Author Topic: Wailing Banshees size/elevation?  (Read 4590 times)

Wailing Banshees size/elevation?
« on: May 08, 2006, 02:36:23 PM »
Hi,

I bought a bunch of Wailies recently, and now I'm wondering about their posture.

The models are hanging on those silly sticks under bottom of their feet. I was about to clip them off and glue the fellas on their bases, but..

Is their elevated position the correct altitude for Wailies, when drawing line of fire? Meaning that they could fire over walls that normal size 2 units could not. This would give them a clear advantage in certain situations, but then again, would made them harder to hide behind lower covers.

I always thought that Banshees have jump packs, so that they are mid-air only when moving.

How do you play with Wailing Banshees?

Thanks for any answers!

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
Re: Wailing Banshees size/elevation?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 05:24:36 PM »
clip them off.
that plume was a poor design choice.  The models for all intents and purposes don't leave the playin surface unless you're going up an elevation level.  The models start and end  their movement on the ground, the plume just makes no sense.

I modded my banshees to not have that plume.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 09:48:44 PM »
Ok, thanks. That's what I thought too.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 05:14:18 PM »
Plan on modifying mine. If the plumes belong anywhere they belong coming out of the packs
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 09:15:59 PM »
I let my painter handle such intricate decisions and he left them on.  So, it looks like I have a six pack of tall boys now!  ;D
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 02:07:22 PM »

I was actually also thinkin of glueing the plumes on the bottom of rocket packs! It would make the models fly a bit lower.

Although I just recently came across an idea to glue a piece of a clear coctail stick on either the pack or under the shoes.

By this they would look very nice and charging into action, and not making them too high.
Also the variations of different poses would be unlimited.