Author Topic: And The Winner Is............FFG  (Read 3629 times)

Offline OLD Dwarf

And The Winner Is............FFG
« on: March 15, 2006, 04:31:38 PM »
The Mutant Chronicles Collectible Miniatures Game
 In 2006, FFG will release its first miniatures game, a CMG based on the classic Mutant Chronicles universe. For those who aren’t familiar with it, Mutant Chronicles was created in the early 90s and eventually gave birth to a miniatures game, roleplaying game, and two different CCGs. Now, a film project is in the works and FFG is helping to relaunch this great property with the release of a collectible miniatures game. Mutant Chronicles is set in the far future of our own solar system, where Megacorporations battle each other as well as a dark invader. Power-armored doom troopers, magic, and monsters mix in this exciting dark future space-fantasy setting.

As this is our first miniatures game, we aren’t holding anything back. The figures will be in 36mm scale, with the most detailed sculpts and painting we can give them. The game system itself will be refreshing and innovative, as we’ve taken a lot of the tedium and bookkeeping out of both army building and game play. The game is fast and fun, with all of the strategic depth and thematic immersion you’ve come to expect from FFG games. Expect the initial release, featuring a deluxe two-player starter set and standard booster boxes, in October of this year. We also hope to have lots of cool stuff to preview at GenCon later this year.

This is off the FFG Rant Page...a CMG :(

OD

Baruk Khazad!
Khazad aimenu!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: And The Winner Is............FFG
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 05:16:14 PM »
How many threads are going to be devoted to announcing the acquistion of the Mutant Chronicles Universe by FFG?

While it was polite for a rep to come here and inform us directly this is becoming more than annoying. The announcement should have been made and people directed to the FFG site to ask questions. This is still the Excelsior Forum and devoted to the TTG version of the game.

We all know that FFG has the rights now okay? We freakin get it. For those of you who think this is a good thing go to the FFG site and sign up on their forums. Then you can ask questioons, poor mouth Thom's and Excelsior's efforts or call me a low life SOB to your hearts content.

There are some of us who have invested more than time and money in this endeavor - I'm talking sweat, blood, heart and soul and for us this is not the news of Warzone's salvation. We are saddened at this ending and worried about the health of our brother and friend Thom Talamini.

If you want to stay be respectful of our loss and mindful of your manners as we would and will on your forums. Otherwise leave us in peace to regroup and help one another thru this.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 05:20:28 PM by Topkick »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline OLD Dwarf

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 05:26:41 PM »
Well EXCUSE me!I noticed no other thread on this subject & I ment no disrespect.
I was under the impression that those of us who have supported WZ over the years
might like the information.

If such information is unwelcomed a notice should have been posted.Jumping down
my throat isn't helping anyone but if you need to vent I do understand.

OD
Baruk Khazad!
Khazad aimenu!

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 03:17:33 AM »
It's already been annnounced elsewhere. No harm though.

Closing this one.