Author Topic: DexCon 9  (Read 23855 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
DexCon 9
« on: June 06, 2006, 07:26:05 AM »
DexCon 9  july 12th thru 16th in East  Brunswick, New Jersey www.dexposure.com   Just wondering who's going to attend?
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: DexCon 9
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 09:13:06 AM »
DexCon 9  july 12th thru 16th in East  Brunswick, New Jersey www.dexposure.com   Just wondering who's going to attend?

I am, as I am running the UWZ scenario, some of the Bring and Battles and the 1k tournament.

Incidentally, this one will be run in similar fashion to past events.  3 rounds, mission oriented, environmental rules.  10am start on Saturday
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 09:38:18 AM »
Archer do you know what happened to the EE boards are they sitting in someones garage?
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 11:05:04 AM »
Archer do you know what happened to the EE boards are they sitting in someones garage?

No I don't.  I wish I did, though.  I'd love to have them here...

As it is, if you can bring terrain, that would be great.  Matter of fact, everyone that plans on coming, please bring terrain.  If possible, I will try to keep folks stuff on their own tables for play- easier to keep track of.

Veez is sending me trenchlines and Bunkers so I have a WW1/Green Line board in mind for one field (Cardinal help anyone facing Mark Andrews on that board. 45 Light infantry a colonel and 2 flyers)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 11:36:36 AM »
You know i have a full trenchline with weapons pits and a command bunker. I also have 32 tree bases ( size GW flying base ), a full river set, bridge, 6' of walls, stumps and mushroom pods (from mercmini's nice), other misc stuff , some armorcast ruined walls no other buildings though.  Also have plenty of mini's if someone needs something they dont have or is'nt painted. Thanks Phil

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 03:14:52 PM »
Dexcon and the Megabash all in a space of 6 weeks and with in 3 weeks of Origins - that will take some financial planning
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 08:06:30 PM »
I agree with Top on this.  Too much too close together.  I think these events will steal people from each other.  I was considering the Megabash but I won't be able to muster the funds or time off after hosting Origins again this year.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 03:56:59 AM »
I agree with Top on this.  Too much too close together.  I think these events will steal people from each other.  I was considering the Megabash but I won't be able to muster the funds or time off after hosting Origins again this year.

Hmmm... good point.

How about September or October?
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 06:33:47 AM »
Is'nt sept/oct when Southern Exposure runs?  We could just make sure there's alot of warzone/chronopia events ant bring and battle's and then we would have the whole weekend.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Ludwig

• Journeyman
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 09:18:50 AM »
I'm also kind of curious as to what happened to the Excelsior boards, i spent a lot of time on that swamp table ...

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 09:29:24 AM »
I try not to think of the fate of all the cool terrain.  :(   If we are lucky someone in the Philly area has a Pirate's Cave of cool stuff scavanged from the fall
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 09:49:49 AM »
With 1 month to go what kind of head count are we going to have? I'll be there. Archer's running and playing in the event. Who else is a definite?

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 11:58:11 AM »
I am a Definite-Maybe. Depends on if my co descides to move that weekend. (yes, we still have not moved, nor do we have a proposed moving date... loads o fun!)

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2006, 09:39:41 AM »
Ill be there sometime Friday afternoon. If you are going to be there around that time and are looking for a game or two drop me a line and Ill be happy to oblige. I can use DL, Cyber or Capitol if you are looking for a specific battle.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 03:12:20 AM »
Ill be there sometime Friday afternoon. If you are going to be there around that time and are looking for a game or two drop me a line and Ill be happy to oblige. I can use DL, Cyber or Capitol if you are looking for a specific battle.

Hmmm....

Sounds like a possibility.  I have a game Thursday Night and Friday Afternoon (2pm) I am running.  If you can make the Friday game, I'd be happy.  "Bolters and Claws: The Last Stand of the 9th Marines"; its a UWZ game using figures converted for use in Warzone.  So far in tests, the Converted forces have taken a pounding but have dished a bit out too in testing against two talented opponents.

I need a third for a solid baseline of expected results for them.  You game? (I know Phil is...)

As for tourney,  Here is hoping we get a kick-ass showing of folks
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."