnant pause passed.  "The only fool, my dear Soshuri-chan, was you.  You caused the death of a Liege Lord, and if I had fully trusted you, the life of one of our greatest heros, Lady Amaterasu."
     Soshuri was confused.  "B-b-but my Daimyo, Lady Amaterasu was reported to have been raised as Undead..."

A soft voice from behind him crooned, "Reports have known to be wrong, little man."  Soshuri swiveled suddenly in his chair, and looked into the unmistakable eyes of Amaterasu herself, clad in a conservatively cut priestess robe.  He attempted to stutter out a question, but she interupted him before he could get the words past his tongue.
   "The reason I stand before you, little man, is because I sent one of my doubles out instead, a double, I must say, took many years of training to get to my esteemed rank.  An investment, if you will.  An investment that you foolishly squandered."  Her eyes burned into his, and he turned his view to the carpet, trying to avoid her piercing gaze.  the sound of a throat clearing behind him game him the opportunity to turn his back on the esteemed High Priestess.  The chair behind the desk was turned around, and sitting in it was a boy no older then 18.
    The boy spoke. "Your failure in this endevour has dishonoured not only you, but your family as well.  Since you were too much of a coward to take your own life, and instead send me a detailed lie attempting to cover for your shame, you will leave this place, and go immediately to Yokohama spaceport.  There you will meet your wife, father, and 2 sons, and you will all be taken from there to our processing base on Mars.  No one will aknowlege your existance from this moment on, nor theres.  perhaps your shame will be lifted when you sacrifice your life in service to the Corporation.  Now leave, Sohuri, and may this be the last time you hear your name."

The sudden shock of all this was too much to bear.  "Dismissed.", The boy said.
Soshuri stood up, cleared his throat, and immediately fainted.

He woke up some time later, the exact amount, he could not say.  the slick grey walls of a transport ship greeted him, along with the eyes of his wife, who wore a simple grey mask over her entire head, as he focused on her, she averted her eyes, and went to the wall of the cargo container, and began weeping softly.  He looked down on himself, and saw the rough brown robes that were so ignored, yet so feared by all Mishimans.  He had become lower then the lowest criminal, more base then the obnoxious Capitolians, and almost more reviled that the hordes of the Dark Legion.  He had become that which was worse then death itself.  That which only the cleansing fire of a redemtion harness could erase.

Faceless.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 11:03:40 AM by masherking »

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 09:49:19 AM »
DEAD SNAKE WALKING  battle report:

Town square, venus:

The  Baroness kneeling before the choping block, waiting for the excutioners axe to fall.  In the crowd, behind the reporters and onlookers, stood 7 men in long trenchcoats. 
             "This is Alpha team, target is in sight were moving in." 
        The coats fall to ground, the 7 men reveiling themselves to be cartel police force. Just as they were about to move onto the stage to take the Baroness the Excutioner drops to the ground in front of them. The obvious victim of a bullet to the head.
            "Who F*@%!! fired that shot"
                       "  None of us sir!!! "
                                         "Look to the sky." 
            The Cartel team leader looked up to the sky.
                   he heard them before he saw them.
               " COBRRRRRRAAAAAAAA!!!"
         Touching down around the Baroness .no less then 8 Aero Vipers.
                     " damn snakes!!!"
at that moment the crowd panics. To the cartel's right side he can see Bauhaus Wolfheads working their way down the street responding to the crazed crowd.
                   "This is team leader!!!  Situation is RED HOT repeat RED HOT !!!!"
                            " Its going to hit fan folks and were right in the middle!"

********************************************************************************             
            JIbba, scott and me (iron panda couldnt make it) played Dead Snake Walking. The fight was short and bloody like I thought it would be. I had Cartel police and Imperial doom troopers (infiltrate them right to the baroness) and 1 squad of peace keepers and 1 squad of agents.
           Jibba had 2 squads of banshees (aero vipers) some dogs squad (evil dog squad) and a charater that gave him unholy initiative.
            scott had wolfheads (with 2 rocket launchers my I add)  2 squads of dragoons???( I think) and GT off road.
            Jibba and I was familar with this scenerio so our forces were geared to grab the baroness and run.
           scott had a more traditional line up ( though I didnt think he would bring a gt off road  :o).

By turn 1 one Cartel cop squad, Imperial doom trooper, 2 squads of banshees, squad of dogs and host of civlians were in the center of table surrounding the baroness. since noone is allowed to shot anyone on turn one. (scenerio rule) only some minior HTH, Bauhaus slowly marches up the table.
                 by turn 2   The cops hold ground and shot up a bunch of of Aero Vipers, jibba jumps out with the baroness 
         bauhaus shot some rockets. gt offroad starts an fight with agents in my side of the table.
   Combined fire power of cartel and bauhaus kills the squad with the baroness, droping her on jibba's side of the table. the 2nd squad of Aero vipers jump out to pick her up. Combined Bauhaus and Cartel firepower drops the 2nd
Air viper squad to 2 men (one is still holding the baroness). They pass their moral.
                     Turn 3 Jibba last Aero vipers jump off with the baroness.
                               the rest of jibbas army is killed off (except his charater that lives), Bauhaus and cartel square off for 2 more turns with the target gone and Bauhaus overwhelming firepower, Cartel beat feet.

A fun quick game.
Some quick highlands

all of turn 2...a sweet sweet blood bath   
scott out frustation shoots a civilan so he can get a better line of sight on Jibbas dog  handler.

To bad Iron Panda couldnt make it. His dark legion would've up the chaos level :)

The outcome:
     Jibba wins so he gets his wish. COBRA is now (fluff wise) free to be its own power.
 **************************************************************************************

Next Battle
             ESCAPE FROM COBRA ISLAND
                               Agent nick micheals and fellow prisoners make their move.       
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 10:48:21 AM by masherking »

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 07:07:46 PM »
BATTLE REPORT:

Scenerio: THEY CAME FROM THE DARKEST NIGHT

they broken though into base.
screams of the dead and dying have been going on for the past hour.
It would only be short while before they found my squad... hiding in the old bunker.

you know what they say when you speak of the devil....

...6 of us in old bunker. We sealed the door as best we could...for all the good it did us.
                  The screaming stop
                  There was dead silence.
        It was then I knew our time was up...I just simply knew.
                   They found us....god above they found us.

Bunker door crumpled like tinfoil. All of us fire into the darkness till our rifles barrels were red hot and guns went click. It was then the foul best came. 2 heads higher then a man and twice as wide; its insane huge gun held at the ready.... When it enter the room it was as if time slowed and I was able to capture every detail. First to die was Max fumbling for his spare ammo the beast open up. Hundreds of Teflon tip rounds tearing apart poor Max, limbs fell away as he crumpled were he stood. Next was Jorge, Staring at death in the face he gave a defiant yell and charged. The beast stop him cold, Stabbing him with its weapons bayonet Jorge hung there like a morbid ornament. Swinging its weapon to Hans, it fired. Jorge and Hans where turned to fine red mist. It then turned to Virgo and Markus and did the same to them.
          Even before the last shell hit the ground it turned its evil yellow eyes to my direction. It was then the last treads of my sanity left me and cold madness took its place. The creature saw..no knew.. the horrible scars it left on my mind and soul.
Knowing death would be a blessing it left me to my dementia.
            The Praetorian Stalker turned and went back into the darkness.

...it was a day later when Bauhaus recovery force found my in the corner, holding myself tight, surrounded by the rotting remains of my fellow solider's.
       They ask me what happen, over and over again.
        I gave them same answer every time...
                 ..."they came...they came from the darkest night..."

Iron Panda(Bauhaus) and I (dark legion) played "THEY CAME FROM THE DARKEST NIGHT" with slight change. We played with equal point vaules (1000pts)....MAN what a great game we had. The battle see sawed back in forth. The first half of the game I thought he had me. With night vision rangers and other grunts with tracer rounds he came prepared for a night fight. By the time my forces reach the base he gone and killed half my army. As I prepared for the assualt a squad of P. stalkers para deloyed right into the base. after 3 turns only one was alive ( but they did do their fair share of damage) the last one rush the main base buliding to take on the rangers on the roof. By this time the only thing left was my Behemoth, the stalker and a few undead. to make a long story short johns army was really untouched untill the Behemoth went bug nuts and simiply started killing everything and taking a lot of incoming fire. Using  the detraction the stalker attack the main building and in the process of a few turns end up killing the 2 squads in it ( now down to one wound).  
The Behemoth finally fell to Bauhaus endless rifle fire leaving only 3 Bauhaus squads on the table. At that point the Stalker using the heavy cover of the buliding (and only one wound left) killed off one squad on the ground to the man. Destoryed the other squad that tried to take back the main building and in last turn fired into the last squad hiding in a bunker for cover (it was broken and kept failing to rally) with only one guy left it roll moral again. He rolled a 20  :o
the last Bauhaus man left on the table became Unhindged!!!

Dark Legion wins with only one wound stalker left on the table.
Man it was great.
The Battle isnt over
till the LAST Stalker sings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS IS IRON PANADA'S GREAT REPORT ON THE SAME BATTLE

The Last Stand

Venusian Ranger Harold Kreichmann deftly loaded his rifle and shot a burst at the incoming horde of Dark Legion.  In the distance, he spotted the looming features of a Praetorian Behemoth, shaking its mighty bladed azoghar.  In his comm unit,he can hear the excited, almost panic-stricken voices of the 82nd Dragoons as the Behemoth strode the battlefield.  Kreichmann holds no fear for these abominations, to him the Dark Legion are an object of hate not fear or awe.  He took aim at an onrushing necromutant, and fired.  He cracked a grim smile as his target fell from his well-placed shot.  All over the compound, Sagielli Dragoons fired withering fusillades into the enemy, cutting them up like so much rotten meat. “These abominations will be stopped, right here, right now.”, Kreichmann, thought as he emptied his clip into the hulking form of Razide.

He was angry, damn angry.  All he wanted was an uneventful posting at some backwater, ready to serve out his remaining three days of his service unhurt and unharmed.  But instead, he was posted in this isolated frontline hellhole.  Dragoon Sergeant Ira Hayes could never guess why Bauhaus High Command wanted to exert their influence into this sector.  It has no strategic value, no resources, nothing.  His bitter reverie was shaken as, out of nowhere, menacing shapes dropped out of the sky and landed within their own fortifications.  The Praetorian Stalker emerged from the crater it had created, and glared malignantly at the troopers, its huge cannon swiveled towards them. Hayes knew they were dead, but an inner madness took over him.  Abandoning all reason, he charged at the monstrosity, and landed  blow after furious blow at the intruder. Staggering and bloodied, the stalker lurched back , gained its ground and snarled in its own dark tounge.  Taken aback, Hayes was about to leap at the Stalker but the last thing he ever saw was the lurid fire of his enemy’s cannon.

“Get me another clip!” Private Koch yelled, as he groped clumsily at the offered ammo.  “Sure, keep your pants on!” yelled back Private Vreeland.  Koch and Vreeland have been comrade in arms for a good part of three years, initially meeting each other at indoc and both serving in the Gravesend Archipelago Campaign.  A horrific crash of metal thundered in the distance as it mixed with an unholy howl of the behemoth.  Excited cursing rang around the bunker as all of them ran outside to see the commotion.  The middle fortification was crumpled as men from “D” Squad scattered, some held their ground shooting at the hideous, gigantic form of the Behemoth towering over the ruined bunker.  Its giant blade scything into the midst of the Dragoons, decimating what’s left of “D” Squad.  As the Behemoth plowed further into the compound, it knocked over a trooper, grabbed his prone form and sent him screaming into the command tower. Koch and Vreeland, along with their unit, laid a withering fire into the Behemoth’s massive form, most ricocheting off its huge armored body.  Some rounds, however, penetrated and created numerous bloody craters into its mutated, necrotized flesh.  Round after round, clip after clip, was poured into the Behemoth and finally, after countless barrage of fire, the behemoth lurched violently and fell onto the ground. Its dying howls reducing to gasps.  

Cheers erupted from the men knowing that the battle was won.
As they regrouped, the command tower exploded with heavy caliber fire.  Dragoon Sergeant  Jabari spotted a bloody form of a Praetorian Stalker, now taking cover in the building.  “Alright men!”, “Time to flush out the vermin!”  Koch and Vreeland provided covering fire as their unit advanced onto the building.  But the Stalker’s reflexes was fast as it laid a withering fire into the incoming Bauhaus troops.  Sergeant Jabari along with several of his squad, were cut down.  Koch and Vreeland, now remaining, were grim.  They have taken an oath as soldiers of House Sagielli to destroy evil such as these and never falter in that credo. They looked at each other, knowing they will never live another day and charged.

The Praetorian Stalker’s head was neatly separated from its body. Venusian Ranger Al-Tariq sheathed his combat knife and scanned what’s left of the outpost.  Dead Necromutants littered the perimeter as well as smoking bodies of the Razides.  The behemoth lies dead , its wracked body peppered by deadly Bauhaus fire.   Two stalkers also lay dead within the compound except for one.  Stealthily, Al-Tariq’s squad managed to enter the secure the lower parts of the building.  As they reached towards the tower, He saw movement ahead of the corridor into the control room ahead.  Slowly, they entered the room, A stalker rushed by knocking down one of his men, they opened fire into the intruder but they were too slow.  A hail of fire ripped into them, blasting them into oblivion.

Writings on a bunker wall.  It’s still there, looking for me.  Heinrich, Mannfred, Taka, all gone and I’m all alone.  I can’t leave,  It’s still there..  The horror…. The horror….
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:10:25 AM by masherking »

Offline mchiao

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 07:30:11 PM »
Iron Panda,

I'm recalculating your force that you played today and I dont think you have 1000pt
250 = Heartguard - 6/1/1
176 = Warhounds - 8
075 = Hunter - 1
080 = Wyrd - 1
278 = Blade Maden 5/1
-----------------------------

I know you bought spell for the Wyrd but you still short.  Unless I left something out?

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006, 01:32:06 PM »
Dear readers after 20 pages I figure it has become time for a re-cap.

On Titan...
The battle on Titan has come to a close. The crashed Mishima battleship "Yoritomo" was used as a Cobra base who where kickout by Bauhaus who in turn where defeated by Dark Legion who defended it against  Mishima's attempt to take it .  Dark legion claims the ship and has renamed it the "AZOGHAR". Freed from it's icy tome it is last seen traveling to points unknow.
Aboard the ship and unknown to the Dark Legion is a small force of Mishima led by Ninja's who snuck aboard at the last battle. Last seen they have down loaded a powerful A.I. into the ships computer core and are now trying to find their way off the ship and back home.

On Venus....

The manhunt for Agent Nick Micheals goes on. Nick believes himself to be captiol prisoner. What nick doesnt know he's part of Cobra ruse.  He is really on Corbra island on Venus. Him along wtih other cartel agents are being interrogated by a Brotherhood inquisitor Brother Coins.
This begs to question. Why is The Brotherhood and Cobra "sharing the same bed" in the interrogation of the cartel agents?
 And why Bother to set up the ruse in the first place? what do they hope to gain in the prisoners believing they are being are being held by Captiol?

On the Martian moon Phobos...

The Bleeding Prophet is pleased at the string of victories and what a boon, the Battleship  "Yoritomo"... no correction the battleship "AZOGHAR" such firepower in the hands of the Dark Legions brings mankind closer to their doom MUHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
Now only a few loose ends need to be taken care of...yes only a few...should be no trouble at all.....
Preview of the many things to come.

Dark Eden, Trading post.

Welcome to BARTER TOWN all are welcome here from Brotherhood to Cyertronic, as long as you got Crowns to pay your way.
  So pull up a seat, have a cold one...(thats 2 crowns)...and enjoy the lastest of BARTER TOWN entrainment...THE TERRORDOME!!!!!!
                                                         .....(thats 10 crowns for front row seats)

On Ganymede ....The estate of Thomas Bartholomew.

" Sir was it wise to promise the hand of your daughter to that...that Wolfpack cheiftain Robert?"

"Dont be foolish, I told him he had do job for me before he can wed Julie. He will fail and die. I've seen to that. Julie will put him behind her, after much tears of course and marry Chester Murdoch like I planned all along." 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 05:39:54 PM by masherking »