Author Topic: Dark Legion Forward Observers for Fire Missions  (Read 13181 times)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: Dark Legion Forward Observers for Fire Missions
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 05:40:57 AM »
Just remember under UWZ rules you need to have 6 squads, 3 general officers, and a force commander to call in fire missions.

This I knew ;)

Like you it was the " it most come from one list thing" I had questions on
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 05:43:26 AM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 06:34:42 AM »
We should do a high point game one of these weeks, just to see how effective the fire missions are.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 06:41:12 AM »
Demigonis fire mission is half kool/ half suck.

Those that it kills become ATS 14 markers and can with the right spell raise them as blight commandos.
But there is no spell "raise blight commandos" :'(

I have yet to see a fire mission used. 
Its such a tease, all that sweet template attacks but so hard to pull off.

We should do a high point game one of these weeks, just to see how effective the fire missions are.

Yeah we should do big game sometime.
2000 pt mad max army  all those bikes, trucks (necromowers), berserkers.......drool
2000 pt Son of Demigonis amry -so many blessed legioners, so many voices... drool
2000 pt cartel 1000pts of agents plus 1000pts pf peacekeepers oh the sweet pain, the  sweet, sweet pain....drool
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 11:32:06 AM by masherking »

Iron Panda

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 07:04:56 AM »
I have yet to see a fire mission used. 
Its such a tease, all that sweet template attacks but so hard to pull off.

Sort of like Hail of Arrows in Chronopia.  A lot of stages to go to  but when it goes off,  it's just plain awesome.  Come to think of it,  I managed to pull this off maybe 40% of the time I've used it.  Not so reliable as compared to using good ol' direct fire weapons.

Still,  In a 2000 point multiplayer game with 3 or 4 force commanders from each faction running around, pulling a fire mission successfully (Doesn't matter which side)  can be fun and chaotic.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 11:12:13 AM »
Yeah we should to big game sometime.
2000 pt mad max army  all those bikes, trucks (necromowers), berserkers.......drool
2000 pt Son of Demigonis amry -so many blessed legioners, so many voices... drool
2000 pt cartel 1000pts of agents plus 1000pts pf peacekeepers oh the sweet pain, the  sweet, sweet pain....drool

Whacha gonna do, when the Capitol Fire Mission comes down on you!?!?
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 02:22:18 PM »
Thom weighed in on that one a while back.  It screwed some of my army lists up to.

it boils down to Horde/Cult and the Apostles being two seperate armies that have to fulfill their own seperate buying criteria.  Horde/Cult grunts can only buy Horde/Cult Elites or support options, they can't mix and match one Horde Grunt and one Apostle Grunt to get a support option.  This applies to Fire Missions as well.  The armies only share the table, everything else is seperate.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 06:04:21 PM »
wow that seems a little screwy
but if that what he said thats what it is.

thanks Joe for clearing that up.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 06:36:24 PM by masherking »

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 07:30:53 PM »
wow that seems a little screwy
but if that what he said thats what it is.

thanks Joe for clearing that up.

I agree that its screwy. I have never agreed with that ruling  :(
There was a thread on it a while ago and the most convincing argument was" Because Thom said so"

Ill go by it so as to not start up the rather heated thread again.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2006, 01:20:24 AM »
is it really of ANY imprtance wether an (ex) official says something??

if you really field such a big army (and it seem to be very big, compared to your normal army size)
why should anyone not use a fire mission?
Six squats & more is really a lot, and if your opponent gets the same for the same amount of squats..??

Also, I think the army breakdown of dark legion is rather harsh, and way too extrem!
at least 6 (7) different dark legion armys?? come on!
"Don“t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2006, 03:29:44 AM »
How is this harsh Capital has 3, Bauhaus has 5, Imperial has 5, Mishiman has 4, Cybertronic has 2, and brotherhood has 3.  Dark Legion Being the only true evil force needs to have different factions to make it interesting and to have the same diversity as the other armies.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2006, 03:36:18 AM »
Devil's advocate: there has to be some sort of final authority on the rules.  Once we start changing things or allowing multiple interpretations then we become Starfleet Battles with noone able to agree on what they hell they are playing.  Then the dogs and cats start living together.

That said, there are some core rules I disagree with (one support per two grunt squads?-it is more realistic that the support would be for the elite squads-I think it should be one support per two squads of any type but that's just me and it's not open to interpretation) and this particular rule is unclear.  I think we should prepare some sort of official house rules thread, gather everyone's opinion so that we are on the same sheet of music, carefully weigh the pros and cons of each position, then let PFC Joe decide for us (seriously I would vote for him as the final arbitrator).
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2006, 04:09:27 AM »
The reality of an "unofficial" but nevertheless group based rule-tweak-errata would be great!

of course, if it would be too far reaching, it would be difficults to do a find people agreeing.

therefore, what about a simple list, so everyone can pick. you have a set of house rule picks out of a limited collection.

something like

- 1 supp / 2 squats

- dark legion mix grunts to acess fire missions

- vulcans with HMG   :P

- impenetrability = weapons immunity if dam <13  (exept AV)

choose what you like in your group, but out of a list, wich is somehow reasonable and limited
"Don“t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2006, 05:01:04 AM »
Devil's advocate: there has to be some sort of final authority on the rules.  Once we start changing things or allowing multiple interpretations then we become Starfleet Battles with noone able to agree on what they hell they are playing.  Then the dogs and cats start living together.

I agree with this 100%

I play with the rules as they stand (plus all the offical rulings by EE)
I might not agree with everything but rules are damn good as they are and its something we all can agree too.
For me theres no need to re-invent wheel.

But hey if folks use house rules thats fine too.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 07:11:19 AM by masherking »

Iron Panda

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2006, 06:37:33 AM »
Thom weighed in on that one a while back.  It screwed some of my army lists up to.

it boils down to Horde/Cult and the Apostles being two seperate armies that have to fulfill their own seperate buying criteria.  Horde/Cult grunts can only buy Horde/Cult Elites or support options, they can't mix and match one Horde Grunt and one Apostle Grunt to get a support option.  This applies to Fire Missions as well.  The armies only share the table, everything else is seperate.

All things being equal, A DL force can still have flexibility as they can have both Cult/Horde and Apostles units in an army. So if its mixed, a 1000 pt combo DL army would be something like this:

1. 2 Horde/Cult Grunt unit

2. 2 Horde/Cult Elite unit

3.  And/or 1 individual

4. And/or 1 Support

And

Apostle Force

1. 2 Grunt unit

2. 2 Elite

3. And/or 1 Individual

4. And/or 1 support

It's a lot of units in a 1000 pts.  but as long as each Horde/Cult and Apostle meet each separate buying criteria for each of their respective force compositions, and points permitting, it's okay to field.

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2006, 10:32:49 AM »
I play with the rules as they stand (plus all the offical rulings by EE)
I might not agree with everything but rules are damn good as they are and its something we all can agree too.
For me theres no need to re-invent wheel.

This is the way to go.  Everyone has some issues with rules here and there.  I don't even like all the rules and sometimes I haven't like some of the rules that I've made rulings on and had to support.  But, these are the rules of the game and together, they make a pretty good game system.  If we start tweaking here and there then we are just asking for trouble.  Often a new "house rule" looks good on the surface but people fail to look deep enough into it at how it affects other areas of the game.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.