Author Topic: New Warzone (merged thread)  (Read 341168 times)

Offline rob_alderman

• WARZONE RESURRECTION 2013
    • PRODOS GAMES
Re: New Warzone (merged thread)
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2013, 03:40:28 AM »
Hi Frazetta,

Cheers for your comment!

I think for Prodos, understanding the customers is very important. Too many companies these days have lost touch with their fanbase and because Warzone is so well remembered, it is important for Prodos to really keep an eye out on Customer Feedback.

I would call it serious business, but run by fans, for fans.

With that in mind, the releases will not be officially announced for a short while. Keep an eye out for the 15th of February for Prodos Games' next update though. It will be a good one!

Also, keep an eye out for the daily updates. :)

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2013, 04:08:12 AM »
Hi guys,

First off, thanks for letting me join the forum. I understand there have been a lot of issues with spam in the past.  :) Prodos Games have been desperately trying to register so that we can actually talk with you guys!

Secondly, thanks to everyone that has liked the facebook group so far, the more support Prodos Games get, the better they will be able to present Warzone Resurrection.

Thirdly, I am friends with the guys that own Prodos, I am the messenger. Check elsewhere and you'll see.

Anywho!

This is what I posted elsewhere:

Q. Are the old miniatures making a comeback?
A. No, these are completely new miniatures, with a great effort to bring them in line with modern designs, whilst still keeping in tune with the original artwork which WILL be used again as it hasn't aged like the miniatures.

Q. Who is behind Prodos Games?
A. Some folks from the UK who were big fans of the original game that felt disappointed when the game died. We've worked really hard to get this liscense and it's important we do it justice. We also understand the disappointment that failure could bring customers and every effort is being made to ensure the success of this project, with a modern market being kept in mind at all times.
Jarek Ever and Mark Rapson are the driving force, with a supporting base of friends, including professional Miniature Designers, Rules developers, Graphic Designers and writers. We're a creative group of mates!

Q. What scale will the miniatures be?
A. Heroic 28mm. Modern standard (i.e. GW, Warmachine, Malifaux, Dark Age, Etc)

Q. Can I still use my old miniatures in the new game?
A. Yes indeed, but given the new designs, you won't want to!

Q. What material are the models made of?
A. High Quality Plastic and eventually Resin too, but they are going to be priced accordingly. This is going to make the game very accessible, but still have a 'hobby' aspect rather than pre-painted, collectable (as has recently been attempted with the Mutant Chronicles Liscense).

Q. How will the miniatures be produced?
A. An odd one, but important. These are 3D printed... I know, I know, WHAAAAAT?! But 3D printing looks F*** ugly and the texture is horrible! Well, last year a new printer was developed that creates beatiful, smooth textures in high quality plastic, replicating the 3D sculpt perfectly. Not only are they incredibly cost effective, but the material is still high quality, check out the pictures on the facebook page (you don't have to be a member to view AFAIK).

Q. Is Prodos Games affiliated with FFG or Prince August?
A. No, not at all. Prodos Games, as fans of Warzone 1st, 2nd and 3rd edition felt diappointed by the FFG offering and also feel that to make Warzone thrive again, they must make up to date sculpts that are still true to the artwork and storyline.

Q. What are the rules like?
A. Still in last stages of Development. All I can say is they are D20 driven.

I hope that helps you out, please keep asking questions and those of you that do have Facebook, please follow this link: http://www.facebook.com/WarzoneResurrection#!/WarzoneResurrection?fref=ts

A website is in production, but there's nothing there at the moment. Keep an eye out, but I will make sure to keep you updated.
http://warzonegame.com/warzone-resurrection/
Despite was said by others members, I think a totally revamp of the old concept is a very good thing. IMHO, if you will use the old concept and old artwork the game will rise just old. I think the old design was very good in '90 years, but now is very obsolete. Also, this new company cannot survive with "filling" hole in WZ rage, but must make new miniatures, with fresh design and try to find new hobbyists, so the new design must match the new taste. What I see now is a nice compromise between the old WZ and a new modern look.

My only concern is regards Paradox license terms. Hope you guys find a better agreement, years ago I contacted him and terms and conditions was very bad.

In any case, good look with your projects and long life to warzone :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:11:27 AM by Francesco »

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2013, 09:53:18 AM »
As for what will happen to Prince August, I couldn't say as I do not know!

I have no affiliation with PA.  However, a couple of educated guesses.   

They purchased the stock from Target (not Excelsior).  So, they probably would continue to sell what they have, until the market dries up.

With the new WZ, I suspect they will sell for a while, and then they will dispose of the remaining stock when the sales drop off. 

It might be a good idea to contact PA and see if they might be a good partner for release of the new figs. 

As for my comment about being dissapointed with new figures in the WZR range, please take that as a "I'm a guy who is set in his ways, and things that any line of figures has their share of magnificent figures, and a few "duds"."   Overall, I think the new line will look good, and with new miniatures sculpting tools and tech, I am positive they will look better than the old fis.  I especially want to see new B-Hood troops that will help me forget the 1st edition troopers.   Sgt, Big Head is my least favorite of all the WZ range.  Also, the vehicles from the 1st edition where pretty Mah.   The Clown Car was a travesty.   The Hurrican Walker and EDD need and update, but at least looked good on the battlefield. 
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Warlord

• THE WAY IS FORWARD!
    • 28mm World War II Wargaming at its finest...
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2013, 10:47:40 AM »
Hi guys,

<SNIP>
Q. Are the old miniatures making a comeback?
A. No, these are completely new miniatures, with a great effort to bring them in line with modern designs, whilst still keeping in tune with the original artwork which WILL be used again as it hasn't aged like the miniatures.

Q. Who is behind Prodos Games?
A. Some folks from the UK who were big fans of the original game that felt disappointed when the game died. We've worked really hard to get this liscense and it's important we do it justice. We also understand the disappointment that failure could bring customers and every effort is being made to ensure the success of this project, with a modern market being kept in mind at all times.
Jarek Ever and Mark Rapson are the driving force, with a supporting base of friends, including professional Miniature Designers, Rules developers, Graphic Designers and writers. We're a creative group of mates!

Thank you for the statement, what was said above is what I am VERY happy to know. I think it is very important to be very honest here and “keep it real” yet respect one another’s opinions. The Cybertronic is a very neat concept but it has a very “Chaos Space marine” feel to it – does not mean it won’t work or not a good looking concept, nor does it mean I wont buys a bunch of them if the new creators go that direction because there is much more to be seen - but just my thoughts and input – Warzone is one game like many I really fell into the back ground and concept with and been playing/collecting every since with my two sons who also play and collect to this day.

I totally agree that the miniatures need to be revamped and totally looking forward to seeing the new stuff but I really would like it to see it remain true to its genre and origins (at least in some ways, it could be options to add in plastic kits??) but it sounds exactly what you guys are doing anyways – a lot of the new stuff today all pretty much looks very similar with a “twist” you know.

I wish the new guys all the best and it is great to know that they are fans and are working on it as well. Good luck and keep it coming!

Warlord
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:51:53 AM by Warlord »
www.precisionmodeldesigns.com
www.Battlemart.com

Offline RLEE

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2013, 10:52:08 AM »
will there be an effort to get product to FLGS (what few remain) or will this be a internet order only kind of business?

I know the website goes live on the 15th dose that mean we can order product on the 15th? if not and lets say there is a crowd funding kind of campainge that happens, when would we, the customer, expect to see actual models in hand?

If your going with the traditional method of releasing models every month, as opposed to kickstarter, how many releases would be out each month? what would the "waves" be like something for each faction or one army this month and one army next month.

in addition to cybertronic and dark legion which faction are going to be released?

will the rules be one book includes everything like ultimate Warzone, or one main rule book followed by faction book. which it seems is the plan for every other miniature company?

Warzone never really had tanks, light vehicals yes but things like "the grizzly" weren't really practical in skirmish games. will WZR have larger support like medium tank and larger?

will there be new never seen before units and characters and can you give a little insight to what we might expect to see?

oh and where is the new sneak peek for today?

Love everything I've seen so far. really looking forward to getting into this version

Offline rob_alderman

• PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2013, 11:28:11 AM »
There's questions I really want to answer, but cannot just yet! :)

Wait until the 15th and more will be revealed.

I'm really pleased you guys have responded so positively. :) Thanks for being so welcoming.  ;D

Anywho! An exciting update! Any guesses?

Offline micmellon

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2013, 11:37:06 AM »
The rocket launcher of the scorpion.
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline Bobban

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2013, 12:00:44 PM »
Keep up the good work - I hope you know how many hearts are pumping with excitement for this. I can't stop thinking about this reboot and the possibilities! I was into doomtrooper back in the day here in Sweden but was way too young to really get inte the RPG or Warzone (born in 1988). A couple of years ago I rediscovered my old cards and really got obsessed with the MC universe and have been trying to get my hands on all of the good old stuff (including miniatures). It's been a "relic hunt" - until now. If this goes well it could become a viable game system again and I would love to be able to play it with my friends! Maybe I'm optimistic or naive, but I'm hyped as hell for this!!!

Offline rob_alderman

• PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2013, 12:12:11 PM »
I thought this might be worth pointing out too!

*Disclaimer* Final dice for Warzone Resurrection may differ from those shown. This is just a stock image. However, 20 sided will not change...

As for excited hearts, 526 likes on the facebook page and counting!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/WarzoneResurrection?fref=ts

Offline rob_alderman

• PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2013, 12:51:47 PM »

:D

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2013, 01:56:48 PM »
Off on the right foot!!  Good move not changing the scale of the game and alienating the fans of this setting. 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2013, 02:00:14 PM »
Thanks for posting here and welcome to this forum Rob. While I like everyone else would like to know everything at once what you write gives hope that this will be good.

I especially like that you recognize the need to modernize the design of models. The miniatures hobby has really evolved since Warzone and while the old sculpts were ok or even good for their time they have aged. The previews you have shown so far look promising.

I also hope that the rules will be updated as well and that you do not feel too constrained by the past on that front either. While I think that there are a lot of good things in the rules of older editions there are also weaknesses especially when game size goes up matches can take a long time.

Make us a good game and then even us old cynics will be happy (and those who don't like the new rules can at least enjoy getting new minis or vice versa).  :D

Offline semai99

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2013, 01:08:00 AM »
I'm liking those new Cybertronc figures a lot...  ;D
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline Pollo

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2013, 08:09:52 AM »
Hi rob_alderman!
Italian players are really excited about the new Warzone!
I'd like to tell you my expectations for this new edition of our favourite game:

1) I hope the rules will be clear and exhaustive. The Ultimate edition had really big issues on this.
2) I hope the background and the "canon" will be respected. All products since 2nd edition twisted various aspects of the original setting... and fans were really disappointed. I think it is one of the most relevant causes of the "descent into failure" of Mutant Chronicles.
3) (connected to 2) I hope the restyling will not betray the mood of classic illustrations. Most of the fans I know were intrigued by Mutant Chronicles thanks to Paul Bonner illustrations and such. Looking at the sneaky peeks, I have some concerns about this... maybe I am just too nostalgic; but which MC fan is not?  ;D
4) I hope the game will be easy to acquire for non-English players. Since there are no longer local official distributors of MC products (or at least I think so), this is a key factor for the diffusion of the game.
5) I hope the rules will be tested for different kinds of match, from true skirmish games (5-10 miniatures) to big battles (30+). Duration of battles and table dimensions is a big problem for many groups; if the rules would allow fast and balanced games for each range of army dimension, that would be a big help for a lot of unlucky players that do not have quite space or time.

Thanks for the attention!

P
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 08:22:52 AM by Pollo »

Offline Warlord

• THE WAY IS FORWARD!
    • 28mm World War II Wargaming at its finest...
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2013, 08:49:07 AM »
This is so awesome seeing all the BUZZ for Warzone!

Its Alive, its ALIVE!!
www.precisionmodeldesigns.com
www.Battlemart.com