Author Topic: Card deployement and first turn  (Read 7179 times)

Offline Buzzu

Card deployement and first turn
« on: September 13, 2015, 04:26:45 PM »
Hy everybody. I need a clarification about the rules.
After you place your cards, you roll for initiative and the game begins. Card by card, you activate and reveal all of your units. Now, the question is: if I have shooters or magicians to activate, but my opponent still has cards, what should I do? I cannot fire to a card. But most of the times, the range wuold be sufficient. So?
I cannot shoot until the card is activated and the unit is revealed?
Or the unit is revealed in the moment I target it, and it will activate later on?
Or should I flip all the cards and place minis after the deployement, except for hidden troops?
Please tell which is the correct thing to do, because this can unbalance very heavily the game.

Offline Delthos

• Evil Polish Guy
Re: Card deployement and first turn
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 01:15:40 PM »
You definitely don't reveal all units at the start of the game.

You can not target a unit that has not been revealed. The only way to force your opponent to reveal a unit is to move a unit within its leadership value in distance from the card and have unobstructed LOS to the card. So a unit with LD 10 would have to get within 10 of the card and have unrestricted LOS to it.

Of course this could all change if your opponent has a spell or ability that modifies deployment or the revealed status of a unit.

So that being said, I'd save revealing my missile weapon and spell casters until later in the first round, after you or your opponent has revealed some of his units. Then you aren't wasting activating a unit who can't do anything because they can't see anything.

See page 82 of the 2nd edition rulebook.