Author Topic: IMPALER and WAR TORKHA ecc...  (Read 8139 times)

Offline FCM

IMPALER and WAR TORKHA ecc...
« on: August 20, 2018, 06:04:48 AM »

Salve.

Mi serve una risposta ufficiale per favore.

Domanda:
le unità IMPALER e WAR TORKHA causano danno ai non morti?

quali armi da tiro causano danno ai non morti?

grazie!
Hello.

I need an official answer, please.

Question:
IMPALER and WAR TORKHA units cause damage to the undead?

which shooting weapons cause damage to the undead?

thank you!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: IMPALER and WAR TORKHA ecc...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 02:27:13 PM »
Impaler, yes.  War Torkha, no.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline FCM

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 02:44:59 PM »
Thanks!  ;)

Offline Buzzu

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 11:46:49 PM »
Hy Joshua. I've seen an old discussion between you and DogOwar about this. You never ended to an official conclusion... I remember that the main argument to say "no" for the Heavy repeating crossbow was that, being a crossbow, it shouldn't affect undeads. The main argument to say "yes" was that the rules say undeads are immune to "hand held missile weapons", and the HRC is not hand held since it's mounted on a beast and managed by two crew members. So the question is still open. We discussed a lot about that here in Italy. Personally, I have to say that in the beginning I was for the "no" answer, but I changed my mind and here's the reason: if we start to discuss about what type of point and impact is legitimate to make damage to an undead subject in a realistic way, we will not survive the discussion. If you look carefully through the rules, you'll notice some absurdities already existing. According to the states rules, "hand held missile weapons" cannot damage undead units while throwing weapons do. Fair. What about the fact that a thin knife of the Nightwalker or a stygian swordsman does, and the crushing stone of a slinger (which realistically could crash the skull of a skeleton way better than a knife) doesn't??? If we discuss every single weapon it wouldn't come to an end. Let's make things easier by following the rules already stated. "Hand held missile weapons" don't affect undeads, while throwing weapons do. Impaler is not hand held. Is HRC considered hand held? This is the question to answer. The next answer comes consequently. Cheers and thanks a lot.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 03:19:53 PM »
Good point.  The repeating crossbow is damage 11.  A heavy crossbow is damage 12.  The Impaler is 14 x 2!  It is a much bigger projectile, so Thom figures it would affect the undead in Chronopia.  That’s his ruling on the field.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Buzzu

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 04:55:51 AM »
I understand the idea, but a spear is damage six and it affects undeads as well. It's not a matter of amount of damage (a crossbow is damage 12 because it penetrates to vital organs, which is something an undead doesn't care about). To this level of the discussion, I think I will make a list of every missile, throwing weapon, and even direct spells, suggesting if the type of damage should or shouldn't affect undeads, to give you for an unofficial approval. Just give me time and I'll do it.