Author Topic: Warzone Resurrection Models as new units for UWZ  (Read 7349 times)

Offline micmellon

Warzone Resurrection Models as new units for UWZ
« on: April 16, 2013, 11:39:57 AM »
What does the community things about the idea to transfer the new Warzone Resurrection Models into the UWZ Universe?
I pledge some money into the Kickstarter but most of my friends are still very skeptical and prefer (at least for now) to stay in the old system. We will give at the end the new system a try but my friends are more interested in new units then new rules.
There are a lot of totally new units and even some of the old have positively mutated in something new.
As an example the new Heavy Infantry of Capitol reminds me more of Space Marines then the old Heavy Infantry.
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline semai99

Re: Warzone Resurrection Models as new units for UWZ
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 11:54:39 AM »
Why not,

The Heavy Infantry couple be based similar to the Assault Marines but for the CGF fraction/list.

The Necrobeast riders you could either use with a fraction as a mount for a Centurion or on Dark Eden

The new Vulcan could be a heavier version of the current one.

Armored Chasseurs are just the Enchanced Chasseurs
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline rob_alderman

• WARZONE RESURRECTION 2013
    • PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 12:33:40 PM »
Yep, why not! It's still support for Prodos! :)

I'd be interested to see how it pans out.  ;D

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 09:00:33 AM »
I guess it depends upon what you feel is more important to the game.

Do you like figures over the game system or vice versa?

I have not tried the new game yet (I will). I like the new figures and the fact that it is being revitalized. When I game with the group I know we will play the Ultimate Edition currently. It does not mean we won't try the new one or that we will not buy the new figures.

I guess what it depends upon is your personal preference.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline rob_alderman

• PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 11:10:49 AM »
Oh, but of course. I play WZR, simply because I never played the previous versions and I have faith in the new one. I enjoy it too!

But each to their own, and it is not Prodos' place to deny that. The fact people are inspired by the new miniatures in any way is a fantastic thing.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 06:00:10 PM »
Got two kids graduating and a prior commitment to pay for but will be getting at least two starters and the book this summer. May do a little demoing in the Madison area. There was some interest at the local con when Coldthunder and I ran events there last year
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 03:52:38 AM »
You know the group that meets at Dave's is always willing to try new game etc. Hope you can make it down there sometime.
The entire Capitol Army.

Offline dane

• Board Member
  • The Board
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 07:46:06 AM »
I bought into the new game on kickstarter gladly because of the good energy they showed. Prodos treated us like a community, not a money net.

I am always going to play the UWZ. it wasn't broke IMHO, and it has always been a favorite system of mine.

I will have the beta copy of the Prodos rules at Talamania, and I think we will all have a great time with it, it looks like a great version. When the new minis come out I will buy them all, given some time. I am looking forward to the new minis.

On a funny side note I can not wait to buy the archangel, since it was my kitbashed archangel model in the old warzone mag issue all those years ago it brought a tear to my eye to see it offered.

Looking forward to supporting the new all the way and playing the old as we always have.

Bill
We are all who we say we are. So long as our actions are the same as our words.

Mishima prophet

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 08:48:42 AM »
I bought into the new game on kickstarter gladly because of the good energy they showed. Prodos treated us like a community, not a money net.

I am always going to play the UWZ. it wasn't broke IMHO, and it has always been a favorite system of mine.

I will have the beta copy of the Prodos rules at Talamania, and I think we will all have a great time with it, it looks like a great version. When the new minis come out I will buy them all, given some time. I am looking forward to the new minis.

On a funny side note I can not wait to buy the archangel, since it was my kitbashed archangel model in the old warzone mag issue all those years ago it brought a tear to my eye to see it offered.

Looking forward to supporting the new all the way and playing the old as we always have.

Bill

Looking forward to looking at/testing the rules out with you.

The entire Capitol Army.

Offline rob_alderman

• PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 03:11:00 PM »
Hi Bill!

The Icarus is going to be awesome, it is probably your fault we got confused about the Plane being called an Icarus and the Pilot an Archangel!!!! :P

Seriously, your model is fantastic. Brilliant work.

I cannot WAIT to see what people do with WZR. The internet is full of talented folks and it is so much easier to share that talent now.

Cheers!
Rob

Offline dane

• Board Member
  • The Board
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 05:55:09 AM »
LOL

You are absolutely correct! And my ability to mix up names for models is legendary! Kudos to you guys for making the darn thing! It was just a fun memory to share.

Rob, your energy is why even if the people still dig an older version you are going to get serious support. You seem to be a good chap!

William
We are all who we say we are. So long as our actions are the same as our words.

Mishima prophet

Offline semai99

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 07:58:14 AM »
Rob, your energy is why even if the people still dig an older version you are going to get serious support. You seem to be a good chap!

Just a pity we never got to see those children of illian all with Rob's face on them either as actual faces or masks  ;D
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline rob_alderman

• PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 09:35:25 AM »
Someday, I could hope!

:D

Good chap, I certainly hope I am! I'm always there with my cuppa cha!  ;D