Author Topic: What do you guys use for isc-proxies?  (Read 3519 times)

Offline shantaram

What do you guys use for isc-proxies?
« on: May 29, 2012, 05:05:46 AM »
Hi everyone

i was wondering what other imperial players use for isc gendarms proxies.

i have just orderd me some WH 40k imperial guard storm troopers http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1070103. Let me tell you my thoughts on them:

1. I know they dont look like the one on the picture in the uwz rules book, long coat and so on. and even in the imperial sourcebook they are described as more or less looking like civilians them selfes. but still they are a police force and there is lots of different divisions and special commando units. and since the storm troopers almost look like some SWAT-team or something, i took them as a special strike force like JUNIPER (special strike force against cibertronic) or FOXHOUND (a special strike force which uses the iron mastiffs).

2. I think they are easily convertible: just saw off the barrel of their lasgun and there you go, you have a beautyful interceptor SMG :)

3. they come in blisters of four, which just happens to be a complete squad. also they come in metal, which i love way more than plastic. and furthermore, they kind of match the bulky style of most warzone minies (except maybe for the shoulder pads, which they lack), and also i like gas masks :)

4. i might someday  buy me the matching stormtrooper sergeant as handler for the iron mastiffs, but you know how it is with WH: the one sergeant is almost as expensive as the whole squad... and some cool and cheap mastiffs i have not yet found either... :-\

what do you guys use for them proxies?
Imperial - Space Pirates

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: What do you guys use for isc-proxies?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 08:23:34 AM »
When I fielded them I used necromundo juves with autopistols.
a prefect fit for my MAd MAX themed army

and yes the SMG is sweet as hell.
makes them great cheap little troopers
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:27:47 AM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline micmellon

Re: What do you guys use for isc-proxies?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 12:16:01 PM »
I use my Regulars. I never field them. I use the ISCs or the Trenchers in most cases.
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night