Talaminiatures > Chronopia FAQ

Questions about the goblins.

(1/3) > >>

Buzzu:
Hy everybody. I'm back again in need of some clarifications about the swampyes.

As stated in another thread (but this is the right place to ask) I was wondering how the hunting spiders should be deployed. I need a novice shaman or a webmaster leader. They are part of the warband? They act as individuals but I need the spiders to be placed close? They are in their proper warband and the spiders have to be deployed close? A spider has mov 5, a novice shaman mov 3. How can I use the spiders good if they have to wait for the shaman to follow them saying: "Wait, not so fast my pets!"

Another question is about the spells "Seed of the poison yukka" and "Hornet's nest". It's written in the rules that you have to act as any other direct template weapon in targeting purposes. Ok. But the question comes before this. I have to use the RC stat to see if I hit where I want to hit. The spell has a difficult level. Do I have to subtract this level from the RC stat? Do I have to cast the spell with the difficult level applied to the PW stat AND throw it using the RC stat? This could be a very difficult procedure to reach success.
Better a novice with a blowpipe for 35 points, instead of 85 points of shaman plus 10 or 30 for the spells to make two different dice shots I can't even buffer, since the shaman cannot concentrate nor aim!

Please, tell me how it works. After longtime I'm getting ready to play my swamp army and I have to know every detail to play them correctly.

Thanks for your help.

dane:
I will give this a shot, and if a higher power wants to errata, I will bow to that wisdom.

I use Warhounds and Warhawks, I have always understood that they are placed in coherency with the Warband leader, then activate on their own afterwords as a separate unit (or individuals).
Simplified: Place close, activate separate after deployment.

Spells: Apply the power lvl to the spell and if it succeeds (if it fails, end action), then roll against the RC stat unmodified.
Simplified: Spell as normal, RC is just to see once it is activated that the unit has the skill to put it where it belongs.

Buzzu:
Thanks for your answers, Dane, but I still need some clarification. A novice shaman is NOT an individual. It is added to a warband as a member of. I'd be very happy to activate him alone casting gourd bombs everywhere, but I'm not sure it works like this.

About the spell, if it works like this I see very few chances to place it where it should. A novice shaman with a gourd bomb is more cheap and requires only a dice shot instead of two. Even if I still haven't understood how many action are needed to shot a gourd bomb. A blowpipe has a ROF of 1/2, so if I shot I can do nothing else that turn. Which is the ROF of a gourd bomb?

By the way, I playtested a goblin combo of 997 points against a dwarf wolf clan of 997, yesterday, and the goblins erased the clan, the most effect given by the blowpipers who killed a warband of four desert wolf warriors in two rounds, and a gourd bomb which killed three of five members, including the leader, of a warband of axe warriors before they could get in melee. Using the units, new questions arose. The mantis guard champion is a very powerful hero, I gave the coup de grace to the totem with no problems, helped by the fact that a totem has D 4, this allowed me to place an incredible number of goblins around him, and with the pole weapons you don't have to be in contact but you can hit staying behind your friend. The champion has group attack. Now the question: which is the group I have to consider him to be with? Every allied piece gives him a bonus of +2 to CC and DAM instead of the +1? This would be very cool. Do I have to specify a warband he's linked? Does it works only with members of a mantis guard unit?

Last but not least, I still have to playtest my swamp fiend. In it's profile is stated that it can pass above obstacles up to 2 inches with no problem. Can I use this to pass over enemy troops if they're not on wait? It's not a trample, I simply pass over them...

Buzzu:
This forum is usually crowded, but except for Bane seems nobody else does matter my matters! Groan!  :)

Anyway, I come with more and more questions, I wanna be an expert user of my armies.
And here I come: undeads and template effects. Does the hornet's nest and the seed of the poison yukka affects them? And what about powder pipe and gourd bombs?

I used common sense till now, and I thought that hornet's nest is an insect attack, if you're an undead it can give you no problem at all, especially if neither an arrow does.
It's a little different for the poison yukka and the blowpipe and bombs. It's a corrosive attack. An explosive one for the bombs. And it's entity is not low. So I think it should affect them, corroding and melting the flesh, no care if alive or already died.

Can anybody help?

Another question... drone warriors are considered missile weapon warband??? This is ridiculous! They have a range of 15! If they're flying to height band two they're already at mid-distance for an enemy right below them... and, considering the point cost, how much people should I field down to allow a full WB to be deployed? They can find a place in a 945 A.P. army, but only if I don't play blowpipers!

joshuaslater:
I'll see what I can do for all of these.  They are good questions.  I'll have answers over Talamania after the weekend of the 18th of this month.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version