Author Topic: UWZ army builder files???  (Read 10313 times)

Offline WagesofSin

UWZ army builder files???
« on: September 25, 2005, 03:25:21 AM »
Can anyone please point me to the newest UWZ army builder files? I have one of the first ones to be completed, but it has many errors. Is there a new version available???

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: UWZ army builder files???
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 03:38:01 AM »
Well...

I have a copy but I have no way of getting it to you- I am currently not stateside. :)

However, jjdodger might have it.  If he does not, I trust him to blow by the house when Mrs Archer is home and pull them from the house machine.

John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 07:42:20 AM »
Well...

I have a copy but I have no way of getting it to you- I am currently not stateside. :)

However, jjdodger might have it.  If he does not, I trust him to blow by the house when Mrs Archer is home and pull them from the house machine.

Archer  good to hear from ya man. Hurry home . And I have a pretty recent UWZ AB file.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 08:48:01 AM »
Bryon, as what you have is probably as up to date as what i have, can you send the files to him?

thanks, Jeff

zebuleon

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 09:30:04 AM »
Are those files for AB2 or AB3?

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 09:55:39 AM »
Are those files for AB2 or AB3?

Its AB2 UWZ edition.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline WagesofSin

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 11:09:53 AM »
Great, jjdodger said he'll send them to me when he gets the chance.

Any thoughts on uploading the files to the EE website?

Thanks!

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 05:56:09 PM »
I have what should be the current edition UWZ files, plus I have also made corrections and modifications on some of them, where necessary, but the corrections are not yet complete.

Anyone interested can e-mail or PM and I will send you what I have.

They are for AB Version 2 and upwards. I do not know if they will load into AB 3 or not.

Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline Steel Rabbit

• On A Roll Games
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 06:37:39 PM »
Are there people working on files for AB3?

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005, 08:29:38 AM »
I don't specifically know of anyone working on them just now...but I may be willing to take that task on.
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline kwegibu

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 06:56:16 AM »
I always wondered why AB files have had the blind eye turned to them as far as copyright goes.....

Wonder if a web based sql/wo warzone army list creator would be met with the same salutary neglect :)

The idea being that no matter what computer I was at, what operating system I was using, I would never have to resort to productivity :) I've been tossing about the idea of making a stand alone app too (cross platform) which uses the same data structures (using mysql lite) as my web based one.

If I added a login system to it and made it public, people could edit/print/create/store army lists from any computer!*

Only have brotherhood entered in at the moment, and some of the cartel (since I use them as mercaneries). But it's just a simple spreadsheet (CSV file), so it's easy to add others.

ArmyBuilder never really did it for me. Something about selling your soul to devil or what not in order to run the OS it was written for.

*Internet access required, not anchient browser needed.

Offline WagesofSin

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005, 03:37:16 PM »
Kwegibu:

The reason why army builder isn't infringing on copyrights is because they aren't providing the game files, only the program to run them. However, a similar thing to what you're proposing has been done for Warhammer without a hitch and as far as I know GW is a total nut about copyrights. Take a look at www.thegreatuncleanone.com . Is that what you're talking about? If so, then yes, yes, yes please!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2005, 04:36:48 PM »
Currently, several of us are woking on a UWZ-specific army building program.  Once completed and tested, we will run it by Thom and then decide whether to offer it on disk or as a web-based program.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline kwegibu

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2005, 02:43:44 PM »
Well, mine is useable at the moment. I have the ground work for addons (load outs, spells, etc) and mercaneries but they are not entirely working at the moment (latest version has rudimentery support). Everything in the following screen shots (an older build) is working, except for that menu that says "The Dedicated" which allows you to filter the Units by the division they are in (hordes/cult/apostles/clans/houses/etc). Since it defualts to showing all units available in the formation ATM I never got around to implementing it. The print menu just outputs the units you purchased in a printable way.

Eventually I want to add the ability to print out what  you have to roll for each of the ranges too, but that would involve inputing weapon stats and isn't so important to me (im only adding the feature for my brother). Anyway, enough talk, let the screen shots speak for themselves (hosting it on a powerbook at the moment so posting a link would be silly)......

Offline kwegibu

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 02:49:06 PM »
Looks like i have abbilities/equipment mislabled to at the moment....hehe...it's still beta ;)