Author Topic: H: Horned Ones; W: Dark Tusks or others  (Read 11116 times)

Offline kman

• Journeyman
H: Horned Ones; W: Dark Tusks or others
« on: March 31, 2006, 05:05:37 PM »
I have a ton of Horned Ones and am looking to trade extras for some Dark Tusks to add some variety to my army.  I'm interested in any of the Dark Tusk units (Legion, Dark Stars or Dark Axes) and don't care if they're painted or not.

What I have:

21 Horned Ones Spearmen (3 boxed sets worth) all unpainted
7 Axehorns painted
7 Horned Ones Legionnaires all unpainted
3 Horned Raiders all unpainted

Alternatively, I'd consider other Chronopia or Warzone forces as well.  I just have too darn many Horned Ones!   :)

Offline Glenn M

Re: H: Horned Ones; W: Dark Tusks or others
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 08:02:02 PM »
Sent PM

Repulsar Knight

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 01:57:00 AM »
Kman let me know what other Chronopia figures you would be willing to trade for. I don't have very many of the Dark Tusks that you want, but I am interested in expanding my Horned Ones army.

Repulsar Knight

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 07:15:18 AM »
Hey Repulsar if you don't have much he wants, check my thread, perhaps we can arrange a three way trade, I have tons of Dark Tusks, but need a lot of other scattered stuff.

Later,
Glenn

Offline kman

• Journeyman
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 02:51:48 PM »
Repulsar,

I would definitely consider other Chronopia figures.  You noted that you had some Dark Tusks - would those possibly be part of the trade at all?  Otherwise, I'd be interested in:

Swamp Goblins (any, as long as it's variety of unit types)
SOKs (Aonbarr, Monarch, and new Hearthguard and Viridians)
Devout (Soulflayer, Abyss Crawler, Tormented or Damned)
Blackbloods (Goblin Swordmasters and Crimson Blades, Orc Caravan Guard)
Firstborn (Iron Guard)

I'd like to trade the entire lot of Horned Ones, at a one-to-one rate (not considering the big figs of course).  So that's 35 regular sized figs and 3 larger figs.

If none of those are options for you, perhaps the 3-way trade Glenn mentioned, provided you could work something out between you guys, would work.

Let me know, as I'd love to work something out with you guys.

(As an aside, I've got a positive Bartertown reputation plus nothing but positive responses on eBay)

Repulsar Knight

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 12:13:01 AM »
Glenn M - Let me know what figures you want.

Kman has specified that he does not care if the figures are painted. FYI - The majority of my collection have not been painted, in fact, the majority of my minatures are still in their original boxes whether bought from Target games or EE.  At this stage, I am more of a collector rather than game player.     

Side note to Kman: I would prefer unpainted models due to the fact that when I decide to paint an army (if this actually occurs within the next millennium), I will want my own uniform color scheme.

Repulsar Knight

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 12:17:17 AM »
Kman - I do have the old (first mold produced) Viridians and Hearthguard. Let me know if these would suffice.

Repulsar Knight

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 12:39:39 AM »
Glenn M - Disregard my last message because I found your thread. Question - are your models painted? (I know it seems damn fussy - I pefer boxed models that are unpainted; but would overlook the former). The Horned Ones Warshields are appealing. Plus I could trade for some Dark Tusks to trade to Kman.

Kman - let me know what is a priority for your army. Check out Glenn's thread.

Offline kman

• Journeyman
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 05:27:38 PM »
Repulsar & Glenn,

My priorities are definitely to get some Dark Tusks.  If you can work something about between the two of you, I think Glenn's offerings could work.  Of Glenn's figures, I'd be after the following:

4 Dark Stars
8 Dark Tusk Legion (don't need the other 4 as max squad size is 4 in 1st Ed.)
2 Dark Tusk Leaders
1 Dark Tusk Standard
4 Blood Bone Axeman

That's 19 figures vs. the 37 I'm offering.  To help offset this Repulsar, I'd definitely be interested in the original sculpt Viridians and possibly the Hearthguard.  Do you have any of the other figures I listed as options?

Ultimately I don't need an exact match in the number of models traded though, so a full squad of Viridians and Hearthguard could do the trick (though I'm particularly keen on the Swampies and Blackblood Goblins).

Alex

Offline kman

• Journeyman
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 05:34:04 PM »
Repulsar,

Forgot to note that I have a set of 7 unpainted Axe-horn warriors as well that I can replace the painted ones with.  I can appreciate the desire for bare metal and will just send the painted ones to a Pine-Sol bath to be repainted later.  So, that makes everything bare metal.

Alex

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 07:33:16 AM »
NOOOOO, I need Swampies and Blackbloods too.  ;D

All my figures are unpainted, most are kinda sealed.  The glue from most of the blisters is starting to break.

Hmm, this is getting confusing.

Offline kman

• Journeyman
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2006, 07:26:49 PM »
Glenn, Repulsar,

You guys still interested in working this trade out?

Repulsar Knight

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 06:24:34 AM »
Sorry about the late response, I have been extremely busy lately.

Glenn - I don't have many of the models you want. The ones that I do have (troll, horned ones totem) I am not willing to part with. If you want a different model than the ones on your list, let me know.

Kman - I know you like Dark Tusks -  maybe you could work something out with Glenn. I do not have any Dark Tusk swordsmen to trade. I do have a blister pack of dark-tusk morning stars. Let me propose something that you might consider.

I could trade: (4) Dark Tusk Morning Stars / (4) Blood Bone Axemen / (8) Goblin Swordmasters / (1) Goblin Swordmaster Leader / (4) Viridian Lords (first molds) ............. [I also have, but did not include (4) Hearthguard (first molds) - if you want these let me know]

Total: 21

for your models: (5) Horned Ones Swordsmen / (1) Axe Horn Leader / (2) Axe Horn Warriors / (6) Horned Ones Spearman / (1) Horned Ones Spearman Leader / (2) Horned Raiders (trading 2 extra models for each big model)

Total: 17 (prefer unpainted models, and if possible, the horned ones with helmets on)

I would like to have more of your models but I do not have what you want. If you want to change the trade or want a different figure than you disclosed previously, get back to me and I will check to see if I have it.

Repulsar Knight

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 06:32:24 AM »
Kman - I just reviewed my posting and saw this worthless symbol - 8) . The Goblin Swordmasters should total 8. Apparently the 8 and ) =  8).

Offline kman

• Journeyman
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 02:35:37 PM »
Repulsar,

That deal (including the Hearthguard) sounds great.  What other figs do you have available for trade?  If we can work in one more unit, I'd be happy to let the entire lot of Horned Ones go, even if it doesn't ultimately make an even trade for me.

btw, I tried to e-mail you so as to not clutter the board with messages between the two of us, but got a mailer daemon error.  If you want to e-mail me, send it to:

akanous@aol.com