Author Topic: New Warzone (merged thread)  (Read 341032 times)

Offline rob_alderman

• WARZONE RESURRECTION 2013
    • PRODOS GAMES
Re: New Warzone (merged thread)
« Reply #645 on: March 23, 2013, 04:01:37 AM »

Dr. Diana - Commander. A new hero choice for Cybertronic, the battled wearied and scarred veteran of a hundred Warzones.

As the battle wearied commander studied the warzone via her uplink, her orderly approached. He didn’t wait for acknowledgement before placing the tablet in her hand. ‘What’s this?’ the commander asked, as she rubbed her shaven head.

‘Ma’am, the new batch of Diana neoclones are online.’ he stated blandly.

‘How many?’

‘532, Ma’am.’

‘What happened to the other 68?’ she asked with surprise.

‘42 were lost to cloning issues, 23 to cyborg enhancement failures’

‘And the other three?’

‘They were kept back by Dr. Diana DB72 to assist her’ he explained.

‘This will not do!’ she said angrily.

The commander’s optic blinked as she connected directly to the Cybertronic cloning lab leader. A second or two of static was replaced by a tinny voice in the Commander’s aural implant.

‘Ma’am?’ queried a voice.

‘Dr. Diana, explain to me why you have kept three of my units. Explain it now!’ she commanded.

‘Ma’am, as you may have seen the last batch had a higher than acceptable failure rate, I need assistance to resolve this.’ Dr. Diana DB72 said.

‘In future obtain permission before such a decision is made. However your request is retrospectively authorised’ the commander chastised her junior.

She cut the link before Dr. Diana DB72 could reply. The commander returned her gaze to her orderly.

‘When will the new units be ready?’ she asked.

‘They’re here now, ma’am. Shall I get two sent up as discussed?’

‘Yes!’

After a few minutes two twin-like women entered the command room. The orderly lead them to the commander and instructed them to report. ‘Diana Neoclone XQ27’, stated the first in monotone as the second gave her designation as ‘Diana Neoclone XQ34’. The commander studied them for a while with disdain  as she remembered back to her Neoclone days; days that seemed so long ago now. ‘Did I really used to look that beautiful?’ she asked herself, as she touched the long ugly scar on her age-wrinkled face.

‘I am Commander Dr. Diana B01’ the commander said ‘and you will assist me in the field tomorrow. If you survive you will be reassigned as Dr. Diana XQ27 and Dr. Diana XQ34 and become my permanent battlefield assistants. Report here for duty at 43:00 hours. You are dismissed!’.

There's also a whole load of new stretch goals. Mishima are now included too, along with a host of KS specials and extra units for the existing factions.

Offline Prodos

« Reply #646 on: March 23, 2013, 01:13:12 PM »
The first of the £90k Stretched Goals: The Capitol MegaCorporation's Martian Banshees. The other four units will be released each day from tomorrow.

And Mitch and his dog, Pride are released.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/513277403/mutant-chronicles-warzone-resurrection

Offline Doompup

« Reply #647 on: March 23, 2013, 01:16:30 PM »
Interesting. Not exactly classic Capitol, but interesting nonetheless. Not sure how I feel about the armor and the pointy protrusions off of the shoulderpads (unless those are actually part of the jetpack; can't really tell due to shadows). Kind of liking the formfitting leg and body armor style on this as well as Big Bob. Can't wait to see Mitch.

Offline micmellon

« Reply #648 on: March 24, 2013, 01:14:27 AM »
Can not wait to see them in detail!
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline Prodos

« Reply #649 on: March 24, 2013, 06:50:07 AM »
Today's Update: Today we add the Brotherhood's Inquisitors to the £90k Stretched Goal units.
Yesterday we announced the Capitol Martian Banshees
More tomorrow!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/513277403/mutant-chronicles-warzone-resurrection

Offline micmellon

« Reply #650 on: March 24, 2013, 07:15:05 AM »
just keep them true to the pic and they will be damm cool!

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #651 on: March 24, 2013, 09:10:09 AM »
Frazetta. In a Kickstarter project products are sent out after the Kickstarter has ended. Making minis is expensive and what they are doing now is raising the money to be able to start producing the stuff. The minis will be ready in June.

I have done a bunch of Kickstarters and this is how they all work.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #652 on: March 24, 2013, 11:30:19 AM »
All Kickstarters I have been on so far (just 3 though) have reached more than their goal amount. Bombshell Babes for example had a goal of $20k and ended up at $140k.

Games & Gears brushes had a low goal of £1500 and ended up at £62k.

I would guess that Warzone Resurection will end up quite high too.

Offline micmellon

« Reply #653 on: March 24, 2013, 12:11:48 PM »
Successful is the KS already in anycase but let us hope they get an amount at the end that is high enough to release all fractions from the beginning. It would be a shame to have them all except of Imperial from the start on.

Offline rob_alderman

• WARZONE RESURRECTION 2013
    • PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #654 on: March 24, 2013, 01:48:09 PM »
Very different. Sedition wars was run by Studio McVey, owned by Mike McVey who has had loads of previous experience in the gaming industry. He also had a successful company with backing to achieve the boardgame. Mike has worked for GW, Privateer Press and Crocodile Games, 3 massively successful companies where it is easy to pick up contacts through networking. I congratulate Mike on his success, and I have a huge amount of respect for the guy. 

Warzone Resurrection is run by a smaller company, creating a larger product. They are having to pay for licensing (which is a large part that sedition wars does not have to), concepts, sculpts, resculpts, more resculpts, even more resculpts, printing, 3d printing, more 3d printing, sometimes more 3d printing, rendering, master molding, production molding, packaging, graphic design, marketing etc etc etc...

It's a huge project, with huge funding required. Currently everything is being funded by Prodos Games with the intention of breaking even and eventually making a profit.

Prodos has been sending out early products to people they feel will use the miniatures for marketing purposes (popular bloggers and youtubers) and also to people who have assisted in the success of the KS and Prodos Games on a whole.

Hopefully WZR will end really high, and they will be able to grow the company further to achieve goals faster in the future. However, when you consider it is currently 4 people and some freelancers, they are doing really, really well.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #655 on: March 24, 2013, 04:50:17 PM »
Do peoples here at all receive some of their payd stuffs?
I understand when video games which are actually one product need such financial.
Only several miniatures should actually immediately be available!
(Design issues not counted in!)

Frazetta - I sincerely hope that this question is not being asked to cast aspersions on Prodos. You have seemed to have a problem with them since day one. IF I am reading more into this than is there I apologize but if you do have a problem with Prodos take it anywhere else but here. I don't know if Prodos wants drama on their forum but I KNOW the Admin here do not.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Prodos

« Reply #656 on: March 25, 2013, 04:08:06 AM »
Frazetta: Please let us know where you think we have been ignorant. Examples would be useful.

Offline Prodos

« Reply #657 on: March 25, 2013, 04:39:52 AM »
I dont want to get into an argument on this great forum. But again examples would be really good to illustrate your views.
And we haven't deleted or banned the older art, minis or rules. So everyone has more choice! New or old (in every aspect listed), why is that bad?

Offline micmellon

« Reply #658 on: March 25, 2013, 05:20:47 AM »
Let's get back to the track!

What is the next squad?

Offline Prodos

« Reply #659 on: March 25, 2013, 05:31:58 AM »
Thanks Micmellon.

We will be announcing the 3rd unit for the £90k stretch this evening! Its a new one!

And a big vehicle for the legion will be announced too!