Author Topic: New Warzone (merged thread)  (Read 338996 times)

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
Re: New Warzone (merged thread)
« Reply #720 on: March 31, 2013, 07:46:57 AM »
I really like the Capitol Infantry.

After a couple of day, I am not "coming around" to the new Scropion.  I like the torso and head, and the portion of the tail with the gun looks fine.   The 8 legs and huge claws are too much, however.    I'd urge you to re-think this one.   

Again, I am liking so much more than I dislike.  The Scorpion is trying to do too much with the name, and less towards getting the lines right, and the troops to have a consistent feel.   

My .02... Feel free to take it or leave it.   If you end up staying with the current render, I'll probably buy one and kit bash something that looks more like the classic figure...but with the cool new tail and torso.   

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Cirith

• StygianBeach
« Reply #721 on: March 31, 2013, 07:56:06 AM »
I am liking the new Capitol look...

I would hope that there would also be some WW1 stye Rangers to back these guys up.
People willing to trade their freedom for security deserve neither and will lose both.

Offline kwegibu

« Reply #722 on: March 31, 2013, 06:13:05 PM »
Forgive me if this has been covered as I am late to this and I just have been skimming all the various posts and threads here and on the kickstarter / prodos website over the past few days. Also, been unable to get into the Prodos forums (my account is waiting to be moderator approved).

Does anyone know how stats are going to be released for this game? From what I have seen there is 2 books. 1 Rule book and 1 fluff book. Where are the force stats? All these models being offered in the kickstarter, are the stats all included in some sort of core forcebook thats part of the rules? Are the stats on cards distributed with the models?  I've mostly finished reading the rules but haven't been able to play any test skirmishes yet. The rules are clearly a work in progress :) Everything I have seen so far gives me high hopes.

As theorized on a previous thread, I have now confirmed that my  local game store is not likely to carry it unless they see a demand and it becomes widely played. They are still bitter about the last few times they carried it :(

Offline Grinder

• In war, truth is the first casualty.
« Reply #723 on: March 31, 2013, 10:34:00 PM »
I dont know if the stats will be on cards or in the book, i dont think this has been confirmed yet? But it will only be one book with fluff and rules.

Offline rob_alderman

• WARZONE RESURRECTION 2013
    • PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #724 on: April 01, 2013, 01:52:11 AM »
There is ONE, only ONE book being released in Kickstarter! I don't know where people are getting the 2 book idea from!  :P

It's a book that contains Rules and Background, thus named a 'Rules and Background Book', if it was multiple, it would be 'A rules and a Background book', or 'the rules and background books'...
Strange language is ours and easy to misinterpret. :)

Anywho!

All I can confirm for certain is that each miniature will come with a stat card. This will contain all the information you need to use that character. As for being in the rulebook, I have no confirmation on that.

Do try the rules, I hope you like them! They are a bit rough around the edges, but I believe Jarek has done a great job. Equally, the community has been great in getting involved with sending out constructive feedback.

There is also no confirmation as to whether this product will be available to LGS (that does not mean it will not, it just means it may not, especially not straight away). Your best bet would be to encourage gamers with demos of the Beta test rules, show off the new miniatures etc. Get people to pledge, even a small one for a faction and rulebook. Once they have them, play it at the LGS.

Offline micmellon

« Reply #725 on: April 01, 2013, 03:43:15 AM »
The confusion about the book comes most likely because of the phrase used in the Chasseur level.
It sounds like you get rules and a background book. It sounds like two books especially because in the lower levels they mention that they will get the basic rules as PDF.

I do understand that people gets confused by it.

I would love to see the stats in the book, too. Especially because a lot of my friends are skeptical and will give the new game a chance to play test the final version with the existing models.
If they are convinced they will start to buy the minis and to play the new game.

What does LGS mean? I could not find any translation of it. Do you mean retail?
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline semai99

« Reply #726 on: April 01, 2013, 05:49:40 AM »

I think he means "Local Games Store" or Brick & Mortar as the US usually says.

Enjoying the project thus far, but my wallet isn't  ;D
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline kwegibu

« Reply #727 on: April 01, 2013, 06:04:55 AM »
The confusion about the book comes most likely because of the phrase used in the Chasseur level.
It sounds like you get rules and a background book. It sounds like two books especially because in the lower levels they mention that they will get the basic rules as PDF.

I do understand that people gets confused by it.

I would love to see the stats in the book, too. Especially because a lot of my friends are skeptical and will give the new game a chance to play test the final version with the existing models.
If they are convinced they will start to buy the minis and to play the new game.

Semai99 is correct, I meant Local Game Store.

From a couple of pictures I've seen it was looking like faction stats are on stat cards. All though there are some advantages to this, I liked having them in a force book. Especially since you can play with them before their models get made :) Or proxy them for a game to see if you want to invest in that squad/unit. Not to mention the hundreds (actually, probably thousands) of dollars of mutant chronicles figures I already have could be used for play testing easier.

Offline rob_alderman

• WARZONE RESURRECTION 2013
    • PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #728 on: April 01, 2013, 03:09:06 PM »
These special Extra add-on packs are only available on Kickstarter. Some parts will be available on the plastic sprues (but these extras shown will be resin), such as legion shoulder pads, other things may be offered seperately as upgrade packs in the future (walker arm variants). Whereas other parts of the set may not be released again (e.g. head variants)

As with the other special dice, the capitol ones will be included in the first run of the appropriate starter sets and for a limited time as an add-on. Each design will be limited to 2000 dice. Once they have gone they've gone!

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #729 on: April 01, 2013, 09:01:57 PM »
Definitely happy to be picking two packs up now.  I am so happy to have a source for ARG-17s, the only time those ever surfaced in mini-form was Ducal Militia and Dragoons.  It will be nice to spice up some of my squads.  I almost want to grab an extra box each of V-Rangers and Hussars so that I can have equipment choices for every occasion now.

This also makes me excited to find out what extras we are getting in the new plastic sprues.  There are a lot of weapons from every army that got way too little love in model form so it will be nice to see options like that.

Offline Grinder

« Reply #730 on: April 02, 2013, 01:28:55 AM »
I just love these Weapon Packs, im love to convert models and these fit me perfectly. I will get one to to each of the factions i choose.

Just look att that lovely Nazgaroth :D

Offline Prodos

« Reply #731 on: April 02, 2013, 02:16:22 AM »
Indeed impresivo - only i still cant understand the new scale.
Because one thing i always liked about the old figures that they
looked way more toylike with their kinda fatness of 32mms.

We, Prodos and the IP holder both strongly believe that the market for SciFi miniatures demands a 28mm scale. Many people like to incorporate minis from different companies in their games (or maybe even old versions of new models  ;) ). From what I understand scale was not that consistent in older models for WZ, but our intent and understanding is and was that the ability to use old minis in WZR was wanted and from the minis I have from the old range I believe the new are scale-comparable, with at least the old minis that are not particully under or over sized.

Offline micmellon

« Reply #732 on: April 02, 2013, 02:32:13 AM »
As younger the models as smaller they got or the old models are bigger.  ::)

The last Bauhaus and Imperial figures were tiny in compare to the Brotherhood minis from the 1st edition. It was pretty much a mess regarding size in the old versions causes by the different editions.
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline Grinder

« Reply #733 on: April 02, 2013, 03:29:06 AM »
Now, when using different types of computer programs like Zbrush etc. Prodos will be able to maintain a consistent size level of all minis they release. From the pictures you have seen, this game will not be heroic 28mm like the old WZ and with new lipped bases. I like the GW / Heroic size of miniatures but i also like the new approach. It feels fresh, something new.

Offline kwegibu

« Reply #734 on: April 02, 2013, 06:36:04 AM »
If 3 or 4mm is the most people can find to complain about, things must be looking pretty darn good :) My least favorite was that Bahaus bike but then when prodos shared their inspiration for it I changed my mind. This has been very distracting. And will probably be very expensive. Especially when you take opportunity cost into account; I'll probably have to quit my second job to free up some time to play :) And find some opponents......