Author Topic: New Warzone (merged thread)  (Read 342765 times)

Offline nicklas_danielsson

• Journeyman
Re: New Warzone (merged thread)
« Reply #180 on: February 13, 2013, 02:50:31 PM »

I just had to double check if you guys can see this too! It appears you are allowed. :)

yeey now its Close................

:P

Offline Grinder

• In war, truth is the first casualty.
« Reply #181 on: February 13, 2013, 03:47:39 PM »
Here's a head variant and a tiny tiny sneak of a hero:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cardinal Durand in action??

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #182 on: February 13, 2013, 05:28:15 PM »

Very nice!   The lines and proportions are outstanding!    I hope that every figure you end up doing matches the lines of the old, with the proportions of the new.   

Keep up the excellent work!
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Brother Jim

« Reply #183 on: February 13, 2013, 09:52:37 PM »
I prefer the second Brotherhood helmet.

Will the guns be similar to the existing guns?
Or will I have to mentally abuse my OCD into submission and tell it "the guns are functionally identical while being cosmetically different".

Oh. Dang, it's fighting back already. Headache starting. Aspirin inbound. :-[ :'(
Fear my ability to teleport hand grenades into your pants..........without the pin or spoon !!!!

Ebay alias: sweettooth32

Offline Pollo

« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2013, 05:10:03 AM »

Offline semai99

« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2013, 08:03:01 AM »

I prefer this mouth piece on this brotherhood trooper than the other with the O mouth.  Only 8 hours to go to see what its all about...
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline Grinder

• In war, truth is the first casualty.
« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2013, 11:03:43 AM »
New sneak peek

Offline MCmutant

• Journeyman
« Reply #187 on: February 14, 2013, 11:37:06 AM »
oh my god!!!

So happy they stayed true to the original :) I hope they continue to do that with other iconic heroes and villains.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 11:39:49 AM by MCmutant »

Offline micmellon

« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2013, 11:49:58 AM »
True! Great! Awesome!
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline Prodos

« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2013, 03:57:57 PM »
http://warzonegame.com/

Dear Mutant Chronicles Warzone Fans.
Firstly we would like to thank you for all the support and excitement you have shown for ‘Warzone Resurrection’. We are truly blown away by it! We would also like to thank you for your constructive feedback, which has helped us tread the fine line between the old and the new. We are very proud and excited by what has been produced and we hope you are too! After all - you’ve kept the dream alive for the last 20 years.

So as we promised, today is the day… the big reveal! What does that mean? Well, firstly we are able to present the three factions we have decided to lead with, namely Dark Legion, The Brotherhood and the MegaCorporation Cybertronic. It is also the day we launch the ‘Kickstarter’ project to finance the fourth faction MegaCorporation Bauhaus.

We understand some people are not keen on the concept of ‘Kickstarter’ and as such wanted to explain a couple of things.
1.   We intend for all products we have developed so far for the first 3 factions to be available in June 2013. The Kickstarter project (its success or failure) will not affect these plans.
2.   We have a stretched goal for ‘Kickstarter’ which will allow us to manufacture the ‘starter boxes’ in plastic. If we do not meet this the starter will be made (like the rest of the initial releases) in high grade resin.
If you do not wish to support a Kickstarter project, but still want a Warzone Resurrection force (or two), you will be able to pre-order them from our website (warzonegame.com), after the Kickstarter, to receive in June. Or you can order them for near-immediate delivery after the release date from the same site.

We also intend to sell through FLGS. So if you know one that you think should stock Warzone Resurrection, let us know!
Another key thing is that we have designed a new game system; one that like everything else in Warzone Resurrection is a mixture of old and new. Key to this is the skirmish approach and the D20 of old, but we have also incorporated algorithms from computer game programming (for balance) and card play (to represent environmental, wargear and personnel effects on the battle). But be assured, Mutant Chronicles Warzone Resurrection is still primarily a tabletop 28mm scale miniature skirmish game and a very good, exciting and gripping one at that!

Kind Regards and Happy Gaming
Jarek, Mark and Michal (Prodos Games Ltd.)

Offline Warlord

• THE WAY IS FORWARD!
    • 28mm World War II Wargaming at its finest...
« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2013, 06:00:57 PM »
Hey guys, your thoughs on the Bauhaus concepts:

Vulkan Battlesuit

Bauhaus Hussars

Angelika Drachen - Suspected to ba a Ranger (skull type helm)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 06:04:15 PM by Warlord »
www.precisionmodeldesigns.com
www.Battlemart.com

Offline Lancelot

• Administrator
« Reply #191 on: February 14, 2013, 08:23:06 PM »
Umm...No.  Hate to say it but compared to the other stuff they're showing, thats downright bland. The DL and Brotherhood look good and Cybertronic is in right direction but these designs lost points. If they're going with "traditional " story of MC then the idea is a RETRO- science fantasy then these need LOT of work. Each faction should have look that instantly identifies it with that faction. Though i like they got away from the "oversized shoulder pads syndrome" Bauhaus should have more Russian /German combo look. The hero figure is a little more in right direction, but the battlesuit  and trooper look way too much like generic "baddies" from any number of video games.

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2013, 08:27:00 PM »
Seeing a close-up of the Hussar, I actually like it a lot more than the tiny, head-on look.  I like the overall look of the helmet.  Very smooth and storm-trooper-esque (which is a great look for 'em).  I also have to admit, though I am a fan of the classic Bauhaus weapons, I love the look of the redesigns.  That LMG is beautiful.  The Vulkan also looks really nice (I like the HMG redesigns, not as over-the-top as the ever-present gatling gun, more along the lines of a smoothed-over Nimrod).  I just hope a few helmet spikes are thrown in for old times sake.

And that character is awesome.  Light armour on a female model without it being skimpy or revealing?  Count me in (and I love the helmeted version too).  She makes this a must have if she can get translated to the mini-form well (and you guys seem to have a knack for that).  One of my favourite female minis in a good long time.

Edit - I'll also have to check the MC Bauhaus sourcebook when I get home.  But I think skull cresthelms were for more than just the Rangers.  It may have been a more general special forces helmet (especially depending on colour).  But my memory fails me right now.  And with a lot of these designs pegging off of 1st Edition and Mutant Chronicles, it is probably a good source to go for when making baseless guesses. :D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:12:08 PM by Durandal »

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #193 on: February 14, 2013, 11:11:54 PM »
I went ahead and backed it because a real gamer can never have too many projects going on. I hope the Kickstarter is successful and that you reach the stretch goals (more units yes please :))

Offline leutenantbrittan

« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2013, 11:14:11 PM »
Sadly depressed to be honest!

They just look nothing like Bauhaus should!

All the best!