Author Topic: Forum Advice  (Read 6036 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Forum Advice
« on: March 04, 2006, 06:56:41 AM »
With the news of Excelsior's problems we are getting a lot of guest traffic and quite a few new members. Some are curious as to what is happening and some unfortunately have come to revel in Excelsior's misfortune. Recently we have seen and will probably continue to see posts that seem insensitive or downright rude to us, our community and/or Excelsior's stewardship of our common interest.

The thing we need to remember is that this is our community. We have managed to have very few locked threads here and almost no flame wars up to now. Stay strong and don't let the trolls win. This forum is currently Excelsior's only outlet to the gaming community - lets police ourselves and refrain from giving the trolls what they want.

If you feel someone is being a troll report it to the moderators. Let them handle it. Moderators - feel free to vent to us when dealing with the trolls becomes a heavy burden. I know all of you from the various forums over the years and have met at least half of you at a Con. My contact info is in my profile and I'm sure there are others here that will let you vent.

I'm a veteran of flame wars that make the worst one we had here seem tame and I've learned the hard way that we hurt ourselves when we respond to trolls. This is Excelsior's forum and I promised Thom I would do everything I could to be a positive factor here rather than a negative one. Thom is my friend and I will not allow myself to be goaded into a tantrum so the trolls can ruin our home. I ask the rest of the forum community to stand with me.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 07:02:03 AM by Topkick »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Wedge

Re: Forum Advice
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 08:06:07 AM »
I agree completely TK.

As a moderator, I am held to a higher standard on these forums and yesterday I let my emotions get the best of me.  Forgive me for being human.  As for yesterdays "small" flammage, I must forward a sincere apology to John for stepping up to the edge if not a little over the line.

I will do my best as your moderator to keep a level head.  I have to say, honestly, that I usually do keep cool.  Sometimes my buttons get pushed and I get a little fired up.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 08:14:17 AM »
I agree as well TK.

If anyone sees anything they feel needs the attention of a moderator use the Report to moderator function which is in every post or fire off a PM in case you have any other questions.

Offline Gubs

• Prophet Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 11:21:12 AM »
Awwww.  Group hug!

Offline The One King

• Do you know what the SOK's got cook'n?
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 10:40:13 AM »
Nice post TK. I am in full agreement. ;)
It's clobberin time!