Author Topic: Origins 2006 Wrap-up  (Read 4928 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Origins 2006 Wrap-up
« on: July 04, 2006, 10:32:41 AM »
Got back from Origins yesterday afternoon and wanted to take a minute to give an update.

First – Thanks to the crew. We ran 15 events and after a slow start on Thursday the events all went off. Glenn (Stalker), John (the One King), Dennis (Coldthunder D), and Jason (Southpaw) worked hard and deserve a major pat on the back. In addition we had several others who helped out (Andy, Barry, and others whose names escape me). Thanks to all of you

Second – It was good to see several of the gang from previous Origins and to meet some of the guys for the first time. Jim “Ratboy” Williamson, Kurt Zdanio, Glen Getenya, and Mortificator Tim stopped by. I also ran into Tim “Madnos” Wright and finally got to meet Chris “Horned God” Hadjison. Some of them stayed to play but it was good to see you all. Hopefully you will all give us some of your con time next year. Several attendees not only played in one of our events but returned for multiple events.

Lastly – We have already begun to make preliminary plans to do this again next year. As we all know Warzone and Chronopia are excellent games and I do not think the fact that the game is currently OOP will keep us from filling the seats. Hopefully I am not alone in that assessment. I suggest that you all start saving now so that you can attend and participate in our events next year.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Origins 2006 Wrap-up
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 04:37:56 AM »
Well done.  Have not heard some of those names in a while.  I hope they show up around here and visit.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!