Author Topic: little help for a possible newbie  (Read 6941 times)

Offline Moe

little help for a possible newbie
« on: May 14, 2012, 08:00:49 PM »
so ive tried twice now to form my questions into a well written paragraph and i have now given up and decide to just list them.

i have only played warzone once, with first edition rules. i have also never met anyone from the boards in person. if i decide to start playing is it ok if i come out to talamania on saturday?

second. if i am going to start playing i need to put together some kind or army. with price augusts sale this is a good time to start. brotherhood 2nd directorate is my first choice and ilian/horde would be my second. they appeal to me the most for fluff reasons. what size force should i look to get to? prince august has elite troopers, primates, sacred warriors, mortificators, and crucifiers available. whats going to give me the most versatile starting point at the most played force size? i still have crenshaw and an inquisitor sitting on my desk, so they're in already. im only looking to spend the 75 euros right now. thats my limit. if i dont give myself a limit i'll buy everything.

any help is appreciated. thanks.
ebay name- meislee

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: little help for a possible newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 09:11:32 AM »
so ive tried twice now to form my questions into a well written paragraph and i have now given up and decide to just list them.

i have only played warzone once, with first edition rules. i have also never met anyone from the boards in person. if i decide to start playing is it ok if i come out to talamania on saturday?

post on the talamania board you wish to come.
So Dave (the owner of the house) knowns.

second. if i am going to start playing i need to put together some kind or army. with price augusts sale this is a good time to start. brotherhood 2nd directorate is my first choice and ilian/horde would be my second. they appeal to me the most for fluff reasons. what size force should i look to get to? prince august has elite troopers, primates, sacred warriors, mortificators, and crucifiers available. whats going to give me the most versatile starting point at the most played force size? i still have crenshaw and an inquisitor sitting on my desk, so they're in already. im only looking to spend the 75 euros right now. thats my limit. if i dont give myself a limit i'll buy everything.

any help is appreciated. thanks.

if you can get up to a 1000pts your golden.
must games are between 500 (small, quick game) to 1000 (nice size battle)pts

also I known bill is bringing a brotherhood army so you can see frist hand how they play.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 03:17:50 PM »
There are more than enough miniatures here (Dave's house, Home of the Mad Cavemen Gaming Group and site of Talamania VI) for any who do not have figs.  Please, do come and learn, play and enjoy.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 06:06:12 PM »
Moe if your coming to Talamania I can bring a fully painted brotherhood army you could use.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline mooseduncan99

• This Space For Rent...
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 12:50:58 PM »
Hey Moe! (In my mind, I just said that in my Curly Howard voice. Try it, you'll giggle. Anyway...)

I'm new to Warzone as well, I can tell you that these guys are more than accomodating. I attended Talamania this year (my second one, third time playing Warzone), and got a little more of a feel of it. Any help getting off the ground you may need, these guys are a great help. Hope to meet up and play soon. Slainte!
Moose Duncan, Talamania's first and only Connect Four tournament director...

Homebase: The fightin' city of Boothwyn, PA

Offline Moe

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 03:34:54 PM »
yeah sadly i wasnt able to make talamania like i was hoping. i am still interested in putting some time in and learning how to play though.

and yeah moose i hear "hey moe!" in a curly howard voice too. i think everyone does. haha
ebay name- meislee

Offline nicklas_danielsson

• Journeyman
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 06:33:03 PM »
wher is this Group?
 ::)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 06:57:41 PM »
we're in the Pennsylvania, south of Philadelphia.  we have people who've driven across the country and flown from Europe to this get-together.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline nicklas_danielsson

• Journeyman
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 07:34:38 PM »
we're in the Pennsylvania, south of Philadelphia.  we have people who've driven across the country and flown from Europe to this get-together.

are you still Active whit this gett togeters?

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 06:59:43 PM »
Already narrowing down the dates, preparing the armies, trying to find vacation time and preparing the smack talk for it  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 03:03:23 PM »
Already narrowing down the dates, preparing the armies, trying to find vacation time and preparing the smack talk for it  ;D

...and Lo, the talk was much of smack, and the opponents were struck dumb!   

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad