Author Topic: Units We Would Like to See  (Read 4167 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Units We Would Like to See
« on: March 22, 2006, 12:24:19 PM »
In the shift from 2nd Ed to UWZ some units were lost  :'(  unecessarily, such as the (okay I don't have the rule book on this one so sorry) Capitol quad gun, HI and LI mounted MGs, Bauhaus Rocket thingie, etc.  I would like to petition the tribunal to restore these missing units.  I don't think they were particularly unbalancing and we have the rules to adjust this.  I made proxies for all these darn things and I want to be able to use them.  I also want rules for my freaking Megazoul-I paid good money for that paperweight and by Algeroth it should be able to scare the daylights out of my enemies on the battlefield.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
Re: Units We Would Like to See
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 12:59:06 PM »
I'm willin to put money on some of those units being postponed and pushed back into the now apochraphical books.  That being so, I also wouldn't be surprised to see them show up before too long.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 02:19:57 PM »
I don't know Joe.  I think I have to disagree with you on this one.  Just as vehicles had a lot of their power neutured, I think it was a conscious choice to phase these pieces out especially, since there was never any models made for them.

UWZ is designed to place the focus on the infantry, with this being a skirmished based game.  Not only did these artillery type pieces give the game more of a large scale battle feel but, they also threw around some very large templates.  Under the new template rules in UWZ, this would be very unbalancing.

I really hope that these pieces remain as part of the history of the game and are not brought back in some unoffical suppliment. 
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 03:02:33 PM »
Well the Hammerhead I can see becoming a Mounted Autocannon with improved range.  I dont see any problem with crew portable MHMGs.  And I have it on good authority that not only was the Hellfire never implimented, it'll also never be put into the game as a Large Explosion template beast.  Something not to different from the Arashi or the Unholy Carronade would be acceptable, if a bit heavy handed.

I can be happy with those support units.

-PFC joe

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 06:47:27 AM »
We used the hammerhead (thanks Joe-now I know the names) in a game and its inaccuracy more than made up for it's killing potential.

I have no qualms about a scaled down hellfire.  I would equate the mounted machinguns to the Ducal Militia version or the HMG-85. 

The Megazoul I would place in the same catagory as the praetorian behemoth (and now that I think about it I could just use those rules and proxy with the MZ) as a fugly.

I'm willin to put money on some of those units being postponed and pushed back into the now apochraphical books.  That

Your use of the word "apochraphical" makes me wonder if with the home-gown effort there won't be the "accepted texts" (the Gospel According to Thom) and the "forbidden texts" (John Doe Powergamer's Homegrown Mishima FOW book complete with K00L Power Force Rangers).   ;D All the more need to get the tribunal going and create a source page.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 07:17:10 AM by Veez »
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 10:17:38 AM »
LoL no, I was just being wordy.  The new stuff will be based on unreleased materials and shaped by the preexisting points rubric.

i think  =/

-PFC joe

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 09:41:18 AM »
I'm all for rubric  based units-it's a standard we can all agree on.  It's when guys go off on their own and start throwing things together because it looked cool. 

Of course it doesn't really matter since they can't force their lists off on anyone anyway.

Still, I hear the second edition Mishima books were burnt for their heresies...