Warzone > Open Discussion

UWZ --- Why the reduction in size of Cav Units? Bauhaus Rapts and Mishima Drags

(1/2) > >>

warzoneD:
Hey, all--

A buddy and I were aseembling some forces when we noticed how small the cav units had become.

Don't know if I missed this discussion somewhere else but I was wondering if those close to the designers of UWZ know why the choice was made to reduce the size of cav units from Max 6 (2nd Ed) to Max 2 (UWZ) not incl. Bannermen and Leaders.  After all, the inf. units are the same max size (12).  I did notice wounds went from W1 to W3 (W2 for the Mishima Dragon Riders).  But this would be an easy change back if that becomes a balance issue.

Was this a game balance choice?  Were the large units overwhelming?  They don't seem so just looking at their stats. 

I ask because, fluff wise - "large" cav units seems in keeping with the Great War/World War era feel of the game

Thoughts?  :)

D

warzoneD:
Anyone?  Anyone?

warzoneD:
Still looking for a little old fashioned warzone discussion on this... :)

Horned God:
I say modify it. I did this in Chronopia. I have 3 Tusked Raiders. I made them a Unit. Now, if you feel they are too much, you can tone them down, they will also cost less but you then can add more of them. I did so in the thinking they were sort of like Blood Hunters (Devout). I also did the same for Firstborn mounted.

So in Warzone terms, and for units like Great Greys or Sharks, and talking about other factions, I think 2 to 3 are a good size. A squad of 1 is sort of not a squad to me. Its an Individual. So minimum 2 but I can see 2 - 3 in a unit. OR 2 - 4 might be the sweet spot so you can have 2, 3, or 4 in a squad.

Since you pay for what might not be 'not-cheap' models I don't see an imbalance. Also Considering ORCA are pimps and you can take up to like 3 of them, having those Mishima dragon riders up to 6 I don't see any reason why that is a bad idea. The 3 ORCA facing you will not be afraid of your 6 lizard riders.

semai99:

--- Quote from: Horned God on January 30, 2015, 08:15:31 PM ---Also Considering ORCA are pimps and you can take up to like 3 of them, having those Mishima dragon riders up to 6 I don't see any reason why that is a bad idea. The 3 ORCA facing you will not be afraid of your 6 lizard riders.

--- End quote ---

Famous last words .. ;D ;D

I agree with the unit of one is an individual and unit sizes should be between 2-4 depending on what they are as to not get the cheezy brigade on the board  ::) you've all played against them

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version