Author Topic: New Warzone (merged thread)  (Read 341480 times)

Offline Jase

Re: New Warzone (merged thread)
« Reply #600 on: March 19, 2013, 04:07:16 AM »
Very fine those cyborgs designs and sculpts!
Only what on earth have these to do with Warzone?

Really?  ::)
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Oakwolf

« Reply #601 on: March 19, 2013, 04:53:35 AM »
The new armored chasseurs are a total revamp of the old concept and i believe they are much, much better. The old concept could actually be re-used for Reavers (top secret troops developped to fight other mega-corps and the brotherhood).

When i look at my enhanced chasseur miniature, and the artwork painting from the italian series, this new drawing is much closer, and modernized nicely. So it gets my thumbs up.

The AR3000 is back, this should be good news for the regular chasseurs.

A few units left, and it's good to go.

Priority #1 : The Cuirassiers. This unit is the military face of the corporation to some extent. A gentle giant of a killing machine.

I doubt it's possible to revamp the immortals and everasseur by now, since the models have been seen already, but there is hope for the rest.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 04:55:12 AM by Oakwolf »

Offline semai99

« Reply #602 on: March 19, 2013, 09:08:44 AM »
Now they are really nice models as Oakwolf said they look a bit like the artwork for the reavers, but I'll definitely be getting some of these if the models turn out like the drawings thus far.

I think I'm going to need a bigger cupboard  ::)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:52:39 AM by semai99 »
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline rob_alderman

• WARZONE RESURRECTION 2013
    • PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #603 on: March 19, 2013, 09:40:06 AM »

Well basically, the miniatures are going to be used in the Warzone Resurrection game, brought to you by Prodos Games who are faithfully restoring life into the aged Warzone License.

They are Cybertronic Chasseurs wearing heavier armour. This unit really brings together all of the Cybertronic designs.

It's great to see all the positive feedback from all the forums, I am really impressed by these minis!!!

Offline Horned God

« Reply #604 on: March 19, 2013, 02:05:35 PM »
Here's a random thought I'm sure no person alive would care about (the 800 lb gorilla in the closet); sarcasm  ;D

I saw the podcast on the kickstarter and the MC Universe rpg is starting up too and will take parts that worked from prior games and it sounded like a stat blocks for other games. I assume that means other rpg games. I vote for a great Mutants and Masterminds 2e and 3e write up but if you have to pick, just include the latest 3e version.

Now for that Gorilla!!!

Can you please include a point system with Warzone Resurrection. I know it can be done but honestly I feel in the past game producers purposely choose not to do that. Warlord includes a point system of sorts.

I might not be the ultimate point system guide, but a good solid core would be great. We know the models have a base stat line that costs 0 points, and then you add to them (or the base stat line costs 5 pts or whatever you want it to cost). We know 95% of all that is on the stat block and the special abilities is not that hard to point cost. It leaves that 5% of ethereal abilities like Stalk or Unseen Assailant or Shadow Walk. I like a standard cost increase, not using percentages, so +1 RC = +2 cost and +1 CC = +1 cost (as it should be stated clearly CC is only half as effective in a game based on long-range weapons). In fact, you might increase that to +1 RC = +3 or +4 cost and leave CC at +1 cost per point of CC.

Then for those ethereal abilities only (ethereal means hard to cost) you can make those percentage based. So a higher cost model with Stalk will cost more to field. If the model costs 100 points and has Stalk and another model has the same but only costs 62  points obviously if Stalk adds +25% cost to the model it will cost more based on the fact the base model costs more.

Weapons are simple to cost out you buy Range (or a range band category), and you buy Damage, and if it has template or other effects like Residual, then you buy all that. So a pimped out weapon like an Extreme range capable template blaster with both direct and indirect capable, and doing residual damage, well that obviously would be an expensive weapon as you buy all of that.

Verses a simple Assault Rifle, or a simple Sword. A sword would only need to buy the Damage, hence CC troops are inherently less costly. They are not as effective but they are much cheaper and you want that range and those uber template weapons, pay for them.

Such a system isn't really that complex, nor impossible to put on paper and print in the rules. AND it would only make the system more attractive to gamers.

I'm sure there are other approaches to costing out a model but that is how I saw it done in prior editions of chronopia/warzone (though they used this rather dumb percentage approach that gave oddball results, the percentage works for some things, but not as the standard base cost increase)

Best of all you can take that system and cost out official armies. One of the lamest parts of VOR was when they did a system and then the official armies included units that broke the printed system. The fix was to simply change those few units that did that and make them fit the system. So don't print the system and then give a particular unit or army some special break UNLESS that is their boon.

The other side of army construction force creation is each army has a boon or set of boons. A boon can be anything from 'force contains access to snipers' or spells, or cheap cannon fodder, or whatever you think is a boon. Each army has X number of boons. Now, this second part of army force construction doesn't have to be included, but the base model point costing should. The latter part takes more thought and involves building the standard MC forces off of it, for example I only remember one dark legion force with a sniper (the one based on madness) whereas most of the corps have one, though not equal access, capitol has much more than most.

Offline rob_alderman

• PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #605 on: March 19, 2013, 02:11:35 PM »
IIRC, there is going to be a balanced points system in place...

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #606 on: March 19, 2013, 03:36:38 PM »
IIRC, there is going to be a balanced points system in place...

Comment on the point system.   Getting a truly balanced point system is not a science, but rather an art.   I have yet to see a game that the point system worked well in all cases.

Please, please, please find some good rules lawyers and min maxers and challenge them to find the best point bargain in the troop lists.   Don't let reasonable and gracious players do this.  Let the most brazen griefers take this one on.   If they cannot "break" it, then the chances are that the system was pretty well designed.   

Otherwise, you will end up with some players who buy armies they like, only to discover that they are always beaten by the easy "killer combo". 

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #607 on: March 19, 2013, 05:44:56 PM »

Perhaps we could be enlightened with respectful criticism instead of sardonic comments? If not perhaps you should simply admit you have a problem with Prodos and then allow others to comment while you simply ignore these posts with a stoic disdain.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #608 on: March 19, 2013, 06:38:43 PM »
Well, those Armoured Chasseur have moved up on my must have list.  I fiddled around with the pledge budget, and I think I may be able to spring for them as freebies when all is said and done.  But they look awesome.  They put the 2nd Edition Chasseurs to shame and definitely have the feel I like in my Cybertronic units.  The appearance of the original weapons should also help some critics.

Part of me wants to convert one with two of the SMG-like guns from the original Chasseurs, add some ammo feeds and have the baddest looking Surveiler on the block.

I also love the re-imagining of the old-school Cyber shoulders.

I'm still a fan of the new-style stuff that is getting made, but these are a nice throwback as well.  I like them as a modernization effort more than the 2nd Edition Cybertronic range combined.

Can't wait to see how Prodos improve on Shock Troopers (generic gasmask dudes never did it for me).

I'm glad I'm using part of my pledge to beef up my Cybers, Prodos is doing a smashing job of 'em.

Offline rob_alderman

• PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #609 on: March 20, 2013, 01:14:57 AM »
MadBrad, trust Jarek. :)

He's been number-crunching and any rules that go in, only go in if there is a way to balance them. In the original playtests, we found that usually games came down to the last wound!!! It's a little different now, but it feels right.  :)

Offline Prodos

« Reply #610 on: March 20, 2013, 01:42:54 AM »
Today we unlocked Capitol! Big Bob Watts and his forces from the starter set are being 3D rendered as I write! We should be able to share in a couple of days.

So now we can announce that Mitch Hunter will be our £85k Stretched Goal! He is a Warzone favourite and we are really looking forward to seeing him in action very soon!

And finally, please see the image of the Undead Legionnaires below. The new guns and shoulder pads will now come in the starter sets and their Add-on boxes. We hope you like them (the additions for the other starters will be announced later today....

Offline Grinder

• In war, truth is the first casualty.
« Reply #611 on: March 20, 2013, 03:26:24 AM »
I love the new shoulder pads, but what will be in the Weapon pack and what will be in the starter pack?

And if you look att Agis picture i wonder if the new legioneries will be upscaled a notch in the final plastic production?

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #612 on: March 20, 2013, 03:39:22 AM »
Heh.....Brotherhood shoulder pads on the undead legionairres...love it  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Oakwolf

« Reply #613 on: March 20, 2013, 04:58:17 AM »
Definitely has good looks.

Not sure what the "special weapon" is, but it is ok, and i don't doubt tekrons could produce some small , almost one-use machine guns for the legionnaires.

One iconic unit leader is missing: the Centurion. We need them to field regular legion forces (as Razides are not that common, and Alakhai is..well, unique and on Venus :P)

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:02:57 AM by Oakwolf »

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #614 on: March 20, 2013, 05:29:45 AM »
Interesting cross between a WWI Lewis machine gun and a modern chain gun.