Author Topic: Barrage.. of questions..  (Read 4314 times)

cerealkiller195

Barrage.. of questions..
« on: February 15, 2006, 07:49:30 PM »
hey everyone, i was on the older forums about 2-3 years ago and had a couple of questions i would like answered if possible.

first will EE be at gencon? and/or will there be a tournament? i've been going for the last 2 years and i haven't seen anyone play warzone, though i admit most of my time was spent getting free stuff.

whats the tournament standard pts size?

what are the most common armies?

whats a good army for a someone who is starting up?

i'm asking all this because i am int erested in playing though i dont have an active group that ants to play. also i dont have a car (poor college student) so i can't make it to most anywhere. if there is some sort of gathering at gencon (either tournament or casual play) i would like to have an army i can bring and play with. If i play it a handful of times and its fun its well worth it in my opnion. so am i nuts or what?

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

Re: Barrage.. of questions..
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 08:49:59 PM »
1.) Can't say for sure they'll be thier since I don't work for EE, but as far as I know they plan on it, and their have been Warzone tournaments at the last several Gencons If only I didn't live on the wrong side of the country I would have got a chance to play.

2.) pt Size depends on the event and what the event organizer has planned.

3.) They're all about equally common, though I don't hear about too many armies from the tribes of earth.

4.) Get the rule book. Its got the complete army lists for every force as well as tons of fluff, after that pick one you like because they all have similar learning curves, and after that its just about style and preference.

Put up a post in the player locator, somebody near you might be starting up a game and need players, that way they can at least send you a PM.

Lastly welcome to the forum!

cerealkiller195

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 09:05:31 PM »
yeah i have the book and i've been flipping through it. i was thinking of either horde army or a cult army. not sure right now as i have to get a better look at the minis. i'm more or a painter/modeler than actual player. i tend to like horde type armies w/ a focus of hand to hand though i do like versatility.

i've seen the maplewood hobby crew post up, the only problem is with no car and fulltime college and part time work my time to actually play is quite limited.

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 04:24:55 AM »
where in jersey are you? depending on where, it might be possible for someone to pick you up.

cerealkiller195

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 04:28:22 AM »
i'm in hudson county between jersey city and union city. about 5 or so mins from the lincoln tunnel

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 10:50:15 AM »
I've been at Gencon for the past two years representing EE.  Two years ago they had the whole circus there with the tourney, dealer's booth, and several events.  Last year things were on a smaller scale but I was still there running scenarios. 

Events are of all different scales.  Most events supply the models and the force lists that are specific to the scenario, depending on the moderator.  The standard points for a sanctioned tourney is 1000.  For a tourney you would need to have your own pieces with paint on them.

I can't speak on EEs behalf but, I don't see why there wouldn't be events present this year at Gencon.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

cerealkiller195

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 11:09:12 AM »
yeah i want to collect a force at the "standard" size, but wanted to make sure if any WZ players actually attended gencon and would they open play.