Author Topic: Corp Loadouts  (Read 6326 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Corp Loadouts
« on: July 22, 2006, 09:56:37 AM »
I was told at DexCon that any group could use these be it DL, Corp., Brotherhood, and Tribes of earth but I also noticed this question was asked before under gereral decussion and it was stated that DL, TOE, and BH could not use these. So can we get the offical answer and have it FAQ's.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
Re: Corp Loadouts
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 10:23:25 AM »
I don't know, and don't want to know who told you that anyone could use the "corp loadouts" but unless it came from Thom, I need to disagree.  This does need to be in the FAQ but do to the lack of structure around here, I don't see that happening. 

The FAQ team did discuss this some time ago and determined that "corp loudouts" are only available to corporations.  Other armies have there own perks beit Art, Dark Semetry, Necrobiotic Enhancements, tatoos, etc.  Yes, that means that some can double up like Cybertronic for example.  But that is just there bonus then
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 10:03:11 PM »
I tend to agree with Stalker.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 07:00:57 AM »
Can I give Corp Loadouts such as Night Vision to the GT Offroad Gunner?

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 08:49:08 AM »
no.

The GT Offroad Gunner is a Support Trooper not a Grunt Trooper.

And as far as I recall, Stalker is right.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline chribu

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 09:04:07 AM »
Thanks!
(it'd have to be Elite Trooper though, i think)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 10:22:05 AM »
Thanks!
(it'd have to be Elite Trooper though, i think)

Correct- which is what makes some units really deadly. (ie: Vulkan, Victor, Rangers)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline chribu

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 11:05:40 AM »
yes, uhm, my friends just made a house-rule for the future...
vulkans and viktors will be vehicles, thus support... this way i can't put gt and vulkans in the same 500pt army. I'm convinced this will make vulkans even stronger though. (abeit no night vision)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 11:32:23 AM »
yes, uhm, my friends just made a house-rule for the future...
vulkans and viktors will be vehicles, thus support... this way i can't put gt and vulkans in the same 500pt army. I'm convinced this will make vulkans even stronger though. (abeit no night vision)

Naah...  It actually prevents the Vulkan Army of Lead-throwing.

Even McGee thinks they are too cheap/ too abusible now....
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 08:00:27 PM »
-cough-  we just downgraded the Vulkans to regular HMG's instead of MHMG's.  solves a lot of balancing issues.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 04:45:49 PM »
I still say that the main reason that so many people have  a big problem with Vulkans is that they do not play the game in the spirit that it was intended - lots of terrain, and environmental rules.  If Vulkans do not have to worry about jamming their weapons and have clear lines of fire, then, of course, they are going to lay waste to whatever they encounter.  I have played several armies that made use of terrain and have won against my Vulkans.  I have played on boards (Level 3 or 4 Desert) where the amount of dice that the Vulkans roll forced me to jame so frequently as to make the Vulkans virtually ineffectual.

That said, I still think that are about 3 - 5 PC undercosted, but, I have not seen the rubric.

I still play Vulkans (though I do not play more than one squad per 750 PC), and I play Viktors, as well.  I win roughly half the time I play, and I am happy with that, because I play for the fun of the competition.  Set up boards like the game says you should - heavy terrain, and use environmental rules - seriously.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 04:51:55 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline chribu

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 02:42:35 PM »
by the way, what are the jamming rules? i couldn't find them on the manual... how do you unjam a weapon?

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 11:28:24 AM »
The way that we have played (in-house and in tourneys) is that the model must spend an AC to unjam (we use markers to represent a jam).  This carries over into the next turn; i.e.: if a model jams on its final AC of the activation, if it wishes to fire the weapon next activation, it must spand an AC in the next activation to do so.  Vehicles are included.  If a vehicle has a gunner, the gunner must spend the AC.  If it is single-crewed, the pilot must spend the AC.  I forget if the pilot loses its MV AC for that AC.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 11:34:41 AM by dmcgee1 »

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 11:30:09 AM »
-cough-  we just downgraded the Vulkans to regular HMG's instead of MHMG's.  solves a lot of balancing issues.

-PFC joe

Dude - get something for that cough, seriously. ;)

Anyway, that does is cut their range and cut their number of shots at MR and SR (too much of a "balancing", IMHO).  But, that makes them more[/b] effective in PB range by adding a shot!

I will start a new thread on this.  I know that it has been discussed, before, but, apparently, there are still some issues that need hashing out.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 11:32:52 AM by dmcgee1 »