Author Topic: Imperial WIP and end results  (Read 13687 times)

Offline Jase

Imperial WIP and end results
« on: March 13, 2013, 03:00:28 AM »
Something I've been doing in my lunch hours of late. Pretty much all works in progress:

Those cameras really show the imperfections don't they?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 12:34:01 AM by Jase »
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline micmellon

Re: A lunchtime activity
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 03:36:41 AM »
I made the same experience with the same type of color and with pictures.

They show the small parts where color is missing very well and Trenchers are extremely difficult to paint.  :(

It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline semai99

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 06:47:21 AM »
Nice to see them in progress, always fun to see the progression of figures as they are being painted they don't look brilliant at one stage then suddenly they start to come to life especially once you've added the shading, for me the hardest part is painting 28mm once again after a while painting smaller 6mm, 10mm & 15mm figures is the detailing is more important on the bigger figure and I'm trying to get my feel back for painting the larger models again. 

Look forward to your next stage on these.
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline Jase

Finished
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 12:11:48 AM »
After a month or two I finally completed the squad. Just have to varnish them, but for the most part I'm happy with how they turned out:

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 12:14:09 AM by Jase »
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Jase

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 12:14:56 AM »

Offline Jase

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 12:15:45 AM »

Offline Jase

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 12:16:11 AM »

Offline Jase

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 02:38:50 AM »
Now that I have my new paint work mapped out, my next squad should be quicker to do.

Offline Jase

Re: Imperial WIP and end results
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 12:38:20 AM »
Started on the second squad of Trenchers this lunchtime - Sgt, 5 riflemen, 1 sniper/LMG. Got as far as applying the base coat to the armour plates today. I was originally going to paint up the weapons from basecoats to grey drybrush (I've started doing this instead of painting the firearms in metals).  I'll post a pic tommorrow.

Offline Jase

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 12:19:58 AM »

Offline nicklas_danielsson

• Journeyman
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 05:48:53 AM »
dame theas looking real good man.... :)
how many do you hawe in your arme?

Offline Jase

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 11:45:23 AM »
Three squads of 7 Trenchers - Sgt, Support weapon, 5 Rifles. This is the fourth repaint I've done on these models. These form the core of my Imperial forces. Others may go for the flashy special forces like the Wolfbanes or the Blood Berets, but give me a solid mud pounding Trencher grunt any day.

After the second squad I'm looking at repainting the Trencher Captain, Ordnance Officer, and 2 additonal support weapon troopers. Then once their done, I'll repaint my Hurricane.