Author Topic: UWZ and 1st Ed.  (Read 3369 times)

Offline Pieper

UWZ and 1st Ed.
« on: March 16, 2006, 09:49:16 AM »
So in light of the news  I have been looking at my options and I decided that my best course of action would be to revert to 1st edition because that is when my local group enjoyed the game the  most.  So last  night I pulled out my old 1st Ed rule book and reread the rules and discovered a very intersting thing.  The basic rules are exactly the same!  The mechanics for shooting, close combat, damage and wounding are the same in both editions.  The big difference is really the stat lines for units (much higher in 1st Edition) and  the special equipment.  So my main chore is going to  be creating the new units along with stat lines, should be fun. ;D

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
Re: UWZ and 1st Ed.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 04:24:42 PM »
Yep, the core rules, being as well designed as they are, is what made this game so playable.  Practically everyone who tries it ikes the ebb and flow of this system, especially guys who are used to the lopsided GW rules set.  This is where there is great potential (other then the Kick A - - background and fluff) to really make a splash in the market.  That is why I find it so hard to believe that another company doesn't want to run with this.    ???
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 04:58:06 PM »
The first edition rules formed the core of what evolved to, in my opinion, the best TTG system. Hide, wait, actions etc. I love it.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline JohnL5555

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 08:13:59 PM »
Already been using 1st. Good idea about the stats!

Thanks,

John