Author Topic: New Warzone (merged thread)  (Read 338977 times)

Offline Oakwolf

Re: New Warzone (merged thread)
« Reply #795 on: April 11, 2013, 04:07:17 AM »
The necromutants look good enough, just one thing:

Please give the Belzarach it's iconic look with the top handle. Currently they look a bit like Kratach'es, which they definitely aren't.  And the look is unmistakable on the field.

Those two rifles represent the dark legion's ability to produce mass cheap material as well as some surprisingly good quality weapons for their elite troopers.

Lastly: DL need a Centurion :D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 04:18:24 AM by Oakwolf »

Offline Grinder

• In war, truth is the first casualty.
« Reply #796 on: April 11, 2013, 04:38:10 AM »
Here is the firs pictures of the Armoured Chasseurs in Resin

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 12:21:38 PM by Grinder »

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #797 on: April 11, 2013, 04:27:03 PM »
Love the Praetorian Behemoth.  It has a very dynamic feel.  The old one looked blocky and very posed.   Necromutants are looking great, and I want a pack of Chasseurs to paint...right now!

Latest round of stuff is looking great!
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Prodos

« Reply #798 on: April 13, 2013, 03:32:18 AM »
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/513277403/mutant-chronicles-warzone-resurrection

£120k - Capitol Heavy Infantry - UNLOCKED

£125k - KS Limited Mishima Doomtrooper Tatsumoto becomes a playable hero, with the addition of four cards including a stat card.

£130k - Imperial Doomtrooper Blood Beret, (name to be confirmed). This model can be bought in multiple copies and will come with two weapon options (close and ranged). He will be fully playable in the game and can join any human faction as a hero. He can even pair up with Tatsumto or as a pair of Imperial Doomtroopers. He will come with rule cards, including stat lines.

We will make at least 1000 copies of this model, but if demand outstrips this we will meet the demand. He will cost £6.65 per copy, you can buy as many copies as you want.

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #799 on: April 13, 2013, 08:08:19 AM »
Love the re-designed Heavy Infantry.  I love that they aren't just slightly improved Infantry but look like they actually have their own role on the battlefield.  The two-tier infantry designs were always rather "blah" to me because they were basically just incremental improvements in stats.  I am liking the concept of them being different troop types with different roles and looks.  Though I think I like them having exclusively hand-held weapons a bit more.  But as I am not a Capitol player, don't give my thoughts on it too much weight.  Though those heavies are kind of tempting.

Also, I love that the helmet seems to be a re-design on the 2nd Edition full-helm a lot of Capitol troops wore.  It looks really good.

And thanks for the Imperial Doomtrooper, upped my pledge in anticipation of it (and a good idea, considering we are less than £1k off of it now).

Offline semai99

« Reply #801 on: April 14, 2013, 12:09:18 PM »
Will we make it to the Mishima Box set?  I hope so I'd love to see there take on the Mishima especially the Meka.
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline Horned God

« Reply #802 on: April 14, 2013, 02:10:31 PM »
I'm confused. Until we hit 125k that Mishima Doomtrooper could be bought but he wasn't playable? Why sell him then? That seems a bit odd to me.

I really do not like the idea of a kickstarter limited edition model. If you want this game to really take off, and people to commit. You will at some point at least a year after the game launches to re-produce any limited edition models or else create new sculpts for them so that if that unit exists in the game people have access to it and not saying "gee I wish I had this I would love to field it".

That is the incredible sin committed by Target and other produces of models. They would make us wait for like 10+ years for a Repulsar Marksman model, or many other models that seem to take years or over a decade to finally see. And some never produced. That is a SIN of miniature gaming companies you should not seek to copy.

Offline Doompup

« Reply #803 on: April 14, 2013, 04:03:10 PM »
I'm confused. Until we hit 125k that Mishima Doomtrooper could be bought but he wasn't playable? Why sell him then? That seems a bit odd to me.

I really do not like the idea of a kickstarter limited edition model. If you want this game to really take off, and people to commit. You will at some point at least a year after the game launches to re-produce any limited edition models or else create new sculpts for them so that if that unit exists in the game people have access to it and not saying "gee I wish I had this I would love to field it".

That is the incredible sin committed by Target and other produces of models. They would make us wait for like 10+ years for a Repulsar Marksman model, or many other models that seem to take years or over a decade to finally see. And some never produced. That is a SIN of miniature gaming companies you should not seek to copy.

Yeah, that kind of got me too. I thought the Mishima Doomtrooper was playable from Day 1.

As for the Limited Edition figures, eh; most mini/game companies have some variation of this. Perhaps a convention exclusive card or figure, or something like that. It's a nice bonus for the people who supported the KS project. I'd rather it was some new character or generic than a named character with huge popularity, like Valerie Duval or Mitch Hunter. Or then again, it might have been cool for the exclusives to be a variant/new sculpt of one of the popular named characters.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 04:10:37 PM by Doompup »

Offline Prodos

« Reply #805 on: April 15, 2013, 03:23:51 AM »
When one has an Afro, such a style is a very good idea (in my view at least)  ;)

Offline semai99

« Reply #806 on: April 15, 2013, 08:37:26 AM »
The new Banshees are really nice, also congrats on getting the 2nd extra fraction starter funded it will be interesting to see what you do with the Mshima and especially the Meka.

I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline micmellon

« Reply #807 on: April 15, 2013, 11:20:02 AM »
The masks of the Valkyries look really a little bit odd.
It looks more like Vultures then Valkyries  ;D
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline Doompup

« Reply #808 on: April 15, 2013, 01:50:00 PM »
The Banshees look deadly! Love'em!

Offline Grinder

• In war, truth is the first casualty.
« Reply #809 on: April 15, 2013, 05:01:46 PM »