Author Topic: Quit your Kvetching  (Read 16334 times)

Offline mchiao

Re: Quit your Kvetching
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2006, 11:57:50 AM »
Not to mention the paint I bought...

Thank god I came to my sense before getting a air paint brush...

madzerker

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2006, 01:05:23 PM »
"The minis that got released were better than any of the Heartbreaker or Target sculpts that preceded them"

you are joking right? You mean to tell me that you think the new shadowwalkers and fat man golden lion are better sculpts then all of the stuff that Kev White did for second edition?

I HATED the fact that they made the older models new troop types. I hated the old sculpts and sold all of mine when the newer nicer resculpts were released. To have to go back and buy back the old ugly out of scale models again was retarded and is one of the reasons I left the game after being such a rabid fan. They could have still sold the old minis and allowed them to be used in tournaments (either old or new sculpt) to not alienate those who had the older model but forcing those of us who care about the aesthetics and want our minis to be in scale with each other alienates us. To me the line about being nice to older gamers with making you use the old models is BS (i am older gamer btw, played since day 1 of 1rst edition). To me it was EE being greedy, wanting to make money on the models without having to put out any money for sculpts.

The final nail in the coffin for me was the lack of any releases and when something was released it was the the lower quality of 1rst edition models instead of good quality of 2nd edition models. This told me there would never be any models I would want to buy again.

I hope another company takes a stab at it. If they do it right I will get back in and rebuy all the models I have sold. (every army)

Offline JohnL5555

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2006, 01:31:44 PM »
  I agree fully Madzerker. And yeah, I happy with all those figs I got from you!  ;D

Thanks,

John

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2006, 04:20:29 PM »
Let's not pick up where the License thread ended.

Remember-unless you are playing in a tournament, you can use whatever figs you want.  Who gives a rodent's buttocks what came out when and which is better.  You think I ditched four squads of old heavy infantry just because they aren't the new official HI?  Heck no.  If I want four freaking squads of HI they are fitting the bill.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline CmdrKiley

• Mini Art of War
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2006, 08:50:14 PM »
Well those of you who feared it would be a collectable mini game, here is your nightmare.

Looks like all new minis too as they claim they're 36mm and I assume they'll be of the same grade of plastic as the minis that come in the Doom boxed set as well as the other FFG materials.  I guess if they intended it to be a CMG, the new minis wouldn't be worth anything thing if everyone just used their old pewter minis for proxies.

Well I for one, don't intend to trade up my collection for these.  I might be interested in some DL monsters or other large models that may fit with my 28mm stuff.  But I won't be paying any collector prices for them nor do I find any prepainting of any value worth paying for.  If the rules are decent I'll probably play the game, but use as much of my Warzone collection.   However don't think it's quite the scope of Warzone and thus no substitute for it. 

I intend to keep playing Ultimate Warzone, as I love the game and love the minis.  I had already given up on waiting for new minis a long time ago and have been collecting materials for making my own custom models as well as come up with other models that would replace the fugly ones.
Back in my day we didn't have that fancy non-toxic pewter stuff.  We played with lead, LEAD I TELL YA! and we liked it.

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2006, 08:53:44 PM »
I'm not going to condemn the game until I see what they're doing with it.  Remember, the first SotC was all plastics and goofy sizes. 

That said, don't worry, I'll be behind UWZ as long as ya'll are still playin it.  (I'll see where I can help with that too)

-PFC joe

Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum