Chronopia > Official New Units for your Game

Blackblood Cyclops.

(1/2) > >>

joshuaslater:
http://www.heresyminiatures.com/shop/images/large/monsters007.jpg

When not working in the quarries of the Empire,  the Cyclops are occasionally pressed into battle.  They are large, ferocious, and the least intelligent of all the races in the Empire.  The Goblins, with their usual cunning, have found them a useful addition to their forces.

CC: 12  RC: 8  PW: 0  LD: 8  AC: 2  WD: 4  ST: 8  MV: 3  AR: 18  Def: -1  Size: 3  Cost: 65

This model is fielded as a unit attachment to any NON MOUNTED Goblin unit.  

Special Abilities:
Steadfast
Cause Fear
Cyclops adds +2 to the Goblins LD score as long as it's alive and within command of his squad.
Ferocity
Any Ogre model within 8" of the Cyclops must pass an LD test, or it will attack the Cyclops with Hatred, +1..

The Cyclops is armed with either option:
Massive Flail   1" reach  DAM 16
Massive Axe  DAM 17

Classification:  Mortal.

Cirith:
I like. Even if the Ogres do not like these guys...

4 Wounds is beastly. Its easy to visualise one of these guys walking around the battle field with a bunch of Goblins swarming around his feet.

joshuaslater:
The playtesting was great with these guys.  I had an army with four troops of Goblins, each with a Cyclops.

You have to remember the higher LD of the troop in your wait tests, and panic tests, and it's hysterical when the troop fails a panic test, but the Cyclops is still standing there, not unlike a big dummy.

Four wounds ain't a dealbreaker, as believe me, with the 18 armor, and being so large over the Goblins (Eagle Eye), they add flavor, and on a good day, smash their opponents, but they don't just crush everyone like the latest army from some companies.   ;)

Buzzu:
Hmmm. I don't think I'll ever use it, but I like the idea.
The only thing I can't understand is the racism of the ogres.  :) Why? How can they survive in the empire with an ogre on the blood throne? Add some background. It' a question of "flavor"...  ;)

joshuaslater:
Flavor can be spiced later.   Feel free to write something down and post it here.   Now go test'em out!!  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version