Author Topic: Pointless Whining  (Read 2586 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Pointless Whining
« on: April 25, 2006, 05:09:10 AM »
I figure since it's slow I'll kvetch over some things I have issues with 3rd Ed.

Playability-no complaints
Purchasing-I don't like what they did with the DL.  I realize that they were trying to spread out units that were heavily in favor of Algeroth but I think they went too far with some of the units (like the Razide should be a hoard unit rather than belong to the Duke of Madness).  I also think the cults should be able to team up with whomever they want (even though they all have Algeroth symbols on them-so does Karak the Keeper but do you hear Illian complaining-I think not!).
     Screaming Legionarres-you buy them in groups of four and one is the goofy flamer thing but you only get one per squad.  Don't tell me just to take a squad of four-that's a cop-out.
     Dark Huntsmen-they are an individual unit.  They were never sold in multiple packs and making them units goes against the fluff.
Purple Sharks-I think it is lousy that they were sold in groups of three but can only be bought individually (if I'm wrong you can call me on this one).
Accesories-I don't think the Etoiles Mortants come with a good enough selection of hand bags and shoes.  These ladies are Bauhaus and have class.  I gurantee they would be snappy dressers.

I realize that if I find a buddy who wants to play, all of these can be remedied with a handshake but I've always considered that a slippery slope of "well if we do that then all my Blood Berets have NIMROD AUTOCANNONS!"

Okay I'm done. 

Talk amongst yourselves.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline JohnL5555

Re: Pointless Whining
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 04:03:39 PM »
  I really like the look of the mechanics for 3rd. But I have a hearty dislike of how the army lists were twisted and turned sometimes tossing previous fluff by the side in doing so. I believe this had a lot mire to do with how the company was planning on structuring sales rather than being of any benefit for players. That is why I would like to see the points sytem for the game.

Thanks,

John