Author Topic: BattleScribe  (Read 13420 times)

Offline Pax

• Journeyman
Re: BattleScribe
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 11:12:18 PM »
You should be able to test it without any registration. I did not need it at least. :-) If you got a Android phone it is on the market for free.

Offline Pax

• Journeyman
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 10:50:43 AM »
Tested to download the file from filedropper. Press the Download button, fill in the four letter/number check and the download will start. I had to try twice, not sure why but I could download the files in the end.

BattleScribe is possible to download for both computer and phone from this address: http://www.battlescribe.net/downloads.html

Offline micmellon

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 11:09:36 AM »
The download works fine  :)

But now I have to figure out how the software works... for this I have to find some sparetime...
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline Pax

• Journeyman
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 07:01:36 PM »
BattleScribe include 4 applications. 3 of them are used when designing new games and armies, Catalogue, Game system and Indexer.

To simply use the files I made, launch the BattleScribe roster. Click new and chose which army to select from. :-)  If on the computer. Make sure the Warzone.gst file is in the Gamesystem folder and Imperial.cat and/or Capitol.cat is in the catalogue folder.

On the phone. Check my first post

Offline Pax

• Journeyman
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 02:14:25 AM »
I took the time to check for errors in the various rosters and corrected these. I also split up the files into several different ones, as they are easier to work with when creating armies using the applications.

Also separated the Misc. file and named its files Warzone tools.gst and Warzone Catalogue Rulset. If anyone want to create another of the forces for this I highly recommend using it as a base as a good part of the Special Abilities been recorded in this one along with load outs and weapons of the Imperial and Capitol Corporation. I know some of those appear in other forces so should save some time. :)

Updated the first post to be easier to read :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 02:21:20 AM by Pax »

Offline micmellon

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 02:56:11 AM »
While most rules been included when it comes to buying units I could not get a working system for Support, sadly enough. So for support units you will have to keep track on how many Grunt and Elite squads you bought yourself.

Mote technical note, should someone else wish to try and get that part working.

I tried to enforce through various Modifiers the maximum amount you could pick to increase by 0.5 for each Grunt or Elite Squads you picked. It never increased beyond 1 though so something in that part did not work as I hoped. A risk is that it rounds it down to 0...

Maybe you give a 1 for each Grunt and a 0 for each Elite you picked. Then you set the cost for a support to 2. In this case it should be possible to buy one support for any two grunt squads.

Maybe it is worth to try it.

Offline Pax

• Journeyman
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 06:06:58 AM »
I have given a try as following: for every 2squads of either elite or grunt you get 1 support slot. :-) It will only be a issue if you build very small armies. ;-)

Offline Pax

• Journeyman
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 07:34:23 AM »
I was playing around with the catalogues on my phone and found a few more bugs, spelling errors and such which I corrected and uploaded. Latest version is as before on the first post. :)

Offline micmellon

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2012, 08:46:17 AM »
Do you know that you get only support for grunt squads?

Offline Pax

• Journeyman
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2012, 08:55:03 AM »
It obviously been to long since I played. Thanks, that fixes that easily  ;D

Offline Pax

• Journeyman
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2012, 01:17:44 PM »
Added Bauhaus Homebuilders to the list of catalogues created. New Bauhaus equipment and Special Abilities added to Warzone Catalogue Ruleset from the Homebuilders.

Offline Pax

• Journeyman
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2012, 01:26:05 AM »
Uploaded a new version UWZ 0.3, with some bug fixes in it for Imperial and Bauhaus Selections. :)

Offline Pax

• Journeyman
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2012, 11:25:57 PM »
Premium BattleScribe for iPhone got approved yesterday. Sadly the Free version was not, so the programmers is resubmitting once they made some changes. :) The Premium version is still good to go though. :)