Author Topic: DexCon 9  (Read 23854 times)

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
Re: DexCon 9
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 10:47:46 AM »

Hmmm....

Sounds like a possibility.  I have a game Thursday Night and Friday Afternoon (2pm) I am running.  If you can make the Friday game, I'd be happy.  "Bolters and Claws: The Last Stand of the 9th Marines"; its a UWZ game using figures converted for use in Warzone.  So far in tests, the Converted forces have taken a pounding but have dished a bit out too in testing against two talented opponents.

I need a third for a solid baseline of expected results for them.  You game? (I know Phil is...)

As for tourney,  Here is hoping we get a kick-ass showing of folks

If I can make it there by 2 Im game.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2006, 06:40:34 AM »
I'll be there Thurs thru Sat not on sunday. 
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 05:49:01 AM »
Ok!!

At this time, the Tourney is 1k points and 3 Games.  Proxy figures are welcome for specific models not released.

I will have one Loaner force available (Bauhaus Sagielli/Bernheim).

Any Terrain that can be begged/borrowed for use will be highly appreciated and I will endeavor to keep loaned terrain together for each of trackablilty.

Terrained Tables known for this event at this time-
  * Bunkers/Trenchworks courtesy of Veez
  * Jungle courtesy of Veez
  * Jungle Swamp courtesy of Me (*I need to find my swamp mat)
  * Ruined City courtesy of Double Exposure
  * Forest with GW Firebase courtesy of DE and Me

Based on known possible players, I will need to come up with two more tables (The woman hanging with me @ last dex is looking to trying the tourney with one of my forces- either the 1st Marines or Bronson's Rifles)

John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 07:05:58 AM »
John I can bring some scenery. I have 32 tree bases, a river, large trench system wth weapon pits and bunker, tree stumps, mushroom pods and stumps, a forest green felt mat 5' by 5' and a grass green mat 4' by 6', a bridge and some hills. I also have lots of extra minis for just about all armies if someone needs to borrow some for the tourney.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 07:42:03 AM »
John I can bring some scenery. I have 32 tree bases, a river, large trench system wth weapon pits and bunker, tree stumps, mushroom pods and stumps, a forest green felt mat 5' by 5' and a grass green mat 4' by 6', a bridge and some hills. I also have lots of extra minis for just about all armies if someone needs to borrow some for the tourney.

Heehee...

Somehow, I knew I could count on some help from you Phil. :D  I'll throw you an email with a request for some loaner forces I have in mind.

The River w/bridge sounds like a good idea for a battlefield- classic Take and hold... Nice!  I'm looking @ having 4x4 game areas again- if there is a request for bigger, I think we can do it.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2006, 07:57:35 AM »
I have some terrain that I can bring as well. some trees and cardboard buildings<small> , a felt river some foam mountains and things like that. Fell free to use it to beef up or build anything you need. Ill be bringing some extra figs as well. I have a few Bauhaus, DL, Cyber and even Brotherhood.
I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Philly
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 08:46:02 AM »
I have some terrain that I can bring as well. some trees and cardboard buildings<small> , a felt river some foam mountains and things like that. Fell free to use it to beef up or build anything you need. Ill be bringing some extra figs as well. I have a few Bauhaus, DL, Cyber and even Brotherhood.
I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Philly

Hmmm....

Sounds like we can build a mini river valley/crossing out of those hills and stuff.  Very nice!  Thanks Philly!!
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2006, 04:10:22 AM »
I, too, will be there...I don't know if that strikes fear, or not.

Who's got crash space?  I will commute, but if I don't have to, that would be great.

John, I will bring terrain.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Ruther

• Warzone Deutschland
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2006, 04:32:34 AM »
As i'm in the us atm i may drop in on thursday hope i find the tables to take  a look  ;)
He Who Laughs Last, Thinks Fastest

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2006, 08:15:45 AM »
If someone has any extra Dog minis lying around, I'll be sure to do the old K-9 Army of Death again. :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2006, 09:39:20 AM »
Hoe many do you need I have 2 squads ( 1 Handler + 3 Dogs ) each. Also do you know if Masherking is going to DexCon?

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2006, 10:09:45 AM »
If someone has any extra Dog minis lying around, I'll be sure to do the old K-9 Army of Death again. :)

dude- you really need to bring that army...  And remind Masherking that his MiB have an appointment with some shotguns as my Cartel is finally making its Tourney debut. ;)

I am looking forward to playing a bunch of games this show, beit UWZ or Chrono.

John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2006, 10:17:29 AM »
Well, as soon as I get out of work, I'll be stoppin' by Maplewood to see if they need help bringing stuff over, then I'm heading over.  3 days of solid UWZ (and Pirates and Mechwarrior when I have to run those)  doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2006, 10:36:37 AM »
Well, as soon as I get out of work, I'll be stoppin' by Maplewood to see if they need help bringing stuff over, then I'm heading over.  3 days of solid UWZ (and Pirates and Mechwarrior when I have to run those)  doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. :)

Nope.  It doesn't.

As it stands right now, my Warzone gaming starts 2pm Friday with "Last Stand..." and more or less ends at the conclusion of the Tourney on Saturday- unless someone wants to tangle with the Cartel or the conversion lists.

It will likely be the last bit of playing for me unless I come out for a Game night at Maplewood or time warp... or start something up with the conversion lists out at a store near where I am going to live.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2006, 10:38:48 AM »
Sounds like a plan.

I'd like to check out your Tau list, and see if my version could use a little tweaking.

(Did I send you my version? If I did, could you mind printing it out for we. That way we could compare notes and such.)