Author Topic: Excelsior iventory  (Read 3524 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Excelsior iventory
« on: June 03, 2006, 09:15:30 AM »
does anyone know what became of excelsiors inventory?
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
Re: Excelsior iventory
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 10:51:37 AM »
Nope.  My guess is that Thom now owns a lot of personal minis.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 03:40:04 AM »
I wonder how much inventory there even was (if I understood correctly) with the figure-making machine being down.  There may not have been anything left to sell.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 10:00:17 AM »
I wonder how much inventory there even was (if I understood correctly) with the figure-making machine being down.  There may not have been anything left to sell.

Ironicly enough...  what usually happens is specific figs are generally slow movers.  The last three times I was there, the most popular figs to be out of/having to be spun again were Cap Light Infantry, Heavy Infantry, Sealions, Bauhaus Dragoons, Mortant, Brotherhood Troopers and the various Zombies.  Chassuers and BHaus Rangers were relatively popular too.  Mishima dragon-riders were a pain to cast so they were always low.

The dino riders sold well too- but I think that was due to the gobs of IG players getting them for roughriders  (I admit- I considered it!!)

Individuals were always a hit and miss propsition, with Von Juntz, Wolf and Ameratsu being popular.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Comrade

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 10:50:51 AM »
No surprise there, people will usaully buy only singles of characs, and with many warzone players being vets and all they have the old versons of the models already.