Talaminiatures > General Discussions

Scale model sizes for wargames

(1/2) > >>

Jase:
I couldn't find any definite answers on this. Primarily I'm wondering what scale model sizes work with 28mm miniatures? I wouldn't mind getting a model of a MK IV Mother tank, modifying it with Warzone weaponry and making it a centre piece for my Imperials.

micmellon:
I have no answer regarding your topic but I would love to see such a model in an Imperial force.

Brother Jim:
I believe it's somewhere between 1/40 and 1/60, but I don't remember exactly.
I'm pretty sure that 1/35 is too large compared to the figures.

Lopis:
If I do the math right, it should be 1:60 to 1:70

Guy of approx. 170 cm (standard european) goes for 1700 mm. If he´s down to 28 mm  he is scaled pretty exactly the sixtieth part of his original size.

If you do that with 1800 mm Original downsized to 28 you should reach 1:64, so this would be a good guess.
If you go for a Person with another 10cm more for a helmet reaching 1900 mm now you reach 1: 68 and with a big guy and helmet reaching 2000 mm it is approx 1: 71,5

So my guess reach into the middle !

1:65 (that reaches the height of an average male from the netherlands with a height of 1,82 m)

;)

Just looked up the standards of the modelling range, take the common 1:72 models and you won´t be too far away (see above).

Jase:
Great, thanks for the help. I found the perfect model online through a local retail, have to put in a pre-order for it though

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version