Author Topic: Cartel Doomtroopers  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Cartel Doomtroopers
« on: April 01, 2006, 05:10:56 AM »
Just a thought I personal feel that the Doomtroopers should be Elite squads with the Cartel being able to choose support units from the Corps support groups since  the Cartel is made up from members of all the Corps. This is my personal opinion what does everyone else think?
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Cartel Doomtroopers
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 03:47:56 AM »
I don't like how UWZ broke up the purchasing of units (but that his a whole other rant).  I also don't like how they made the Cartel troop w/out a HMG or LMG (unless I missed something blatantly obvious-always a possibility).

That said before when they could take whatever they wanted they were considered out of control.  I would say they can pick from grunt units and the Doomtroopers count as their elites. 
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Ruther

• Warzone Deutschland
Re: Cartel Doomtroopers
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 07:36:52 AM »
The problem on such rules is always the Gamebalance. Combining the best of each factions Grunts + the Doomtroopers and the superior Cartell Squads can throw the whole thing out of balance. Ofc it may work in freindly games but only if you play a non Powergaming style as else it will become frustrating for the opponents very fast.
He Who Laughs Last, Thinks Fastest