Author Topic: MC Movie set visit at AICN  (Read 8049 times)

Offline Alxbates

MC Movie set visit at AICN
« on: May 22, 2006, 04:25:42 AM »
One of the guys of er at Aint it Cool News just took a set visit at the Mutant Chronicles movie.

Here's a link:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23394

Sounds like the movie will be OK, although it also sounds like it's going to deviate a LOT from the MC RPG storyline.

I hate it when they do that - if a director wants to make a hardcore war movie between sci-fi soldiers and genetic mutants, then why call it Mutant Chronicles?  They could just call it "Cyborg War" or something, and make everyone happy...

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline ezekiel

Re: MC Movie set visit at AICN
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 10:31:17 PM »
that sounds promising! not for rpg mc'ers but for warzone! ww1 trenchlike warfare?!!!
OH YEAHH!!! YOU CANT TELL ME NO ONE ELSE IS EXCITED ABOUT THIS!?
games workshop: the ultimate evil megacorp!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 03:35:03 AM »
Uh, I liked Chronicles of Riddick.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 06:26:55 PM »
Thanx for the link.  That was an interesting little read.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 11:32:44 PM »

Offline ezekiel

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 03:35:26 PM »
as someone who has played the nintendo game,seige of the citadel and warzone (2nd) all i have to say is I CANT WAIT!)

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 08:41:02 PM »
One of the guys of er at Aint it Cool News just took a set visit at the Mutant Chronicles movie.

Here's a link:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23394

Sounds like the movie will be OK, although it also sounds like it's going to deviate a LOT from the MC RPG storyline.

I hate it when they do that - if a director wants to make a hardcore war movie between sci-fi soldiers and genetic mutants, then why call it Mutant Chronicles?  They could just call it "Cyborg War" or something, and make everyone happy...

-Alex

I agree completely. It's the storyline of the MC Universe that makes it what it is. Granted, there is too much information to put even into a long movie, so some things must be cut. But to radically alter the storyline, as they are apparently doing, does Mutant Chronicles a disservice of epic proportions, and taints the viewers who are unfamiliar with it.
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline BlackieX

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 10:54:32 PM »
Personally, I've never understood the point of having people make a movie of a licensed property when they're hostile toward the property itself.  The comment about "Don't worry about having the RPG geeks complaining, it's going to be completely different," (to paraphrase) just seems antagonistic toward the MC franchise itself.

Having people like that make the Mutant Chronicles movie makes about as much sense as asking me to write Star Wars or Star Trek stories, as I'm an ardent Star Whatever hater.

Bleh.

Offline ezekiel

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 07:00:08 PM »
the site has a bit(i mean a little bit) of new info on it. they seem to have changed the logos of our favorite big four corporations!(boo). actor photos and blog to come....