Author Topic: WAIT and vehicle +3 bonus  (Read 42733 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: WAIT and vehicle +3 bonus
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2007, 06:28:38 AM »
However as the debate went a few weeks ago -- wait can be taken at any time not just as a reaction to the enemy so the gunner could by that rule go on wait ending the gunners turn and then after the driver finishes the gunner could come off wait . By the rules the gunner would lose the 3rd action but the two actions on wait could then be used at the most opportune time. One of the many reasons I'm more fond of waits having to be in reaction to something. Just stating an opinion with the last sentence -- not looking ot reopen the debate.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2007, 06:48:04 AM »
I cannot argue that, Top.  That is, actually, part of my argument.

@Chribu - I do not believe that you can infer a rule from a bad example.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Wedge

« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2007, 01:39:03 PM »
Just to let you all know, the FAQ team is working this issue still.  We’ve had much debate on the topic and are narrowing down our decision.  Please bare with us a little while longer as we come to a logical consensus.

Thanks!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2011, 04:05:43 AM »
If vehicle moves, there is no +3 RC bonus.
What about a skimmer that:
moves 1, reserves 1 wait action
does not move, shoots 3 times.
a) Do all 3 rolls have +3 RC or only the first one?

What about:
moves 1, shoots 1 time.
Then, during enemy unit activation, shoots twice.
b) What happens here?

ORCAs:
c) is the -3 RC penalty for instability for the HI HMG to be applied only if the ORCA moved during that activation?

Any modifier which would normally apply to a given situation would, indeed, apply to a Wait Action; e.g., if a model uses a Wait Action to fire at a model which is +2 SZ or more, then the firing model would receive a +1 RC modifier.  Conversely, if a model uses a Wait Action to fire upon an enemy model in Minimized Presence, then the firing model would suffer a -2 RC modifier.  Do not differentiate between the type of modifiers; consider all of them.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!