Author Topic: New Warzone (merged thread)  (Read 339138 times)

Offline rob_alderman

• WARZONE RESURRECTION 2013
    • PRODOS GAMES
Re: New Warzone (merged thread)
« Reply #255 on: February 17, 2013, 08:21:56 AM »
I don't know the actual reason, but I don't think it's that. Prodos would develop something new to fit into the 'starter box' for Imperials if there wasn't something suitable.

I actually think it might be saving the most popular until last, allowing the other factions to get their own exposure first. Honestly, I don't know though. As I've said before, I'm close friends with the guys, not an employee of Prodos. :)

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #256 on: February 17, 2013, 08:28:08 AM »
Every time I look at the Brotherhood they taunt me, why do they taunt me?!

Too many projects!  I suppose the plan of the day will have to be to back, check out the rules, talk it out amongst my friends and decide to stay or not.  Kickstarter is stealing my soul though. 

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #257 on: February 17, 2013, 09:40:01 AM »
Imperial has several options...a smaller scout or squad support walker maybe called the Spitfire to keep the theme, an upscale version of the Vermin with squad support guns,  or from history a small two man scout car with an armor piercing cannon or a new concept like a battlesuit of their own
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #258 on: February 17, 2013, 10:55:26 AM »
It would be neat if Capitol grabbed something like a grey shark and Imperial picked up a non-walker for their heavy support unit (a Necromower is actually a good idea).  Always nice to add a bit of unique flavour to each box.  Mishima is a shoe-in to grab the Meka (and I can't wait to see a new version of it).

Offline micmellon

« Reply #259 on: February 17, 2013, 10:57:28 AM »
In the "Fictional Reality" magazine they had a Bulldog battle suit for Imperial in the 2nd edition. It was some fan made unit.
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline Joe Kool

« Reply #260 on: February 17, 2013, 11:00:31 AM »
Yeah, I really do hope that if the Capitol level is reached we see a redo of one of the Sharks!
"Shut up Mr. Burton, you were not brought upon this earth to 'get it'."

Offline micmellon

« Reply #261 on: February 17, 2013, 11:01:27 AM »
For Capitol they could take Big Watts Bob as the heavy weapon support.

Offline Joe Kool

« Reply #262 on: February 17, 2013, 11:10:43 AM »
For Capitol they could take Big Watts Bob as the heavy weapon support.

I'd love to see an in scale updated version of Big Bob Watts!
"Shut up Mr. Burton, you were not brought upon this earth to 'get it'."

Offline micmellon

« Reply #263 on: February 17, 2013, 12:06:11 PM »
the first pictures of the mortificator is online!

Offline brynolf

« Reply #264 on: February 17, 2013, 12:12:36 PM »
Mortificators!  :D

Offline micmellon

« Reply #265 on: February 17, 2013, 12:15:43 PM »
thx! i could not link it!

Offline micmellon

« Reply #266 on: February 17, 2013, 12:24:54 PM »
i just double checked with the pictures. it fits 100%! perfect done!

Offline brynolf

« Reply #267 on: February 17, 2013, 12:40:23 PM »
Yeah, the Brotherhood stuff we have seen thus far has really been true to the originals.

Offline nicklas_danielsson

• Journeyman
« Reply #268 on: February 17, 2013, 02:34:54 PM »
 ;D ;D
Prodos seem to be a decent bunch and have been fairly responsive to criticism and concern, but a lot of people (not saying anyone here) have a gone a bit beyond reasonable criticism. Remember that the guys at Prodos are fans of the game as well. They played 1st Edition, 2nd Edition and even Ultimate Warzone and had fun with it. This is equal parts business venture and labour of love from fans of the property. It can't be easy to show off a concept and have a bunch of people crawl out of the woodwork to imply that they are just doing this as a cash grab and that they are destroying the soul of the game.

And as they said, they are running the concepts past Malmberg, the guy who created the universe we have loved for the last twenty years. If his blessing isn't good enough then I wonder what is. I know we all have our own conception of "how things should be", but how that looks can really vacillate from person to person. Cybertronic has had one of the least consistent looks over the life of the game and have appeared as everything from sleek, chromed cyborgs to dirty and industrial looking depending on the artist. Paul Bonner wasn't the only guy who drew Cybertronic and while a lot of people jump to him as the iconic Mutant Chronicles artist, I don't think we should devalue the work of all the other artists who constructed our conception of the game universe either.

In the "Fictional Reality" magazine they had a Bulldog battle suit for Imperial in the 2nd edition. id like to hear more about that..??
It was some fan made unit??.

Imperial has several options...a smaller scout or squad support walker maybe called the Spitfire to keep the theme, an upscale version of the Vermin with squad support guns, or from history a small two man scout car with an armor piercing cannon or a new concept like a battlesuit of their own
id like the thinking

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #269 on: February 17, 2013, 02:45:34 PM »
Agreed Nicklas.  Some of the Facebook posts are pretty over the top.   One guy is daring Prodos to make the same mistakes as everyone else did by not adhering to the strict sanctity of the WZ Pure and Chosen.   

Yeah, whatever that means....

I just want to state for the record, that I think Paul Bonner's art is not that great.    His way oversized weapons and steroid inspired "we have muscles on our muscles" style does not do it for me. 

If you believe his art is good, then fine.  Art is subjective. 

However, I personally am glad to see the new proportions of the figures that Prodos is designing.   And, if it deviates from PB, I think that in many ways, this is a good thing.   

My .02
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad