Author Topic: New Warzone (merged thread)  (Read 342820 times)

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
Re: New Warzone (merged thread)
« Reply #240 on: February 16, 2013, 11:16:14 AM »
¡Vulkan much better!

And this is new Everassur great Redesign

I did not like the look of the old one, the bucket head, especially!  

The new one is a nice improvement!   I personally do not like the open mouthed grimace, and the shoulder and forearm pads could be shaved back a bit - not too much, but just a bit to make the proportions work even better.    

However, once again, thanks to the Prodos guys for listening to the feedback!     This re-conception of the figure definitely keeps the old "lines", but brings the proportions up to a much less exagerated, and overall sleeker look.      

As suggested on the FB site, calling this a Curassier would bring the designation into line with the Napoleonic references used by Cyber in the classic literature.   And, you could call the Chasseurs something else.  Legere, maybe? - Napoleonic designation for infantry.  

These are suggestions only, and I think youProdos has been taking the right direction.  

« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 11:19:34 AM by MadBrad »
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline rob_alderman

• WARZONE RESURRECTION 2013
    • PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #241 on: February 16, 2013, 12:11:09 PM »
I would call it a Carabinier... I really like it.

Don't take Jarek's comments personally. He's a lovely guy and it's hard not to like him in person. He is as passionate as anyone else about Warzone and has just expressed his opinions. If you don't like a design, don't buy it, or make some constructive criticism. He does take on board evey suggestion he sees as you can tell by the design changes Bauhaus are going through (you realise this does cost money... Concept art isn't free!) and the 'Everasseur' redesign (again, not free!).

It's all coming along really well, I seriously can't wait to see how Bauhaus end up, but it sounds like it will be gooooood!

Offline Joe Kool

« Reply #242 on: February 16, 2013, 12:12:04 PM »
I am ecstatic that Warzone will get another chance at life, I also think that some updating of the designs is great as long as the MC Warzone "feel" is kept in those updates.

Shoulder pauldrons are a must to keep that iconic feel. That said they can be toned down to a manageable size to allow for a more realistic range of motion for the troops.

I think some real respect must be made for the original artwork that made the MC universe so popular, lets not forget is was not the visuals of Warzone that made it die, it was mostly due to poor management that killed the game compounded with ill will to the IP by game shops that were burned by Target games. It has been long enough now for most of that ill will to be gone or forgotten.
"Shut up Mr. Burton, you were not brought upon this earth to 'get it'."

Offline micmellon

« Reply #243 on: February 16, 2013, 12:26:26 PM »
Yeah! That Everassur is a bomb! I love the new Warzone every day a little more.

It looks like they understand our critics like we meant them. Constructive and as a full support.

I would love to see at the Vulkan a nice Gatling gun. Just an idea. Maybe as a weapon option.

The new helmet examples are great, too.

I like the helmets Nr. 4 and 8 but the gasmask Nr. 1 and 2.
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline leutenantbrittan

« Reply #244 on: February 16, 2013, 12:52:05 PM »
I guess I have been one of the haters thus far but the revised design for the Cybertronic and Bauhaus stuff has really begun getting me to revise my opinions.

The Everassur is far better than the previous concept they produced and if they could tone down the gun a little or better yet replace it with some classic Cybertronic weaponry, I would be very happy. The only other slight niggle with the new design is the feet seem a little bit soft.

Offline leutenantbrittan

« Reply #245 on: February 16, 2013, 12:54:02 PM »
Oh and I second the call for a gatling gun on the Vulcan along with a decent grippy fist!

Offline Prodos

« Reply #246 on: February 16, 2013, 01:03:33 PM »
 Top kick, just to confirm what others have said here, Jarek meant nothing more than Prodos games will take a different route to Target, Excelsior and FF with the IP. We know all 3 previous endeavours failed for 3 very different reasons. We want WZR to succeed, just as we did with previous incarnations because we love The MC fluff. There is no sneer, nor will there ever be from us! Jarek is a passionate guy and some of the negativity got to him, that is all. I hope that helps.  Mark

"my blood is boiling and heart is broken .... and who said how Cybertronic should looks like ? Paul Bonner - drawing guy?? or Mr. Fredrik Malmberg, creator of Mutant Chronicles, who approves all our concepts and so far he loves them!" - Jarek Ever

Just saw this over on the Resurrection page at Facebook in the thread about the Everassur. He goes on to make a valid  point that there must be content and fluff introduced to make this version different but it reads like a half explanation and half sneer at what we have done.

....please bear in mind, Warzone died, 3 times... and we won't follow previous license owners paths! There must be content of new stuff abd a small bit of fluff. After all we are making Horror- Sci-Fi game not D class Sci-Fi - Comedy - Jarek Ever

Not sure how I feel about all this and rather than start a war on their page I am hoping some of the more level headed people here who have kept me from blowing a fuse in the past will help me work past what I feel is a swift kick to the nads.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #247 on: February 16, 2013, 02:00:09 PM »
Thanks Prodos for your explanation. I have no qualms with whatever direction you go and understand reacting to negativity. I also am appreciative of your response to feedback which is why Jarek's response jumped out at me. I try to give both respect to your efforts and honest constructive feedback. My request is that instead of lashing out the Prodos team respect the efforts that have been done by those who were involved in the prior efforts. My fear is that Jarek's comments, made in anger, reflect a previously hidden contempt for those previous efforts
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Grinder

• In war, truth is the first casualty.
« Reply #248 on: February 16, 2013, 03:01:54 PM »
The new Everassur is crazy cool, I hope we will get the opportunity to buy it and Cardinal Dominic separately on Kickstarter.

Offline Joe Kool

« Reply #249 on: February 16, 2013, 03:25:03 PM »
Saw this on Dakka and thought it should be here as well!

They look great, but I have to ask why on earth are they armed with Kratachs and not armed with Belzarachs?
"Shut up Mr. Burton, you were not brought upon this earth to 'get it'."

Offline brynolf

« Reply #250 on: February 16, 2013, 06:45:26 PM »
I like the new Everasseur or whatever it is. A bit top-heavy, perhaps. But the Robocop-esque head is awesome! I really like the mouth.

Offline Jase

« Reply #251 on: February 16, 2013, 07:42:01 PM »
I'm liking these necromutants! Reckoning that Cybertronic and the Dark Legion will be the starter forces I pick from Kickstarter!
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline leutenantbrittan

« Reply #252 on: February 17, 2013, 04:11:54 AM »
The Necromutants do indeed look good but as already mentioned they have the wrong gun! Bring on the Belzarachs!

Offline brynolf

« Reply #253 on: February 17, 2013, 04:27:33 AM »
Well, Kratachs don't have that top handle. I think its a mix between belzarach and kratach. Not that it matters to me. I never liked the idea of DL weaponry always looking the same.

by the way... a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di7mzq9EOOg

Offline micmellon

« Reply #254 on: February 17, 2013, 04:38:42 AM »
When I look at all then starter packages I understand why IMPERIAL is missing.

The structure is always: A bunch of cannon fodder, a hero and a heavy weapon platform.
The heavy weapon platform is a weak point in IMPERIAL. Heroes and cannon fodder can be provided.

The Hurricane Walker is too much.
Then there are three options left:

The Necromower but it is a wheeled vehicle and I think you want to leave that for later.
The Ram Air Cav. is a flying unit and maybe a vehicle, too. This is one more time a very special unit.
The last option would be to make something new. At the moment I would prefer this option but what would fit???
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 05:24:54 AM by micmellon »
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night