Author Topic: SO how does one start up a game once the company goes belly up?  (Read 9683 times)

Void_Crusader

Hey guys,
First post... I've been searching for two weeks about Warzone minis, in particular the Imperial Regular assault forces. I picked up an auction of some 30 figures but I was looking into getting some more. So far Ebay is a flunk and all the online stores still selling a limited stock of Warzone don't have either of the large (40 man) plastic boxed sets (or the starter kit). I'm getting kind of antsy that I might not be able to find them any more as they seem to have been snatched up in the rush to sell stuff when EE went down (I actually found a hole in their site where I could view and order product and then the next day it came up with a note saying that "apparently parts of the site were still active and we have now closed them down" :P).

Any chance someone is willing to part with a set of 40 of the Imperial Assault forces? It doesn't even really need to be on sprue, unpainted, or a full 40... I'll take em :D. My e-mail is oberto@hotmail.com and I would appreciate some feedback if there's any to be had.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: SO how does one start up a game once the company goes belly up?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 07:44:05 AM »
On an extended business trip - lemme check my collection next time I'm home
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Void_Crusader

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 07:55:38 PM »
So after searching for a while I've come up with 35 regulars. Got em off ebay and that seems to be all I can do for now. Any chance someone knows where I might be able to get some?

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 04:57:31 AM »
There is another batch up for bid right now on EBAY.  I gotta admit, I've been pretty dissapointed recently-I thought that sales would spike but it's slowed down quite a bit. 

I've got some extra-I might be willing to trade a batch of ten or so just to cut down on my painting roster.  They are assembled and primed white. 

I can't talk you into buying trading for a Vermin can I?
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Void_Crusader

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 08:50:11 PM »
Sorry trades are a no go as I don't even have anything besides the 35 regulars :P! trying to expand from there but we'll see what comes up from time to time. Gimme a shout at obert@telus.net if you hear anything.

Offline ezekiel

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 07:58:10 AM »
it seems that most of us got our start with bauhaus ducals and imperial regulars.why didnt they put out similar plastic sets for other corporations "regular" troops? like capitol light infantry, bh troopers,legionnarres,necros,ashigaru, chasseurs,peoples volunteers? this works well for gw/40k. i think if someone does buy the molds and starts it up again that this could really help the marketability of our beloved warzone!! 40k folks could supplement their armies by picking up these box sets!! its a win win situation!
games workshop: the ultimate evil megacorp!

Sedekiel

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 11:24:41 AM »
Sorry if this has been done before but can someone please post minis that can do a good job proxying the different corporations units. Is the size the same with other systems like 40K? Personally I am interested in Capitol and Bauhaus.

Cheers fdr

Offline ezekiel

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 01:01:10 PM »
ive found that athough the assault rifles look different and there is a lack of lmgs the imperial guard cathachian jungle fighters look pretty much like the free marines. also look like the cybertronic peoples volunteers. for bauhaus there used to be an imperial guard group that looked very germanic- i forget their name. look it up in the catalog there are alot of other troop types available, but they are price-y! dont give up on e-bay.i get most of my stuff there on the "buy it now" section. nothing worse than getting all excited about a possible squad and then someone outbids you!!! if you dont mind shipping its really the way to go!!!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 09:26:48 AM »
The problem is that I think all these figs everyone wants are out there but they are scattered around FLGS's across the world.  The worse part is that they are probably in bargain bins for 50% off.

For proxies, www.minirealms.com has a thread going on in the Warzone forum.  Like this place it is starting to get a bit slow there so some new blood would be welcome.  It mainly covers units that have rules but no figs but they should lead to some good ideas.  For example, for Free Marines you can use Void Viridian Marines.  They can still be found in bargain bins.  They are also available at www.thewarstore.com and www.urbanmammoth.com
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline ezekiel

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 04:22:59 PM »
veez youre 100% right! i just know the armies we need are in pigsknuckle arkansas for 1.50 each!!!!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 05:26:23 AM »
You laugh but I know about a game store in Virginia 6 hours from where I live that has pretty much everything I would want to finish my stuff off.  The problem is I don't have any excuse or free time to hop into the car and raid the place.  I also need to swing by Raleigh to see if there is anything worth looking into there.  Again, way out of my way.  Then there were a couple places in California...

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 12:14:12 PM »
Where in Virginia? That's where I live and I need a few scattered items to finish up my collection....
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline Brother Jim

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 06:40:01 PM »
Where in CA ??  And do the store(s) have online ordering ??

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks.
Fear my ability to teleport hand grenades into your pants..........without the pin or spoon !!!!

Ebay alias: sweettooth32

Offline ezekiel

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 07:24:34 PM »
yeah! where in ca?! you east coasters got it good by the sounds of it! no disrespect meant to arkansas(see previous post). im not joking either! i just  know there is a hole in the wall comic shop or hobby store somewhere where you will find the 2nd ed box for like 10bucks!!!
its all in the hunt!!! i recently found the 4 pack of legionnares for a dollar!! we also found a few old rule books for 1.50 in a clearance box at a comic shop. other than that i think weve picked sacramento clean....brother jim,where you at in ca?

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 08:06:05 AM »
Game Towne in the old town (fancy that) part of San Diego.  This was a couple year ago.  The real treasure trove was at a shop located on Carlsbad (also not far from you) but I don't remember it's name and it moved.  What I can tell you is that the guys at OT know about it and knew that it had moved (and probably the new location).  I envy you-it was a great store. 

I argue that where I'm located right now I am pretty much hosed unless I do a lot of on-line orders before they dry up at last or unless I can justify a road trip (gotta convince the wife and get off from work-then there are those pesky liberty limits).