Author Topic: Hmmmm...  (Read 13254 times)

Offline kman

• Journeyman
Re: Hmmmm...
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 05:41:02 PM »
Great find there Gubs - especially the first one.  Does a fine job of explaining to the uninitiated what occurred during the fall of Target.  Or, at least what those of us outside the company were privy to.

While only a select few know what fully happened behind closed doors, it definitely wasn't completely on the up and up.  And a lot of us were given false hopes while certain designers cannabilized the studio's talent for the next project that they would run into the ground.

MIcrowave

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2006, 11:14:17 PM »
Unfortunately, when Target went belly-up a lot of artwork, new sculpts and molds were stolen. From what I heard, the property was trying to be "ransomed" back to EE and Paradox who were the rightful owners. Paradox did try to step in but was unable to gain any ground.

Many times different artwork or models would crop up on e-bay or on a website(IE first post) and was met with a cease and desist letter and a demand to return 'em. I guess EE's demands weren't really met though.

It is sickening that they would do something like this though, try and sell off the stuff while everyone is distracted with the license up for grabs.

M

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2006, 02:45:04 AM »
what about resellers, what's the difference there, why can they still sell what they have in stock?

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2006, 03:36:35 AM »
Chribu, the difference is that a shop or distributor has bought the stock they have fair and square, whereas these items really belong to someone else and were "lost" during the breakup of Target UK.

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2006, 04:28:35 AM »
sorry, I meant the difference between a shop and EE, both selling what they have left in stock.

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2006, 06:09:23 AM »
Oh, man... those artworks are really tempting... they'd be so cool to have hanging on my wall, but I don't want to get involved with buying possibly stolen property...

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2006, 09:50:10 PM »
I was thinking that about the Elven Miniatures.

But no, I musn't