Author Topic: New Warzone (merged thread)  (Read 339102 times)

Offline semai99

Re: New Warzone (merged thread)
« Reply #735 on: April 02, 2013, 06:48:36 AM »
Ohh I like the contents of the bits packs especially as some of the units are plastic/multi-part so will make conversion a lot easier than before.

A question about the cards in the Starters are they all the same for each starter deck? or is each starter deck slightly different for each force?
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline Oakwolf

« Reply #736 on: April 02, 2013, 11:26:13 AM »
Side note on necromutants: I can't see for sure if the Belzarach has its signature hand grip on top. Does it also come with the sectionner bayonet?

It is a very iconic weapon, so please don't modify it too much :)

---

The scorpion has a necron ring to it somehow. The torso is quite fine and has shoulder plate that would be fit for a Cuirassier...but the lower body doesn't ring right to me. I agree with the above that it feels over the top.

Last comment on unit name:  Chasseur is french means Hunter. Cybertronic picked that for its infantry class. That's all cool, but...i wonder what the name Everasseur refers to. Shouldn't it be Everchasseur to keep the meaning?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 11:30:03 AM by Oakwolf »

Offline Grinder

• In war, truth is the first casualty.
« Reply #737 on: April 02, 2013, 11:54:11 AM »
Found some cool pictures on Dakka

Offline micmellon

« Reply #738 on: April 02, 2013, 09:17:08 PM »
 :D  :D  :D
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline Oakwolf

« Reply #740 on: April 03, 2013, 04:04:12 AM »
Suggestion:

There could be a skirmish level game where you have a hero lead basic troops, rather than a warlord present in every game.

My point of view for this is that in smaller games with only 2 troop choices, super-heroes like Alakhai should probably wipe the floor with anything (just like Cardinal Dominic, for example). A normal hero like a Razide would perhaps be more balanced in comparison to the troops.

As well, having a warlord in every game will make it repetitive to some extent, so allowing heroes to lead smaller battles could help with that.

There's nothing wrong with the current charts posted, but i thought i'd suggest some variation.

Lastly but not least, from a setting point of view, it makes little sense to have Cardinal Dominic lead a 2-squad patrol on Venus, while a judicator would be a much more likely leader for such group.

Offline Prodos

« Reply #741 on: April 03, 2013, 04:13:02 AM »
Okenwolf, the Warlord is a designation. It can and often will be a mini that could be a hero in another game. And equally Alakhai for example could be a designated 'Hero', where another model is allocated 'Warlord'. The Warlord and hero are in effect hero/character slots, 1 of your 3 leader/heros will be the warlord. If you only have 1 then it will automatically be the forces warlord.

And also you can design your own heros/warlord, so you could use Dominic's mini to represent (e.g. Cardinal Bob, who has the same stat line as Dominic or Cardinal Bob who has your designed stat and equipment lines)

Offline Oakwolf

« Reply #742 on: April 03, 2013, 04:35:34 AM »
Thanks for the precisions on the "warlord" and "hero" slots...makes sense for me and is more interesting too.

I like the return of custom characters like in the first edition. This brings alot of tabletop RPG elements.

---

Any chances of seeing a tweaked up Golgotha? Like Raga mentionned, she lacks physical and sensual presence in the current render. Not to say it's not nice, but it doesn't "feel" like it's golgotha. The normal reaction when seeing her should be "oh ****". Comparing the 3d render with the artpiece, there is quite a difference in character. For now at least, i would consider using the original miniature over the new one, although it would definitely be leagues away from the plastic miniature that was done recently (tentacley stuff ).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:50:16 AM by Oakwolf »

Offline Oakwolf

« Reply #744 on: April 03, 2013, 08:53:01 AM »
The model looks amazing, no question asked.

If i remember correctly they used to be 2-seaters though? It doesn't really matter to me, personally...but i was not a capitol player.

Offline micmellon

« Reply #745 on: April 03, 2013, 10:35:26 AM »
Yes, there is a driver and a grenade guy.

In most cases the second guy was not much in use so I do not care if they will add him or not.

Offline aoi cobalt

« Reply #746 on: April 03, 2013, 01:58:47 PM »
The last set of rules (3rd Ed) the second guy made a great deal of difference.
One of you selections would make the Purple Shark not take the vehicle crits, as all your wounds became safe wounds.
"Bring your best dice or bring a good brick." - Thom

Offline Raga

« Reply #747 on: April 03, 2013, 10:22:37 PM »
The model looks amazing, no question asked.
If i remember correctly they used to be 2-seaters though? It doesn't really matter to me, personally...but i was not a capitol player.

I agree, the model is very good.

Prodos:
I am a Capitol player and I do not like 1-seater Purple Shark.
I am still playing Mutant Cronicles RPG and it just does not fit.
I would sooner accept 2-model squadrons of Great Grays than 1-seater Purle Shark.
Summary: Change the name to Great Gray and it will be okay :)

Golgotha really needs modification.
Important must-haves for Golgotha:
- Her figure should reseble ie. Sheeva from Mortal Kombat: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121115012006/mk/images/6/66/300px-Sheevamk9rendermki.png
- She does not need carapace armor - just thorns growing from her skin in several places
- Her clothes - rags covering her skin very tight but only on "necessary spots"
- Right hand from an elbow replaced by Necrotech Claw
- Horitsa's Spine on her back

« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 04:42:32 AM by Raga »
Let us drink to the power drink to the sound
Thunder and metal are shaking the ground
Drink to your brothers who are never to fall
We're brothers of metal here in the hall

Offline micmellon

« Reply #748 on: April 03, 2013, 10:48:11 PM »
That could be a nice option. Call them Great Grey or offer a two seated version.

I prefer the Great Grey solution because the design is awesome!
The endless long front is just too cool to kill  8)

Offline Oakwolf

« Reply #749 on: April 04, 2013, 05:05:59 AM »
Indeed, calling the model Great Grey would solve the issue entirely.

I agree with everything Raga said about Golgotha, even the linked pic would serve as better inspiration than Blizzard's Kerrigan (without the 4 arms of course :) ). Oh and she needs the Nepharite horns.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 05:56:22 AM by Oakwolf »