Author Topic: Food for Christmas  (Read 6136 times)

Offline Jase

Food for Christmas
« on: December 26, 2007, 02:16:32 PM »
So what did you all have?

It was a small gathering at my place and being summer I really do not do the full turkey roast. What I made up for my guests for the lunch was a baked shoulder ham glazed with honey and studded with cloves, seasoned chicken drumsticks with a dijon mustard sauce, tomato and spanish onion salad, potato salad, mixed green salad.

For nibbles was the standard chistmas lollies, mixed nuts, shortbread, dip, cheese and biscuits. Fruit salad and fruit pudding for afters.

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Food for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 02:20:08 PM »
Too much.  For Chanukah, too much, for Christmas, too much, and if I ever celebrate Kwanza or Festivus, I'll eat too much at those occasions. 

Are you in Australia Jase?  I peeked at your profile and saw the "au".
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 08:07:45 PM »
More than I should have, less that I usually eat (trying to drop some pounds, er kilos);
Turkey, mashed potatoes, corn bread dressing, corn on the cob, a roll and some cake & pumpkin pie.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 08:13:33 PM »
Roast beef, mashed potatoes, corn, pumpkin pie, and cake. Diet started back up today.  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Jase

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 10:19:46 PM »
Too much.  For Chanukah, too much, for Christmas, too much, and if I ever celebrate Kwanza or Festivus, I'll eat too much at those occasions. 

Are you in Australia Jase?  I peeked at your profile and saw the "au".

Australian born and residing.

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 05:42:19 PM »
All kinds of good stuff. Christmas day we were snacking pretty much all afternoon. Good cheeses, crackers, veggies, dips etc. Dinner was a ham with all the trimmings. A good scotch was on order for dessert...
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 10:30:20 AM »

hot fat with meat and souces!
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Wedge

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 03:15:13 PM »
FONDU!!!   :o  ;D