Author Topic: NEW CONCEPT  (Read 9462 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: NEW CONCEPT
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 06:50:07 AM »
No problem Dave.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 01:27:48 PM »
No problem Dave.

Thanks, bud.  Again, I am sorry.  I didn't mean to offend anyone, and hate it when I do - especially a friend.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 02:56:23 PM »
wow, I just realize how different the usa is... at least here you got to be very careful/polite..

... i'am ending my feedback to this because i feel that i'am being talked down to now.....

this would follow after quite some arguing in a german forum... hardly after the comment there...

When my wording stirred up some disturbance, I was quite surprised..

Just wondering..

cu´s Aldrien

p.s.
I apologize for posting upon your misunderstanding   ;) :)
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 03:55:29 PM »
I am sure that cultures are different from the next, no matter where, in the world, you happen to be.  That said, Phil was polite enough to let me know that I had offended him.  Rather than flame me, he let me know in a civilzed, friendly way.  In doing so, he allowed me the opportunity to step back and re-read what I had posted.  In turn, I found where he was offended by how I had responded to his opinion.  I realized that he had a legitimate concern, to which, as a man, and as a friend, I had no choice but to apologize and to admit that I could've conducted myself with a bit more forethought.

Phil, being the man and the bud that he is, didn't hold it against me.  I refer to it as, "being a man."  That is not to say that anyone who handles similar situations is not a man of character.  It is simply how I refer to the situation.

... at least here you got to be very careful/polite..

You don't have to be polite, but it goes a long way towards convincing people of your point when you are polite about it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 03:58:51 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 04:40:12 PM »
wow, I just realize how different the usa is... at least here you got to be very careful/polite..

... i'am ending my feedback to this because i feel that i'am being talked down to now.....

this would follow after quite some arguing in a german forum... hardly after the comment there...

When my wording stirred up some disturbance, I was quite surprised..

Just wondering..

cu´s Aldrien

p.s.
I apologize for posting upon your misunderstanding   ;) :)

We have had more than our share of strife on various incarnations of these forums. I think that coupled with the fact that this is our last refuge makes everyone aware that conflict needs to be avoided. We don't always succeed but it seems to be working overall. Rather than let things escalate we are more up front and work harder to avoid problems than we used to be.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 12:09:38 AM »
I don't know Dave. You have to do the math and check if it is good or bad, like Aldrien has started to do.

I'll try to run some numbers in Excel and see how it performs against Aim and shooting with all Actions against various types of targets.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2006, 06:47:08 AM »
Cool, coil, though, by the feedback, I may have "opened my mouth" before fully thinking it through.  The concept might be sound, though the mechanics may not.