Author Topic: to my forum  (Read 5975 times)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
to my forum
« on: March 14, 2006, 12:10:14 PM »
Before lights go out here in the forum.
I wanted to say its been really kool reading and posting on this forum.
It has been great in helping me keep in touch with my maplewood crew and those outside it.
   Posting the adventures of the "MAPLEWOOD WARZONE SAGE" has been fun, hell it seems even a few people read it.

I fear now that the game is "dead"(we still play at maplewood).
With no more EE events, I wont see all the faces I'm use to seeing at the cons. Hopefully there will be another game around to give us reason to all gather and play again. To all all my warzone con buddies (you know who you are) its been a blast going to the cons knowing you all be there to play warzone/ chronopia.
        -for the record: I won last EE event MUHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAgo masher take the crown go masher   sadly this might be the last bit of smack talking I do on these boards.

To those who answered all the rule questions pfc joe, southpaw, topkick, coil and others I fail to name, thanks.

Topkick: one day we will meet at the con and have the biggest LEGIONS of STEEL battle everrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!  are at least a fun small one :)

I guess I be seeing all you floating around at the other forums when they close this one down.

Lastly to EE for making a fine couple of games. For what its worth you give a few gamers some really good times with the games you made. Good luck to you all.
Thom: hope you get better. Thanks again for your fine games.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
Re: to my forum
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 02:31:48 PM »
Before lights go out here in the forum.
[..]
that thought raises a question: if the forum were to go down for good, what's the second best place to talk about warzone, on the internet?

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 04:56:22 PM »
Although this is a sweet-sorrow sentiment, let's not jump to conclusions.  There is a faction of us which are taking pseudo-responsibility for keeping everything up and running, both the forums and at least UWZ (the fate of Chronopia is yet undetermined).

As far as cons go, Dude, swing by Origins this year (June 28th - July 2nd, Columbus Ohio).  The Mid-Western Crusaders' Club is going to host one H - - - of a show!
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline The One King

• Do you know what the SOK's got cook'n?
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 05:14:46 PM »
I fear now that the game is "dead".

I wouldn't be so quick to call the game dead. Hell 0. My brother and I just hosted an eight man tourniment in Cleveland two weeks ago. We even had a player come down from Michigan.

The game will only die if we let it. Don't know what the future holds, but if the game is to die. They'll rip it from my hands kicking and screaming.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 05:19:25 PM by The One King »
It's clobberin time!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 04:25:05 AM »
Also there is a thread on www.minirealms.com if this goes kaput. 
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 11:56:44 AM »
If our forum gets shut down, Minirealms should be our meeting point for players who continue to play these games.  They've died before and come back.  There's no telling what will happen.  Hold on to your models, and keep the home fires burnin'.  Cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Green_Knight

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 11:32:53 PM »
Maybe if FFG don't shut it down you are all welcome to
the german Chronopia/Warzone forums at:
http://www.chronopia-deutschland.de/forum/

That could be the solution.

So this will be the second move of our beloved forum
(i already was there lurking at paradox-forums)

Special thanks goes to
catinator, thom, coil, topkick, southpaw, wedge and all
i forgot.

hope to read from you soon.

My playgroup will hold up the flag of warzone/chronopia
as long as we could, anyone getting to Hamburg
Germany is invited for a game.