Author Topic: New line miniatures logo  (Read 11195 times)

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
New line miniatures logo
« on: March 17, 2012, 04:51:30 AM »
Hi to all,
as someone just know I starting again product miniatures (sculpted by me). I think someone remember  cycloes forge  :)

Next week will be ready my new site, www.ghamak.com , and I will doing new piece inspired to warzone and chronopia.

I need a new name for my scifi fantasy line, but my english is very poor... So, before make the new logo, I need a correct name...

My first think was about "shadow war", or "shadow strike", but how it sound in English? I think so because the corporation in warzone don't combat officially one against others, but are unite under the some standard against the Dark Legion, so, the internal wars between corporation are illegals and officially denied (or I remember wrong?

If you have any other cool name and or logo to propose, please, do. The site will be online next week (so I must prepare the logo before)

thanks to all :)

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
Re: New line miniatures logo
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 05:21:57 AM »
Hi,
Thanks for comment Franzetta ,

because I have actually three line, W.E.R. (chronopia like, who understood what mean the acroniomus W.E.R. is great :)  ), Shadow War (unsure about this name, warzone inspired miniature) and a third where I collect other stuff I did I'll like to do different from the other two. So, cannot make all three line under the generic name Ghamak Miniatures, but must differentiate.

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 06:18:52 AM »
Now - im not sure if your line will grow enough to earn a name like SW.
Btw - pictures were nice! Maybe also a W.E.R. figure to check the sculpts quality.
Also - many manufacturers open sites under one name and part in fantasy and scifi shop directories.
This way they can even easily copy warzone designs without conflicting copyrights.

P.S.: If theyre cool - i wanna adeem to this thread:
http://www.unrealplayground.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56038&highlight=scienefiction+miniatures

Thanks. As I did for W.E.R. logo (take a look to chronopia forum), I would like to reinvent in part the logo style (as you can see W.E.R. has some element of Chronopia old logo).

For the quality of sculpts, you can take a look at Ogre Deth seeker (also in chronopia section)

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 01:17:03 PM »
Good works - what what for?
Are you supposed to make a complete new Chronopia line?
At least they obviously dont support the original style in detail.
So i think making general Scifi and Fantasy models
is more recommendable.
My tip: copy designs from the old Syndicate
PC game - a absolute gap in the market.

P.S.: In case youre interested i could support
you with my pictures collection.

P.S.2: Please dont be insulted - they
just seem to fit better with darkage or wyrd(?).
I btw really iked new firstborn - reaper has some
cool vikings but theyre just not the same .. .

yes, I would like to done a complete line from scratch, inspired by chronopia and another inspired by WZ. Obviously I have not the Paradox right, and in sincerity don't want (I was in contact with paradox and I think their
agreement was a real trouble IMHO).

Don't want doing a generic line, and don't want copy the original Chro or WZ design, but want take inspiration from this two (absolutely legal option). The design of the two game are pretty old and dated, a refresh is
necessary (for this reason (IMHO again) take the rights from Paradox is not useful at all, if not for paradox itself).

Insulted? Why? Don't see any insult in your post my friend :) You want give me publicity and doing advice, I don't see offence in your words.

Where is the new firstborn?

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 06:35:14 AM »
Oh, understood.

I will love to see your work

Offline Grinder

• In war, truth is the first casualty.
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 03:20:04 PM »
I have been wainting for you to release new warzone minis. Do you have some pics on the old stuff you did fo WZ?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:23:03 PM by Grinder »

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 02:29:07 AM »
Nice done Franzetta.

Grinder@ the warzone inspired model are not so good as I through years ago when finished it. Here a Picture of the 19th silent:

and

Now I'm a better sculptor and, more significant aspect, the miniatures market evolve dramatically with new, dynamic and beauty sculpts.

Shadow war series (no one have a better name?) will start after the site open, the first miniature will be a set of Lutheran cavalry ( another revised sculpt from the past). Then a resculpt of the 19th and more to come.

Offline dane

• Board Member
  • The Board
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 06:14:10 AM »
Shadow War is actually a very good name. It has a lot of good sound and meaning for a war game logo/name. When you re sculpt the 19th silent I will take 16 of them right off. Do you have any of the older ones still?

William R.
We are all who we say we are. So long as our actions are the same as our words.

Mishima prophet

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 08:20:24 AM »
Shadow War is actually a very good name. It has a lot of good sound and meaning for a war game logo/name. When you re sculpt the 19th silent I will take 16 of them right off. Do you have any of the older ones still?

William R.

Hi,
thanks William.
19th silent are on my desk, I doing on it some correction (here and there, especially weapon and legs). I think will be ready relatively soon.

Offline Grinder

• In war, truth is the first casualty.
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 08:42:36 AM »
If its possible to come up with requests for new Warzone minis, it would have been nice to see some new stormtrenchers to Imperial :D

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 08:49:10 AM »
sure, but after I stabilized a bit the situation and streamline the process, I will be more than happy receive your feedback :)
 You can start somewhere a pool and decide time to time the new piece. As I said before (or in other topic) I want arrive at 3/4 release per month after streamlined process (and my personal life :)

Offline dane

• Board Member
  • The Board
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 09:47:54 AM »
That is Great to hear. What is your present catalogue or distribution set up? No rush, when you get that ready so you can get paypal or other payments, I will be there to help buy...lol

Good luck! Looking forward.
We are all who we say we are. So long as our actions are the same as our words.

Mishima prophet

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 10:08:21 AM »
Thanks a lot my friend :)

the catalogue is on www.ghamak.com , will ready this week.

Offline Pollo

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 07:54:29 AM »
Surely many Italian players will be glad to buy the new models!

(Sicuramente molti giocatori italiani saranno lieti di acquistare i nuovi modelli!) ;)