Author Topic: Starting To Play Again - A Few Rules Questions  (Read 5545 times)

Offline Firstborn

Starting To Play Again - A Few Rules Questions
« on: July 08, 2012, 01:32:12 PM »
I dusted off my Chronopia this weekend. I love the game so much, the rules and fluff are timeless.

A few questions:

1 - Devout summoned Greater Twilight Demon. It has a (2x) Fiery Claw attack. Does the 2nd attack count as a secondary attack at -4, or are they both
rolled at full CC?

2 - If a flying model is at height band 2, is 3" added to the range of ranged attacks?

3 - Can a model on wait charge a tunneling model as soon as it emerges, or does the model on wait need to wait for Trample or a different action?
Chronopia - The best fantasy miniature wargame ever made

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Starting To Play Again - A Few Rules Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 07:54:18 AM »
Natural attacks are both at full CC value.

I'll have to grab my book for the other answers.  I'm halfway moved into my girlfriend's house and cleaning out mine, so sorry for the delay.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Buzzu

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 05:33:59 AM »
Answer to question 2: Yes. You have to add the vertical distance to the horizontal one when measuring the distance of your target. This is absolutely good. What I personally hate is that this is applied to the flyers too when firing down. I have the swamp goblins drone riders which have a ridiculous range and they have to subtract from it the vertical distance, even if, physically speaking, a projectile going down should have to reach a greater distance, not a shorter. And they count as firing unit.... groan...

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 04:23:45 PM »
I would like an add/subtract rule for fixing that!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Horned God

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 08:24:16 PM »
Measure the horizontal distance and add the Height Band distance that the Flying Model is currently at to arrive at the total Range.

Yup. I play Swamp Goblin (my original name was the High Goblin back in the name)

I know how you feel. 12" range Drone Shaman.  :'( ???

Use the 'dive' rule where you can make one free downward HB shift. Fly say, range band 3, and start the game at 3. Then as you fly, the turn you will 'fire' and since some attacks are only 1 Action, you can move and drop 1 free height band so then you have a 9 inch range (HB 2, so your -3 range). Yet, before you do that, opponents must add 6 inches to attack you. Just a gift to them from you. Say 'your welcome' to them each time they fire a missile attack. Then when you fly down and lob a bomb, say 'here's another gift from me to you, Ka-Boom'  :P