Author Topic: New Warzone (merged thread)  (Read 339007 times)

Offline Warlord

• THE WAY IS FORWARD!
    • 28mm World War II Wargaming at its finest...
Re: New Warzone (merged thread)
« Reply #120 on: February 09, 2013, 10:10:59 AM »
Horned owl - that is the picture that sums up the Razides, and if they can capture that feel they will have a serious winner on their hands! multi part, multi posed Razides - very cool!

Those guys mean business!
www.precisionmodeldesigns.com
www.Battlemart.com

Offline nicklas_danielsson

• Journeyman
« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2013, 10:12:57 AM »
I actually think the old version is better, I'm talking about version 2. The new model lacks a real Nazgaroth and feels small. A razide should be considerably larger than a human.

like the Picture and hope that they doing nice skulpts thats look like this somwhat.......

Offline Grinder

• In war, truth is the first casualty.
« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2013, 10:45:22 AM »
Yes, if thay are able to capture the feeling of that image, they will have a clear winner.

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2013, 12:36:44 PM »
The new Razide actually appears to be much larger than the old, I believe the grid squares are 1cm a piece.  So that puts it in at about 40mm tall or so.  The old sculpt wasn't terribly much taller than a human (just bulkier really).  I quite like the size of the new guy, should stand 1.5 to 2 times as tall as an average human, which seems about right for a Razide.

Offline rob_alderman

• WARZONE RESURRECTION 2013
    • PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2013, 12:53:08 PM »
Yep!

The legs are slightly more bestial on the new one as well.

I love that artwork, is it official or fan made? Anyone know who made that artwork is? It's loooovely!

Offline Grinder

« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2013, 01:11:13 PM »
Its fan made. I think the guy is polish. You should sign him to your new team.

Offline semai99

« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2013, 01:13:21 PM »
+1 for that artwork very grim  :)  I hope you do make them a bit bigger than the older ones
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2013, 01:13:39 PM »
Yeah, definitely a great piece of art.

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2013, 01:37:59 PM »
Absolutely! This is professional-level illustration.

Might be this one: http://perun-tworek.deviantart.com/art/shadowrun-troll-300033381
"How was I supposed to know he was an unarmed man? His back was to me."

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2013, 02:22:44 PM »
Enough with the Cybertronic and Legion mooks..MORE BROTHERHOOD! :D

Offline Warlord

• THE WAY IS FORWARD!
    • 28mm World War II Wargaming at its finest...
« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2013, 02:33:37 PM »
The new Razide actually appears to be much larger than the old, I believe the grid squares are 1cm a piece.  So that puts it in at about 40mm tall or so.  The old sculpt wasn't terribly much taller than a human (just bulkier really).  I quite like the size of the new guy, should stand 1.5 to 2 times as tall as an average human, which seems about right for a Razide.

The one is just bent way down, he is 2" bending and standing will be about 3" or so:

Looks like the one in the picture will be about the same height, maybe a little bigger?

I have actually been planning a game based on that picture with several Razides attacking a ruined city with skeletons strewed around in piles and loose ones scattered all about showing the massive extermination by the Razides. Forces (not sure which ones yet) fighting them back - it is called "ATTACK OF THE RAZIDES!"

We have made rules for "Lesser Razides" to be foot troops (painting about 20 of them) and the larger ones (various types) to be the anchors on their lines as support with Legionnaires as fodder, been painting/working on it for a while now.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 02:44:52 PM by Warlord »
www.precisionmodeldesigns.com
www.Battlemart.com

• Journeyman
« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2013, 05:00:44 PM »
Its fan made. I think the guy is polish. You should sign him to your new team.

i agree

• Journeyman
« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2013, 05:03:54 PM »
The new Razide actually appears to be much larger than the old, I believe the grid squares are 1cm a piece.  So that puts it in at about 40mm tall or so.  The old sculpt wasn't terribly much taller than a human (just bulkier really).  I quite like the size of the new guy, should stand 1.5 to 2 times as tall as an average human, which seems about right for a Razide.

The one is just bent way down, he is 2" bending and standing will be about 3" or so:

Looks like the one in the picture will be about the same height, maybe a little bigger?

I have actually been planning a game based on that picture with several Razides attacking a ruined city with skeletons strewed around in piles and loose ones scattered all about showing the massive extermination by the Razides. Forces (not sure which ones yet) fighting them back - it is called "ATTACK OF THE RAZIDES!"

We have made rules for "Lesser Razides" to be foot troops (painting about 20 of them) and the larger ones (various types) to be the anchors on their lines as support with Legionnaires as fodder, been painting/working on it for a while now.

that sounds Amazing pleas tell as how it goes and Pictures to

Offline Prodos

« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2013, 12:41:06 AM »
I can confirm the new Razid is a monster in every sense of the word. He is similar in size to a GW Ogryn or Ogre

Offline Grinder

« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2013, 02:51:55 AM »
It sounds good. Checked out your Facebook page today and become overjoyed when I see a large imperial mark. But it turns out that it is for the a new rpg. Damn I became disappointed.

But then I started thinking. If Imperial will be in the RPG, you probably have it in the figuregame as well and I dont think you would put a big mark of imperial if it was not in the game, that would have been just cruel  ;)