Author Topic: Can't decide how to paint up my Imperial Special Forces  (Read 6825 times)

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

Can't decide how to paint up my Imperial Special Forces
« on: February 16, 2006, 06:18:16 PM »
Ok so I have 12 Special Forces, 2 Special Forces Sgts, and 2 Special Forces Tank Hunters, and I'm not sure how I want to paint them up.

I've used them as just about everything they can be.  Golden Panthers, Dunsirn Hunters, Sterlings most commonly but on occasion Black Berets, and once when I needed some more CC power I called them Rams, but the time has come that I've decided to paint them, and since the different clans have pretty specific color schemes I need to settle on what they're going to be.

I think I need to give some of them and at least one of the Sgts the really cool black and Yellow of the Golden Panthers, both because I already have a squad of Golden Lions and would need another elite choice when I run a Murdoch army and also I really want to try my hand at doing the paint scheme.

Other then that I'm not sure If I should do Sterlings, Hunters or another of Panthers.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Can't decide how to paint up my Imperial Special Forces
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 06:40:00 PM »
I can't speak for everyone but if you painted the unit in a generic paint scheme or left tem unpainted and then got extra Sgts and painted each for a particular clan I'd let you call the unit whatever the Sgt was painted as. Maybe not as cool as having a perfectly painted unit but definitely more versitile if you can't decide. After you decided paint the unit and then sell the spare Sgts on ebay
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline mchiao

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 08:09:14 PM »
If you still have your first edition supplements, there is one issue that has different color scheme for the special forces.

I painted my with the 1st edition Blood Beret scheme.  I'll probably stick with it as well.  Dont have that many figs to paint'em differently.

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 11:14:08 PM »
I have the book, I know the paint schemes I'm just not sure which I want to use.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 03:49:27 PM »
I'm planning on painting my generic Imperial Special Forces minis in a generic brown, desert camo pattern and using them as Golden Panthers...I used other minis for some of the other SF troops...

B.
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 09:07:09 AM »
I have the book, I know the paint schemes I'm just not sure which I want to use.

If you think you can pull it off, use the Wild Roses scheme.... or paint them any color that strikes your fancy except the beret.  Make that to color of what ever you want them to truely be.

My own I have in black armor with green should pads.  The berets are the same color as the Hunters though.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 09:38:04 PM »
Wow, I thought this thread was long dead.  No I'm not ambitious enough to attempt the wild roses scheme.  I've started painting a squad of them in the golden panthers theme.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 01:17:51 PM »
I'd go with the golden panthers but it would be nice to see the shamrocks come back.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69